I have been searching around and can't find a definitive answer. I am looking to tether my storm to my mac and use it to connect to the web. I am not planning on using this for an extended period. I am using this for an academic marketing project.
    07-02-09 04:34 PM
    Call VZW and order the tethering package. Then you would connect your computer to your phone using your USB cable.

At this point, you would initiate a data connection & go.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-02-09 05:01 PM
    VZW will not support tethering a MAC with a Blackberry. The connection software is set up for that. Not saying will not work with a DUN type connection, but if it is not do not waste your time call tech. Might be waste of money for the tethering feature.
    07-02-09 05:05 PM
    VZW doesn't support using WinDUN either, but that doesn't mean it isn't allowed or that it won't work. It just means you can't call 611 & get Happy Harry or Awesome Alan to help you when you can't figure it out.

07-02-09 08:16 PM
    VZW doesn't support using WinDUN either, but that doesn't mean it isn't allowed or that it won't work. It just means you can't call 611 & get Happy Harry or Awesome Alan to help you when you can't figure it out.

I find it funny as well. We do not support it, but we do use it for trouble shooting.
    07-02-09 08:21 PM
    We do not support it, but we do use it for trouble shooting.
    Of course you would use it for troubleshooting. It takes away the variables introduced with the crappy Access Manager. AM slows the connection and adds its own loops & protocols. It is an addon that forces a connection through Windows, while WinDUN is a direct connection between the data stream & the OS. I use AM only when I absolutely have to.

I can take a laptop, connect using WinDUN and, using Parallels, get a full simultaneous Windows AND Mac data connection that is superior to the Mac connection. But even Mac offers better connectivity, with fewer problems, than does AM.

07-02-09 08:42 PM
    I have been searching around and can't find a definitive answer. I am looking to tether my storm to my mac and use it to connect to the web. I am not planning on using this for an extended period. I am using this for an academic marketing project.
    The instructions in post #8 in the thread below worked for me.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/tet...ok-pro-137567/

Make sure you add the BBA tethering plan to your number.
    07-02-09 09:39 PM
    The instructions in post #8 in the thread below worked for me.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/tet...ok-pro-137567/

Make sure you add the BBA tethering plan to your number.
    Good stuff - someone else posted the same question this morning - too bad too many people just post nilly-willy & don't look for the answers themselves.

07-03-09 03:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD