im on my third storm in under a year, and they just keep poopin out on me. Usually the ear piece but this time it seems like the software is super buggy and the battery life is around 15 hours.

I have heard that if you keep having problems again and again, sometimes verizon will just offer you a different phone rather than continually replacing the model you have...
    Does anyone know if there is any truth to this? Would it even be worth my time dealing with VZW (usually not worth the time of day)

Right now my phone has no keyboard in group chat, battery dies excessively fast, and the speaker phone comes on randomly while I am talking on it... I know some of these are typical storm 2 problems and can be fixed to some extent but I feel that I should not have to go out and investigate a fix for my product I purchased from them..

Any thoughts?
    10-11-10 11:06 PM
    They no longer offer the multi exchange warranty replacement. But I have seen exceptions made. But if all phones have the same issue, it may be user error or stuff you are putting on your phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-10 11:24 PM
    yeah i would tend to agree with you except the only apps i run are mobile launchers for the weather channel and espn. Im also not sure how user error would cause my phone to flash onto speaker phone, robot voice, give me the "uncaught exception, program terminated" and lock up on the incoming call screen when someone calls, or not allow the keyboard to come up on group chat but hey i must have magical powers!
    10-11-10 11:59 PM
    hey i must have magical powers!
    You must. It is a lame power though, I can't see any one saving the world with uncaught exceptions.
    10-12-10 01:46 AM
    I had 2 S2s defective. GPS chip died & touchscreen bad on the first. Touchscreen & accelerometer bad on 2nd. I'm a "high value" account per the rep. I explained that as a doctor, it was unacceptable to have a phone that would lock up & require a battery pull, then 15 minutes of downtime before I could answer pages on call.

I wiped over & over, ran bare bones with minimal & mature apps. No luck. Even then, they would not send me a refurb BB of a different model after 2 truly defective units. At the tech's suggestion, I sold my S2 and am waiting for refurb Bolds to show up on VZW. Currently using an old S1. Hope they are more accomodating to you.

10-13-10 10:50 AM
    I've had all three. I really like the Bold but the unit i had had a bad trackpad. The Storm 2 was good but the browsing wasn't up to par with the Droid so i switched.

I would go with either the Bold or Storm 2.
    10-13-10 01:05 PM
    I've had Storm and Storm2 and now I have the Bold. The Bold is a solid device, and I have had zero issues with mine. The Bold OS' released and leaked are very stable, and aren't riddled with bugs.

I got the Bold about 2 months after getting Storm2, and haven't looked back.
    10-13-10 01:14 PM
    I had a very similar experience with my old world edition, still the best blackberry I ever owned until one fateful day...

At the urging of Desktop Manager I finally pulled the trigger and updated the old world editions software, and backed up its contacts. This however was enough to cause a cataclysmic failure in the old girl and kill it dead. Verizon then was kind enough to send me a "refurbished device" which of course didnt work correctly. They then sent me another one, broken speaker, and another one, randomly turned off, then politely told me to f-off when i brought the newest one in. Ended up having to buy a new phone and the storm2 was my selection...

Im now on my third one of them (ear piece goes out and phone sounds tin-y) and with the new software, would like to get into something different. This sounds like a case where a person should just buy their own, but i feel that as a customer who is utilizing a product sold by a company, "upgraded" by the company, and now not working effectively as a result, should be compensated for my continual headache with this particular issue. Think of it as if it were a car. If you are under warranty and something stops working, they fix it for free. (they being the dealership) If they make an upgrade to the computer system, which causes the car to not perform as advertised, they must right the wrong. Why is this concept so hard for verizon wireless to understand? if you will not stand by your products and the software upgrades that you provide, you should not be selling them...

What do you think?

For the record i think i am going to be running to a bold as soon as i can without paying an arm and a leg...
    10-13-10 02:58 PM
    They can not fix it, so they replace it. If your car keeps giving you issues they don't give you a new car. If they do you need to point me to that mechanic right now.
    10-13-10 03:23 PM
    I understand what you are saying, but if they cannot fix a major piece, ie (motor or a transmission, etc) because they cannot figure out what is wrong with it they will replace the entirety of it. I know that analogy may have been hard for you to grasp but the point was that Verizon has disgusting customer service, but i guess thats what you get when your entire store is made up of College Dropouts and people whose most successful attribute in life is that G.E.D.
    10-13-10 04:17 PM
    I understand what you are saying, but if they cannot fix a major piece, ie (motor or a transmission, etc) because they cannot figure out what is wrong with it they will replace the entirety of it. I know that analogy may have been hard for you to grasp but the point was that Verizon has disgusting customer service, but i guess thats what you get when your entire store is made up of College Dropouts and people whose most successful attribute in life is that G.E.D.
    The anaology wasn't hard for me to grasp at all, it doesn't make sense. You are comparing removable, workable parts of a car to a small electronic device. The very act if disassembling the phone voids the warranty, so the carrier, any carrier, will not do that. Replacing the phone is the next option as recommended by the manafactuer in complience of the warranty. When vzw gives you another phone, that us them going above and beyond the warranty to satisfy the customer. And if your attitude is such that you look down on or belittle people because if their education, not only do I hope that they do not work with you but I hope you trip and fall and your broken Storm 2 finds its way up your @$$.

10-13-10 05:54 PM
    wow, little bitter about that college denial letter huh... well your reasoning tells me enough about you to determine you are one of these highly educated and well trained verizon life winners. I hope your future suites you there because with your attitude about customer relations I do not see a future as a self employed, nor successful person. Ever.

respectfully of course,
    The rest of the world
    10-14-10 12:52 PM
    wow, little bitter about that college denial letter huh... well your reasoning tells me enough about you to determine you are one of these highly educated and well trained verizon life winners. I hope your future suites you there because with your attitude about customer relations I do not see a future as a self employed, nor successful person. Ever.

respectfully of course,
    The rest of the world
    Hmm so you seem okay passing blanketed judgment on people? That makes you a great person. You must feel so proud of yourself. I bet your family is proud too. They raised you right. You can say what you want but in the end I never have to deal with you and when you die, I won't care.
    Last edited by supermario28; 10-17-10 at 02:08 AM.
    10-14-10 01:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD