EXACTLY! not to mention the obvious fact that pandora doesnt cache ANY stations... 100% streaming!
    It sounds like you may not be clear on what streaming actually is. If Pandora were 100% streaming, why does the data connection turn off after 45 seconds? Because it cached the song.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-10 09:21 AM
    It sounds like you may not be clear on what streaming actually is. If Pandora were 100% streaming, why does the data connection turn off after 45 seconds? Because it cached the song.

if that were the extremely technical case, then what happens when that song is finished??

at the end of the day, its advertized as an app for streaming music for a reason.... not because it caches stations
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 01-28-10 at 09:57 AM.
    01-28-10 09:50 AM
    I cant believe this thread is still going on
    01-28-10 10:51 AM
    I agree, hasnt this subject been beaten to death multiple times???
    01-28-10 11:41 AM
    I agree, hasnt this subject been beaten to death multiple times???
    It has. It seems as some people can not stop whining about tethering, Tether, and IF VZW charges you.
    01-28-10 12:24 PM
    well, we shall see I had a couple MB when I used the IP modem link... will be interesting to see if I get chged.
    01-28-10 12:51 PM
    But now, because some holier than thou Verizon fanboy posts the contract, now that I've actually seen it, I am bound by my word to honor it. Yeah, I know, I should have been the only customer in history to pour over the fine print of the contract in a crowded Verizon store while there is a line of people impatiently waiting behind me. And yes, I know that I signed it and therefore I am responsible for it.
    While I totally appreciate your vent, and the fact that you accept responsibility for your own failure to read the contract you entered into, I hope you will indulge me for a moment in pointing out - without the obligatory "Verizon fangirl" speech - that there is no need to pour over the contract in a crowded Verizon store to practice due diligence. Verizon's customer agreement is on their website for the entire world to view before ever setting foot in a store. But honestly...even if you had read it...would that have prevented you from signing it?
    01-28-10 01:38 PM
    probobly not because he wanted a "cool" phone.
    01-28-10 01:40 PM

What you are not clear on is the difference between buffering and cacheing. Pandora buffers, it buffers enough to try to stay ahead of the stream. The buffered stream is gone once that part plays through. Cacheing saves to a file for later playback.
    01-28-10 03:43 PM
    What you are not clear on is the difference between buffering and cacheing. Pandora buffers, it buffers enough to try to stay ahead of the stream. The buffered stream is gone once that part plays through. Cacheing saves to a file for later playback.
    Exactly, I love it when people come on here like they KNOW what their talking about, get your facts in place or get FLAMED. lol
    01-29-10 08:08 AM
    I'd like to know exactly WHY there are currently THREE threads regarding the SAME thing...
    Cant someone DO something about it!?

and learn how to use search.

I believe we've come to a consensus that it is unknown exactly what will happen if you use tether/tetherberry or IP modem link.
    Everyone is too chicken to try it who hasnt yet.
    Those who do; dont get charged and even a rep cant get a straight answer from another rep regarding how it works...

Bottom line: Yes there are 3rd party tether apps. Reps are aware of it... most have never seen the adverse repercussions of using them personally and all accounts are all second hand. Until I see visual proof with a customer bill... I will have to say that its an urban myth. This opinion is coming from a rep... I'm going to stay neutral on this and agree; you SHOULD subscribe to tethering to be safe... but if you roll like madmax... go for it.
    Personally... MY OPINION... is vzam is a decent program and I like it... but now that IP modem link is avail; I will most likely use it.
    Free is the way to go...
    When they open up GPS to use then we'll know the answer I guess.
    01-29-10 08:24 AM
    Has anyone been "caught" using Tether yet? Seems i still hear threats from VZW reps, but no actual customers that have been billed by VZW for using Tether. When i worked for VZW i never came across an additional charge for using Tetherberry

If anyone has, post your bill!

03-17-10 04:14 PM
    My brothers, friends cousin , on his mom's side got caught using it! At least that is what my brother told me that his friend told him.
    03-17-10 05:07 PM
    LOL! Exactly! Also, Tether is still being sold in the VZW branded app store.

03-17-10 05:26 PM
    LOL! Exactly! Also, Tether is still being sold in the VZW branded app store.

Wrong! It's not available anymore thru "appzone". Get your facts straight before you resurrect a dead thread with your lies.

03-17-10 09:57 PM
    When did VZW stop selling Tether? That's pretty recent.

03-17-10 10:15 PM
    Yep. Sure enough. Their site is no longer powered by handango either. Looks like one of the Tether haters/VZW lover boys screamed loudly enough to VZW that they removed it.

Are you happy now, oh great defender of Verizon, whoever you are? I'll just bet you're gleefully gloating right about now.

03-17-10 10:54 PM
    lol. i hope we didn't get Handango in trouble!

03-17-10 10:58 PM
168 ... 567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD