This promo may help some that want to get the Bold!

Effective 5/20/2010 through 11:59PM on 6/30/2010,

Select high value customers will be targeted and offered an early upgrade.
    Customers can only upgrade once during this promotional period.
    Please review the attached training document for details of the promotion.
    05-15-10 09:16 AM
    Hello! So now the question is, would I be a "select high value customer" with 5 lines, two of which are Blackberry's, and having been a customer for 8 years? Probably not. There are thousands of people who spend at least that much with VZW every month. I wonder if I could "solicit" this upgrade by doing some groveling and begging, lol?

I'm tired of cleaning my trackball

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-10 09:35 AM
    Hello! So now the question is, would I be a "select high value customer" with 5 lines, two of which are Blackberry's, and having been a customer for 8 years? Probably not. There are thousands of people who spend at least that much with VZW every month. I wonder if I could "solicit" this upgrade by doing some groveling and begging, lol?

I'm tired of cleaning my trackball

If i find out more detail i will post them here!
    05-15-10 09:59 AM
    I would like to know more as you find out. Thanks
    05-15-10 10:08 AM
    Sorry Verizon, you won't sucker me into this one...
    05-15-10 10:56 AM
    They have had this promotion for a while. They're just targeting more people, mostly those with regular phones. Money is in data adds, so they want people to get into smartphones.
    05-15-10 11:19 AM
    Personally, i'm not upgrading until i see major improvement with BlackBerry browser! So i may have my 9630 for a few more years!

05-15-10 04:41 PM
    Personally, i'm not upgrading until i see major improvement with BlackBerry browser! So i may have my 9630 for a few more years!

A few years until we see a good browser? Banish the thought!

Where's my mod stick?

Oh yeah. I don't have one Can I borrow yours?

05-15-10 04:51 PM
    i don't have one either! Yeah, i'm hoping for an improvement sooner. Much.

05-15-10 05:00 PM
    i don't have one either! Yeah, i'm hoping for an improvement sooner. Much.

Webkit yo!
    05-15-10 09:47 PM
    Hoping the 9650 actually gets released in that window, and hope I'm eligable. I'm a storm1 owner and I don't think I can deal with this thing until november when my upgrade is due.

It's been decent but the memory and click problems are starting to get on my last nerve. Considered just buying a used tour to get me through the next 6 months but hey, if I can upgrade now to a 9650 so be it.
    05-16-10 11:29 AM
    In most businesses, high risk customers are the ones whose payment ability is questionable. I suppose in VZW's world, high risk customers are those whose contracts have expired and may walk.
    Last edited by Notataloss; 05-19-10 at 11:35 AM. Reason: grammar
    05-19-10 11:35 AM
    In most businesses, high risk customers are the ones whose payment ability is questionable. I suppose in VZW's world, high risk customers are those whose contracts have expired and may walk.
    LOL I was wondering same thing,,,, High risk in the insurance world means one who may cost a company the most money. Teen drivers are considered "high-risk"

05-19-10 03:34 PM
    High Risk for a cell phone company has to do with churn. A customer close to end of contract, especially newer customers, are a high risk because they may leave. So they would offer a high risk and a high value customer, a reason to stay.
    05-19-10 06:29 PM
    Anyone (VZW reps maybe) know what the criteria for being a high-risk high-value customer?

I've got a family plan with 4 lines on Natiowide 1400 talk & text and want to upgrade to either the Bold or the Incredible. That would add the data package and everything. Thoughts on if i'd be eligible?

Also would this be available for secondary lines on a family plan?
    05-21-10 05:35 AM
    Does Verizon think the same way that AT&T apparently does where people on family or corporate plans are not much of a threat to leave because it is "difficult" to move all the numbers to a new carrier?
    05-21-10 07:39 AM
    I was in a store last night to see if I could take advantage of this and get rid of my s1 with a cracked screen.

Like mario said this promo is specifically targetting only those with dumb phones, to get them to smartphones and get more data money.
    05-21-10 08:01 AM
    Does Verizon think the same way that AT&T apparently does where people on family or corporate plans are not much of a threat to leave because it is "difficult" to move all the numbers to a new carrier?
    What? No.
    05-21-10 11:45 AM
    Anyone (VZW reps maybe) know what the criteria for being a high-risk high-value customer?

I've got a family plan with 4 lines on Natiowide 1400 talk & text and want to upgrade to either the Bold or the Incredible. That would add the data package and everything. Thoughts on if i'd be eligible?

Also would this be available for secondary lines on a family plan?
    They don't have a set criteria for this upgrade option. You are either eligible or you are not. I have seen some secondary lines qualify also, so maybe you will get it...
    05-21-10 11:49 AM
    I just got off the phone with a Verizon Rep who had never even heard of this promotion, and said that they are not doing anything like this...

How do you find out if any of the lines on your account are eligible?

Thanks
    05-22-10 10:25 AM
    I just got off the phone with a Verizon Rep who had never even heard of this promotion, and said that they are not doing anything like this...

Thanks
    The best way is to ask. If you are eligible than it is noted in your account.

05-22-10 10:31 AM

Thanks
    Qualifying accounts will have it noted that you qualify and you will receive a letter or email about it.
    05-22-10 12:27 PM
    I also spoke with a rep yesterday who had not heard of this promotion.
    05-22-10 09:19 PM
    Interesting, I spoke to a rep yesterday and she told me that my line was eligible for an upgrade. I instantly dismissed it and ignored her supposed "ignorance" since it isnt due for an upgrade until next year. Maybe I should look into it further.
    05-22-10 11:55 PM
    I just got a call today telling me 2 of my 5 lines were eligible for early upgrades. One line already has a data plan and the other does not so I'm not sure what criteria they are using to determine who gets to take advantage of this promo. We have about 10 months left on our contract.
    05-24-10 04:54 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD