Have you ever woke up one morning and find you have NO emails??? or cant get on the internet on your browser??? You look at your signal bars and see a teeny 1x and not your 1XEV and flashing arrows... NO BUENO!!!
    soft reset doesnt work; cant resend service books or register HRT... UBER no Bueno... well... here's the fix...
    ( verizon BB's only )

This is an issue mainly on Blackberry Curve:
    it works on other berries as well... We've come up with this awsome fix here in data support and it works 99% of the time.

dial ##000000 <send>
    You get the "CDMA Service Edit Screen"
    ***this is not going to break your phone I promise***
    delete your phone number from the Mobile Directory Number field and replace with 0000001234
    Do the same thing with the number located in the IMSI_S field.
    click your trackball and choose save
    you should get "write sucessful; resetting device"
    your berry should now reboot itself...
    once its rebooted; now its time to reprogram the phone!!!!
    dial *228 and choose option 1
    groove to the music... ( horrid I know )
    once it programs; watch your 1x turn to a 1X then to 1XEV and watch your data arrows fly...
    most likely you will get a lot of queued up emails and alerts and messages...

test out that data by logging into your browser...

if these steps do not work...
    try going back into the cdma screen earlier...
    SIP User ID about halfway down the screen should be your [email protected]
    SIP password is blank;
    put the letters "vzw" in the password field and save.
    this may resolve. Ive never had to take this second step but its a secondary step.

HAPPY DATA!!!
    04-24-09 12:25 PM
    I have been having this problem the last few weeks, but I've had my Curve since last June.

Why is this issue suddenly happening?
    04-24-09 12:44 PM
    I have been having this problem the last few weeks, but I've had my Curve since last June.

Why is this issue suddenly happening?
    still not sure why its happening, ive had it happen one time on my curve...
    we've had the fix for about 5mo
    Its a good work around albeight a bit lengthy if it happens a lot.

You have had your berry since june? have you updated the software to 4.5?
    04-24-09 01:22 PM
    Gotta love manual programming. This is nothing more that a standard trouble shooting step for any tech to get a devices data back.
    04-24-09 01:55 PM

You have had your berry since june? have you updated the software to 4.5?

I'm sitting down this weekend with CB 101 to figure out how to update to 4.5.0.138.
    04-24-09 02:11 PM
    i havent had any trouble with my curve yet on verizon, but im making a note of this because i had to do something similar with a samsung gylde (horrible phone, might i add) that i owned previously and this appears to be a valid fix. thx for the heads up!
    04-24-09 03:40 PM
    No problem; whenever I come up with cool fixes on my own or with the help of my fellow techs.. I want to share them... its no fun to sit on hold and then hope you get a tech that actually knows what they are doing.
    04-25-09 11:33 AM
    No problem; whenever I come up with cool fixes on my own or with the help of my fellow techs.. I want to share them... its no fun to sit on hold and then hope you get a tech that actually knows what they are doing.
    I agree and thank you for sharing the info here
    04-25-09 12:00 PM
    Wouldn't a simpler method be to simply turn off all connections, wait a minute, and then turn them on again? I've had this happen to me from time to time, mainly overseas with my 8830, and this does the trick.
    04-25-09 01:48 PM
    Yes it easier to do this, but sometime when all else fails, stronger measures are needed.
    04-25-09 01:50 PM
    These troubleshooting steps are for when toggling the radio does not work.
    for the issue with the curve... toggling doesnt work.
    And this issue is prominant with the curve. but works on the other vzw bb's as well.
    04-25-09 02:32 PM
    That makes sense. Since I'm not familiar with the Curve, I did not realize that my suggestion may not be a viable option.
    04-25-09 08:01 PM
    Will that fix my storms terrible reception

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-09 08:10 PM
    Will that fix my storms terrible reception

I doubt it, these are steps more for data than anything else. Bye putting in the number it resets the device in a scense to not being programmed at all. when you do the *228 opt 1 again you will get the same PRL you had before, unless there was a newer one.
    04-25-09 08:15 PM
    The little devils says it's ok, then it sounds good to me. I will add this solution to my helping repertoire.
    04-25-09 10:27 PM
    its no fun to sit on hold and then hope you get a tech that actually knows what they are doing.
    Wait - you mean they don't ALL know what they're doing?

Not sure if that was an admission or a finger pointing.

I would like to point something out, though. When working within the programming, be extremely careful. Just like when in Windows Registry, you can brick your device if you mess up or change the wrong thing.

04-26-09 12:14 AM
    I am not finger pointing because no matter what, there is never someone who "knows all"
    I mean, I dont claim to know EVERYTHING about EVERY verizon device out there... in fact I am more than willing to admit it... ( specially those "dumb" phones )
    There are techs out there that ARENT willing to admit that they dont know all. they are the ones that screw up your phone.
    If I want to try a new set of troubleshooting steps I ALWAYS try it on MY phone at home before giving them out or trying it on a customers phone. If I nuke my phone I can fix it. ( about 5x ) and then re-assess my ts steps.
    Others really nice and random...

such as: ISSUE: internal speaker not working; cannot hear other party or vica versa on a call...
    MAY be hardware issue and a lot of reps are quick to replace the device...
    here's a trick:

Make sure you can log into the BIS webclient ( so you can send service books )
    Delete all service books except for provisioning(PROVISIONING)
    remove battery and while battery is out resend service book entries.
    reboot device.
    after the device has rebooted: update prl using option 1
    IF the problem was software the issue with the speaker will resolve itself. If it IS the speaker fault then you are good for a replacement.
    04-26-09 01:44 PM
    I just updated my OS to 4.5.0.138, will I need to do your tweak again?
    05-01-09 05:42 AM
    After an OS update start by doing the following.

*228 opt 1

#832 this tests the call

Register now

From your Bis account resend serivce book and then test the email
    05-01-09 07:32 AM
    Great Advice! Thank you for this. Ill keep it in my notes also
    05-01-09 07:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD