I was an Alltel Customer, but due to the merger, I am Verizon now, here are my options and I want to know what will be cheaper monthly

1. Buy the LG Tritan on ebay and activate it with my 900 minute national freedom family plan, add the necessary data feature, 400 text messages, an Aircard, and two additional lines, basically I would be keping my current Alltel plan and getting rid of my BlackBerry and getting a regular phone with an HTML browser, so it would require a special data feature, but sine I am buying it out of contract, no Smartchoice plan is needed

2. Port to Verizon get the LG Dare on a 1400 minute family plan, necessary data feature, 500 text messaging plan, aircard, and two additional phones

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-09 10:51 PM
    I have one more option that I just thought of

3. Wait until the Samsung Rogue come out and get everything mentioned above, but I heard something about Verizon requiring a new special plan for this, so idk

08-28-09 10:58 PM
    I have one more option that I just thought of

3. Wait until the Samsung Rogue come out and get everything mentioned above, but I heard something about Verizon requiring a new special plan for this, so idk
    Supposedly the Connect or Premium plans - or the standalone plan - will be much less than the smartphone data plans.
    08-29-09 01:00 AM
    A piece(very small piece)of me dies every time someone chooses to get rid of their BB
    08-29-09 01:03 AM
    Lol, don't worry, its only temporary, hence why I am buying the phone on Ebay and I will have no contract, I just need a few months with a cheaper bill, then when the BlackBerry Storm 2 comes out, I will be getting it

08-29-09 01:08 AM
    A piece(very small piece)of me dies every time someone chooses to get rid of their BB
    At sometime in everyone's life, they realize they want something better.

08-29-09 01:53 PM
    Awww that's not nice....RIM is #1

08-29-09 01:57 PM
    I was an Alltel Customer, but due to the merger, I am Verizon now, here are my options and I want to know what will be cheaper monthly

1. Buy the LG Tritan on ebay and activate it with my 900 minute national freedom family plan, add the necessary data feature, 400 text messages, an Aircard, and two additional lines, basically I would be keping my current Alltel plan and getting rid of my BlackBerry and getting a regular phone with an HTML browser, so it would require a special data feature, but sine I am buying it out of contract, no Smartchoice plan is needed

2. Port to Verizon get the LG Dare on a 1400 minute family plan, necessary data feature, 500 text messaging plan, aircard, and two additional phones

How do you plan on "porting" to VZW when you're already VZW?

You would have had to been an Alltel customer at the time to actually port to VZW.
    08-29-09 03:24 PM
    well, when I say porting, I mean go to a Verizon plan and all that
    08-29-09 10:42 PM
    8 posts and no one has helped me

08-30-09 04:08 PM
    8 posts and no one has helped me
    On the Rogue question?

08-30-09 04:13 PM
    On the whole thing

08-30-09 04:33 PM
    Get an env2 loved that phone lol. Sorry to hear you have to spend some time berry less.

08-30-09 04:38 PM
    On the whole thing
    Okay - sorry - confused this with another thread & didn't go back far enough. .

Now that I did take a moment to go back, I see some confusing statements. You threw the Rogue in there, which will either need a new contract or be expensive - then you said you were definitely getting a Storm 2. With your mention of saving money, I'd not think you'd want to toss your NE2 on a Rogue, then a few months later going for a Storm.

The Storm 2 is mostly hype - a little lipstick on a 2-3 generation old OS which was until recently very good, but is now basically an old pig with no noticeable QC improvements. Wait until the thing has been out a minth before declaring that you will definitely be getting it, else you'll be here complaining about all the things it does wrong.

As for picking up a phone on eBay or CL, you need to determine if the price of the phone is fair & then choose which plan you like. I don't believe you can now change to another Alltel plan & any changes would need to be to a VZW plan.

For all you know, you might like the Rogue when it arrives, or even a different phone, and will find you'd rather have that than a BlackBerry.

I personally know too many BlackBerry owners who tell me it is their last one - that includes people on their first BlackBerry, their second or their fourth. Looking at what is in the pipeline & what I currently use or am testing, I can't argue with them.

08-30-09 04:55 PM
    ssanders2k7, you may wish to do a little investigating after Sept 8th,
    seems like the Rogue will have some additional requirements.
    look here
    on a side note, nice to see you Twins
    08-30-09 05:23 PM
    EYYY Verizon is a Good carrier mate. Nuffin wrong wit it. im a dual citizen and when i move bk to America from The UK, i always get bk with Verizon......i suggest you wait a month and get the BB storm 2, or whenever its suppose to drop....def worf da wait yeh? hope da fone Ting werkz out for you mate..
    08-30-09 05:31 PM
    ssanders2k7, you may wish to do a little investigating after Sept 8th,
    seems like the Rogue will have some additional requirements.
    look here
    on a side note, nice to see you Twins
    Thanks! As always, good to see you, as well, FAn.

Something consider with those additional requirements... we're not talking about a $30 data plan, but a regular dumbphone/advanced device plan. As such, the data component is cheaper. In packages, you can also get unlimited messaging, data, email, vCast & even VZNav all rolled in.

08-30-09 10:46 PM
    What twins says....*cringes* Not a soul on here can argue that he's not probably THE top info on CB

08-30-09 11:11 PM
    Not everything - the things I don't know (which is a lot of things) I usually try to keep my mouth shut on.

08-30-09 11:34 PM
    So I know I commented to a different post of yours (OP) similar to this about the Tritan, but I'm not sure if Alltel will let you go without the Smart Choice Plan with the Tritan.... I'm not entirely certain on this, but they do regular audits on accounts, and if you have a Tritan with just a regular data feature such as the Connect Pack 3, they may just cut that feature then cut your data until you get the appropriate plan...
    08-31-09 03:48 AM
    ssanders2k7,
    this also popped up today. It should help with any decisions about the Rogue.
    You should also take a gander here
    for some helpful information.
    08-31-09 11:58 AM
    Neverming guys, the Storm 2 will be out on October 14th, and I will just hold off until then and keep my BB Curve on the Alltel Plan

Thanks anyway for the answers

09-01-09 10:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD