So I've been looking at my data speeds using speedtest and was wondering, what are you other verizon users getting for your numbers? Also is there a better app to check the speed of the data?
    06-18-09 02:20 PM
    I got this with my notebook tethered to my Berry:

While using the Xtreme labs Speedtest application I got:

380.31 Kbits/s down
    309.28 Kbits/s up

Currently in Philadelphia.
    06-18-09 04:07 PM
    I just ran the xtreme labs app and got the following:

466.27 Kbits/s download
    352.08 Kbits/s upload

I haven't tried to tether it to my macbook yet. Thats on my To-do list.

I'm just south of Washington D.C.
    06-18-09 04:40 PM
    truthfully verizon data is closed to maxed out..

so its actually slower then what its supposed to be =(

I get around 88 using the cisco speed test..
    06-18-09 04:54 PM
    So I've been looking at my data speeds using speedtest and was wondering, what are you other verizon users getting for your numbers? Also is there a better app to check the speed of the data?
    You're mostly there. As gvillager noted, you must be tethering to get an accurate reading. Preferably best to be tethering with Windows DUN (or Mac equivalent) instead of Access Manager.

Windows DUN is a pure connection, so no bottlenecks.

For those wondering why you need to tether, all BlackBerry data is compressed & run through RIM servers. What you get from speed tests without tethering & going straight through your BlackBerry is the connection speed between the speed site & the RIM servers - not an accurate measurement.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-09 05:07 PM
    Hmmm... I get close to 2.5 MB down and 500 to 600 up with the mifi hooked up to my mac via usb. I was under the impression that evdo wasn't supposed to be this fast

I've done it mutliple times. Its just as fast as out home dsl connection.

06-18-09 05:42 PM
    Hmmm... I get close to 2.5 MB down and 500 to 600 up with the mifi hooked up to my mac via usb. I was under the impression that evdo wasn't supposed to be this fast

I can get 2 MB down where I am currently at in Philly, but only around 4 am and I have to be outside. I'm about 1/3 of a mile from where two major (and usually congested) interstates meet so the low data speeds at 5 pm isn't all that surprising.
    06-18-09 06:00 PM
    I can just about always get at least 2.5 down but I live less then a mile from the tower and there isn't much demand in this area. Only 3500 people and there's 2 other carriers here also.

06-18-09 06:06 PM

omg i hate you!!!!!!!!!!! lol just kidding but wow those are some ridiculous speeds!!!!!! i wish i had wifi so i could use mifi wherever
    06-20-09 05:17 PM
    I know I'm probably missing it somewhere, but is there a way to use the data without adding the tethering to the plan? I want to see what I can get in my area from my laptop.
    06-20-09 05:25 PM
    I know I'm probably missing it somewhere, but is there a way to use the data without adding the tethering to the plan? I want to see what I can get in my area from my laptop.
    I believe the only way is to have a tethering plan sorry ;/
    06-20-09 07:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD