Can't believe I'm the first to post this, but here you go!

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=knDCuaFg

I'll take the Playbook over it
    10-14-10 08:31 AM
    Surprised me. I thought VZW would release the Android-based Galaxy Tab before this.
    10-14-10 08:42 AM
    I also just saw that as well. A little pricey for me and I was thinking closer to the holidays for Verizon. Nice post by the way.
    10-14-10 08:50 AM
    Great post! I saw this too. It doesn't seem to be as nice as the apple one, because you have to have the mifi too, so 2 devices are needed. What does make me happy about this, is that it seems that Apple and Verizon are finally starting to agree on things....Hopefully this means that the Iphone will be heading to VZW in the near future...I won't totally leave my Berry, but I will carry and iphone as well. Very happy about this news.
    10-14-10 08:55 AM
    Hum...I believe it (since I saw it). It does shed some credibility on WSJ now. I am content with my Fascinate. I"ll wait until the hype dies down and maybe pick up an iPhone (from Verizon) for the wife.
    10-14-10 08:55 AM
    I always wondered why AT&T never carried iPads instore. Is the MiFi built-in or a separate device thrown in as a package deal?
    10-14-10 09:07 AM
    I always wondered why AT&T never carried iPads instore. Is the MiFi built-in or a separate device thrown in as a package deal?
    From how I read it in the FAQ's it looks like it will be a seperate decive thrown in as a package....Really the samething could have been done before. Just buying an wifi ipad, and getting MiFi. But either way it's good news. I think it may just be an initial roll out thing, and may change to the 4G or what not...I for one will be waiting to see how it goes.
    10-14-10 09:16 AM
    $700 on an iPad? I'd rather take that money and buy a laptop.
    10-14-10 09:21 AM
    $700 on an iPad? I'd rather take that money and buy a laptop.
    Yeah for another couple hundred bucks you can buy a Macbook that can do much more...I think it is kind of gimmicky myself.
    Last edited by evb624; 10-14-10 at 09:29 AM.
    10-14-10 09:24 AM
    Here's the Gizmodo link including the official Verizon press release: iPad Coming to Verizon Stores on October 28th
    10-14-10 09:29 AM
    I'll wait for the BB PlayBook thanks.
    10-14-10 09:46 AM
    The MiFi data plan will apparently offer up to 1GB of data for $20/month, no contract required.
    Is this a sign of what part of Verizon's coming tiered data plans will be?

If I can get 1GB of BB data for $20 ($10 less than I am now), I can get my wife into a BB and keep my net about the same. Of course I am leaning towards an iPhone for my wife, if it ever does arrive on VZW. That Apple and VZW are now talking openly (in the form of this deal), I have hope.....
    10-14-10 09:50 AM
    One small problem. The Playbook doesn't exist.
    10-14-10 10:02 AM
    Can't believe I'm the first to post this, but here you go!

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=zw68KAk3

Hehehe you beat me to it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-10 10:12 AM
    One small problem. The Playbook doesn't exist.
    It will soon. I'm in no hurry.
    10-14-10 10:27 AM
    Hehehe, I find the wording ridiculous. "The magic of I*ad" puhlease! Yeah, because nothing says magic more than oversized non-multitasking I*hone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-10 10:29 AM
    The only thing 'new' about this is that VZW is actually selling the iPad...you could've bought one before and used MiFi, nothing new. I don't see how this is THAT significant of a news item (unless you want to interpret that it must mean that VZW and Apple are finally getting along and that must mean the VZW iphone will be out soon).....
    10-14-10 11:59 AM
    I believe the $20 for 1GB data tied to the offer is new too. I think the only other plans they had for something like the MiFi is $59 for 5gb or $39 for 250mb.

Again, perhaps this is a sign of the new tiered data plans that will be coming out......
    10-14-10 12:03 PM
    I believe the $20 for 1GB data tied to the offer is new too. I think the only other plans they had for something like the MiFi is $59 for 5gb or $39 for 250mb.

Again, perhaps this is a sign of the new tiered data plans that will be coming out......
    I wonder that too. The new price scale is way different. If this is what's to come, I think people may be happy.
    10-15-10 01:15 AM
    Well, what about those of us that just want to use WiFi, what will the pricing scheme be? I am looking for a tablet that I can read documents, pdf's (like the express newspaper or Simultanous Music Animation with Sound) or view images better?

DJ
    10-15-10 09:04 AM
    The only thing 'new' about this is that VZW is actually selling the iPad...you could've bought one before and used MiFi, nothing new. I don't see how this is THAT significant of a news item (unless you want to interpret that it must mean that VZW and Apple are finally getting along and that must mean the VZW iphone will be out soon).....
    The difference is they're offering contract-free, month-to-month data plans and new tiers of data allowances. That's what's new. What's unclear is whether they'll offer these new data tiers if you buy the mifi sans ipad.
    10-15-10 09:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD