when I try to update from my storm it says I don't have enough available memory. it wants me to delete 21MB of personal memory.the phone is only two weeks old, there is only one picture on it and no videos, however I have down loaded 2 apps weather bug and vilingo, could this be the problem? my son has a storm and he had no problem updating his phone, he has a ton of stuff on his.
    thank you for taking the time to help me if you chose to.
    Billy
    06-01-09 10:10 PM
    Do a battery pull before trying te OTA
    It then should work.
    Goodluck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-09 10:20 PM
    weatherbug is a known memory leaker just do a battery pull like he said above it should only take one to free up the memory
    i had this happen a few times and unfortunately ended up deleting half my apps redownloading now haha
    06-01-09 10:29 PM
    or you can always uninstall the applications and do the upgrade then reinstall when your done.
    06-01-09 11:27 PM
    I was at verizon today in texas and they told me everyone will most likely get that not enough memory error becasue were not supposed to update till wendesday
    06-02-09 03:21 PM
    I talked to a BB training rep yesterday. The phone only has 64mbs of memory as is, and it takes 28mb to do the update, so if you have even 4 or 5 apps, he said the update OTA wouldn't work. He suggested that everyone do the update via the computer. Also, the update takes MUCH MUCH longer OTA, while on the comp it takes anywhere between 15 and 20 minutes, if all goes correctly.

He did mention Vlingo... said it uses a metric ton of app space, so that may be the one holding you back.
    Last edited by Lady.Khrystal; 06-02-09 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Vlingo
    06-02-09 03:23 PM
    Was on the phone with a rep last night over the same issue. They told me to uninstall all of my apps, update, then reinstall everything. P.I.T.A$$. They also told me it would only SAVE me 15-20 minutes by using the computer instead of OTA. Guy at my local store called me today, took him 5 hours last night to update.
    06-02-09 04:08 PM
    Don't I feel like a D--K! Went to update the OS just now and message read,"current OS .148, no updates available." I bought this last Friday and it came with the newest OS.
    06-02-09 10:06 PM
    Mine said the same thing when I tried to upgrade the new os official. So I called vwz rep and did a hard reset on my storm. After that I was able to upload the new os. But bak up yur contact list first before doing a hard reset.

06-03-09 01:31 AM
    Mine said the same thing so I completely wipe out my hard drive on my storm. But make sure u do a bak up for yur contact list.
    when I try to update from my storm it says I don't have enough available memory. it wants me to delete 21MB of personal memory.the phone is only two weeks old, there is only one picture on it and no videos, however I have down loaded 2 apps weather bug and vilingo, could this be the problem? my son has a storm and he had no problem updating his phone, he has a ton of stuff on his.
    thank you for taking the time to help me if you chose to.
    Billy
    06-03-09 01:34 AM
    Easiest way.....do a battery pull and then once it powers up do the upgrade. Don't open or run any other programs. It should work then.
    06-03-09 12:43 PM
    Thank you all for the help , I did a battery pull and that did the trick.
    now my question is how often will weatherbug cause this memory leaker problem? will I have to pull the battery every week or two? or less or more? or only if I have a problem, how can you check the memory status so you can keep an eye on this problem?. thanks again.
    Billy
    06-03-09 10:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD