10-01-09 04:32 PM
    It looks like a great phone, and it has a really nice screen....
    But personally I'm not all that into getting a WinMo phone... At least until WinMo 7 comes out...
    Rumor has it an HTC Android phone is making its way to Verizon soon... That phone may be my next phone...
    10-01-09 05:36 PM
    Android is on my short list, its rumored that RIM is releasing 16 new BB's in 2010...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-09 05:39 PM
    As much as I love BlackBerries, they need to make significant improvements in their OS and other applications before I get another one. Right now Android tops my list in terms of what I'm looking forward to seeing on Verizon in the near future...
    10-01-09 06:12 PM
    As much as I love BlackBerries, they need to make significant improvements in their OS and other applications before I get another one. Right now Android tops my list in terms of what I'm looking forward to seeing on Verizon in the near future...
    Cross your fingers on android. My store has to go to "new device training" for a "new OS" here soon. WE got signed up for it last week soooo that means android im about 90% sure AND they are saying its on a moto device.
    10-02-09 07:53 AM
    no thanks.
    10-02-09 07:59 AM
    I thought about getting it, because of the features and everything. 5.0MP camera and the MediaFlo live tv is pretty cool being on a smart phone.

BUT I'm also thinking about waiting for an Android phone. I have a feeling my Blackberry days are coming to an end with these much sleeker and up to date phones rolling out.
    10-02-09 10:15 AM
    Interesting... With the VoD college football setup I may swap to this... MAY ne setup

10-02-09 01:42 PM
    Take one TP2, strip off physical keyboard to save weight & further resemble an iPhone (a compliment), add Mobile TV, upgrade the camera & what do you have? The Imagio/Whitestone - probably the most capable consumer smartphone currently available.

Now that rumors abound that VZW is holding up the O2 for later in the month and may drop it with 6.1 instead of 6.5 (VZW marketing is full of dopes, so I wouldn't put this past them), the big competition will be from other brands & OS platforms.

Android looks good, but it isn't quite polished yet. Look at how long Google has been at the GrandCentral to Google Voice product or lack of easy folers in GMail to see evidence of why I think it might be awhile before it is polished.

And, I am all but writing off Palm.

So, in a nutshell, if you want a capable touchscreen device that is exceptional at handling media & looks great, the Imagio should be on your short list.

10-02-09 02:03 PM
    Have you tested and played around with it Twins?

10-02-09 02:31 PM
    That one, no - I got one as a short-term eval unit awhile back - was still just Whitestone & it was very early in the dev cycle. The physical configuration was set, but some of the details were still in need of work.

But based on what I saw then & the actual stats now, it doesn't take much to put it all together - especially when looking at TP2.

10-02-09 07:02 PM
    I'm ordering it the day it comes out.. October 6th. I tried to order it today since its in the system and the warehouses have them in stock, but to avoid early orders they priced it at $1,000 to avoid anyone trying to order before the date... I didnt think I'd give up my berry but it has TV! I miss my wife having the Voyager so I Could watch TV when she was shopping or waiting for a Dr appt.
    10-02-09 08:43 PM
    The reason for me looking into Android phones more over WinMo is because its new to me. I've had multiple WinMo phones from 5 and on, and while its not necessarily that I don't like them, its just I would like to indulge into a promising upcoming OS.

Though... I haven't been impressed by Motorola phones as of late... Especially their smart phone lineup...

The rumor I'm hoping will come true is that an HTC Android phone may be coming out in the near future...

And like I stated previously, I will likely try out another WinMo device when 7 is released...

But the Imagio is definitely a very capable phone...
    Last edited by R.O.C.; 10-02-09 at 08:51 PM.
    10-02-09 08:44 PM
    The reason for me looking into Android phones more over WinMo is because its new to me.
    I hear you - and I agree.

I am really good with WM, though, and you probably know about my anti-Google bias.
    10-02-09 08:47 PM
    Here's a look at the Imagio with the TV feature: Verizon Imagio at the GDGT Launch Party.

It looks tempting even though I'm not big on touchscreen keyboards since I can't type well on them. Imagio's live TV capability is the part that got my attention, though. I'm sure Verizon will charge for the service.
    10-02-09 10:33 PM
    WinMo is a ginormous PITA but at least Android has potential.
    10-02-09 10:40 PM
    Some WINMO phones are PITA but any HTC I've owned has always made it a better overall experience because they take the software and make it their own. Like the addition of TouchFLO software that makes the interface smooth and rich in features. I have less problems with HTC winmo phones than any other brand (Samsung, Motorola, etc...)
    10-02-09 11:48 PM
    WinMo is a ginormous PITA but at least Android has potential.
    It isn't at all and it is even better with TouchFlo. Less probs than I had with my BB. In fact not a single prob with this one at all.
    10-03-09 12:28 AM
    I just wish wimo had better sync/back up options. That is the hardest thing to deal with when supporting customers. Blackberry and even palm seem to be much more straight forward when backing everything up.

10-03-09 12:44 AM
    Active sync and winmo device center *shrug*

10-03-09 11:03 AM
    I use an Activesync Exchange Server, never have to worry about backing things up.
    10-03-09 11:59 AM
    Take one TP2, strip off physical keyboard to save weight & further resemble an iPhone (a compliment),

...snip...

The sleek form factor is offset by the inability to change the battery. In my book that rates a big thumbs down.
    10-03-09 12:38 PM
    I'm gonna get one on the 6th. Remember you always have 30 days! I'll get the Storm 2 if I don't like it, or just go back to my Storm 1. I'm very interested to see the difference in winmo 6.5 and earlier versions.
    10-03-09 12:48 PM
    Dang BIS upgrade! I didn't get a single e-mail today!! GRRR!!!
    10-03-09 02:35 PM
    There is also a new Zune phone that will be running Windows 7...

But it will not be on VZW...
    10-03-09 02:42 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD