so about a month and a half ago, i got the 8330, and recently i dropped it and it got a tiny scratch on it. i, being the overly anal person i am, was gonna bring it to the store and use my insurance to get me a brand new one, when i got to thinking how hard would it be for me to just switch from the curve to the storm?
    i was talking to some friends about it and someone mentioned that within 90 days of having the phone, you could take it back and switch as if you still got your new 2 yr contract, anyone know if thats true? i'm definitely happy with my curve and love it, but the storm is pretty sllek and i just wanted to explore my options, i dont mind paying more obviously (i still need to sell my at&t 8525 on ebay lol) so yea please let me know how possible this is... and im not trying to buy the phone for the regular price of 700 or whatever i want the 2 yr contract price cuz thats what i got when i got my curve
    10-27-08 01:50 AM
    the return period is 30 days to exchange/test out, but they might cut you a break if your bring it back. who knows, its worth a try, otherwise i believe ur SOL. unless you open up a 2nd account and pay the early termination fee
    10-27-08 02:19 AM
    I'm in my 30 day period right now and I run out of time before the Storm comes out. I already tried the LG Dare and switched it for the BB 8330. I am much happier with the BB and it looks like the Storm will operate similarly to the Dare. I will stick with my Curve 8330.
    10-27-08 02:24 AM
    I'm in my 30 day period right now and I run out of time before the Storm comes out. I already tried the LG Dare and switched it for the BB 8330. I am much happier with the BB and it looks like the Storm will operate similarly to the Dare. I will stick with my Curve 8330.
    what makes you think that the storm will operate like the dare aside from them both being touch screens?
    10-27-08 02:38 AM
    I actually did this in may. I got my pearl 8130 about three weeks before the Curve came out. And of course the day it came out I just had to have it. All I did was I just went into the store and asked for an exchange and had to pay a tiny balance. Good luck!
    10-27-08 03:23 AM
    Comparing a dare to a blackberry doesn't make much sense. They are 2 totally different devices. I mean the touch screens aren't even the same but to each his own I guess.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-08 07:03 AM
    You have a 30 day one time WFG exchange. That's it. After 30 days you probably won't be able to get much help, after 45 - 60 days? Might as well hang that idea up. Hate to be the bearer of bad news however it's how it works.
    10-27-08 07:46 AM
    damn, thanks for the help everyone, how about if i took it back got a new phone, then said i dont like this one either when the storm releases... would that work? i really want the storm now haha
    10-27-08 03:14 PM
    I actually work for vzw, and like most have said its a 30 day test drive....and you will not be able to get the replacement through insurance just because of the small scratch, you could add a line and get the storm when it comes out but of course that doesnt help with the money your out of on the curve, find out if you have a new every two credit, or as some have said you may be able to switch depending on who you speak with but its not guaranteed....and if you do the test drive again after getting a new phone you are subject to a restocking fee the second time around.....sell your curve once the storm comes out I guess
    10-27-08 03:33 PM
    How are you going to compare chocolate to sh*t?
    10-28-08 03:21 AM
    I actually work for vzw, and like most have said its a 30 day test drive....and you will not be able to get the replacement through insurance just because of the small scratch, you could add a line and get the storm when it comes out but of course that doesnt help with the money your out of on the curve, find out if you have a new every two credit, or as some have said you may be able to switch depending on who you speak with but its not guaranteed....and if you do the test drive again after getting a new phone you are subject to a restocking fee the second time around.....sell your curve once the storm comes out I guess
    Actually, if you want to get technical, I work for VZW also, and you are talking about the Worry Free Guarantee (WFG). If you're exchanging a device within 30 days. It's called the WFG. A Test Drive is actually trying out the service then porting out your number, then having VZW pay for the calls you made.

Also, you could get a replacement Curve via Asurion replacement. Asurion covers lost/stolen/damage. If you're that anal, then you could hang onto the phone, claim it as lost, then file insurance... then keep the "scratched" phone as spare parts.
    10-28-08 03:28 AM
    Actually, if you want to get technical, I work for VZW also, and you are talking about the Worry Free Guarantee (WFG). If you're exchanging a device within 30 days. It's called the WFG. A Test Drive is actually trying out the service then porting out your number, then having VZW pay for the calls you made.

Also, you could get a replacement Curve via Asurion replacement. Asurion covers lost/stolen/damage. If you're that anal, then you could hang onto the phone, claim it as lost, then file insurance... then keep the "scratched" phone as spare parts.

Do you recommend insurance fraud to all of your customers? Awesome.
    10-28-08 08:30 AM
    damn, thanks for the help everyone, how about if i took it back got a new phone, then said i dont like this one either when the storm releases... would that work? i really want the storm now haha
    That will work. I know a few people who did that in the past. Best thing is to call the 800 number. I have always got better help from them vs going in to the store
    10-28-08 01:16 PM
    Actually, if you want to get technical, I work for VZW also.
    Chill man, LOTS of people on this site work for VZW, the OP doesn't care what it's called, just make sure he understands the policy behind the 30 days. We don't want to send someone into a store or online with incorrect information.
    10-28-08 01:28 PM

well what I meant was the 30 day test drive,not the wfg but there is now a restocking fee for that, and from what I understand asurion wont cover the scratch....atleast thats what I was told
    10-28-08 03:55 PM

What would happen if you did that, and then like 5 months later you registered the "lost phone" back on your line?
    11-02-08 01:50 AM
    haha no offense but the dare isn't even close to the same level of the storm... without the storm even on the market yet you can completely tell that its way different your comparing apples to oranges a blackberry is a blackberry and a dare is not a blackberry..
    11-02-08 02:20 AM
    What would happen if you did that, and then like 5 months later you registered the "lost phone" back on your line?
    The 'lost' phone could never be activated again. The serial number would be placed on a deny list.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-08 03:22 AM
    If you don't mind paying the 50.00 deductible then file a lost/damage claim with Asurion. Theres no fraud in filing a claim on a scratched phone, just tell them you dropped it and it's damaged. Personally I would just get on the phone with tech support because your BlackBerry has a one year warranty for defects/malfunctions only. Tech. support has the final decision if a replacement device needs to be sent to you. I also know that none of the retail Verizon locations service or do warranty exchanges on BlackBerry devices. You have to call cust. service and get tech. support on the line so they can help troubleshoot your "technical" problem. In the case your problem can't be solved over the phone they will send you a new/refurb. BlackBerry overnight via FedEx. Now what kind of technical problem are you having with your BlackBerry that can't be fixed over the phone??? That's for you to decide. Enough said. I know this is fact.
    11-04-08 07:28 PM
    So all u zvw workers, r u direct or indirect agents?

I would be carefully if u use asurion, because you can only make 2 claims in a yr. so for a scratch I would just live with it. Buy Invisible Shield, they help your phone from getting scratched.

And for your Storm I would just tell your rep what you want to do, they will probably try to help you out until the come out. Good luck on getting your Storm.
    11-14-08 12:57 PM
    Should have waited instead of getting the Curve.
    11-14-08 02:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD