I just got our bill which is an outrageous amount of money, but thats besides the point. What caught my attention moreso than the outrageous cost on myVerizon was this line listed under:

Verizon Wireless Surcharges and Other Charges & Credits

Adj - Equip Chargeback 289.99

What does this mean.. the only thing I can think of is me getting my refurbed Tour months ago.. but I sent the other phone back to VZW in the little brown box like I always did with my Storm1's and never had any charges concurrent with this one. $290 for what exactly? I'd appreciate someone shedding some light on this issue for me, before I attempt to call CS and get the run around they often do on these sorts of things with any wireless company. I'm not blaming big red, **** for all I know the crap Tour i sent back, FedEx could've lost it.. I did my part, and I'd like to know exactly what I'm being charged for.

Thanks in advance.
    02-28-10 04:39 PM
    If you think it's the tour that you were charged for, call us up and ask for a non-return fee form to be submitted. That said, the chargeback you refer to almost seems like one of those chargebacks you get for not accepting the contract.

Either way, you're going to have to call in to check. More likely than not, there's something simple that can be done to reverse that charge.
    02-28-10 04:56 PM
    thats what it looks like I got charged 498 for the 1st one i sent and now the phones esn is on someone elses acct. meaning they got it referbed it and sent it out and are still charging me. good luck make them track the esn for possible use. fedex sucks to deal with as well. always make sure you get a register repcet on the grey return slip from fedex or they will tellyou to bad.
    02-28-10 04:56 PM
    Thanks I did call them and they said I never signed the contract agreement form, which I did.. as I did with my 3 refurb'd Storms.. apparently something got lost in translation, they're sending me another form and it'll be taken care of.
    02-28-10 05:00 PM
    Sounds like it was the first one that never got contracted.

Sometimes if the automated system doesn't allow you to accept the contract, a paper contract would be sent out, which you would then sign and return.

Either way, it's nothing that's unfixable.
    02-28-10 05:44 PM
    Or else the returned one was returned after the 10 days.
    03-03-10 07:08 AM
    Or perhaps the one sent back showed some kind of water damage, etc. Then they would charge you for the replacement.

Was it a warranty return?
    03-03-10 10:54 AM
    The $289.99 in question seems like it would be the full retail price for the tour minus the 2yr price.

Full Retail = $489.99
    Minus the $289.99

New total is $200. Which is the 2 yr price for the device.

It's simply a contract acceptance error.
    03-03-10 11:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD