Everybody...Please quit the back and forth chatter stuff and let's stick to the topic at hand.

This thread is becoming a full time job. I'm receiving complaints on it constantly from tons of members. People want to read through and get the facts and keep up to date on what's going on with the news surrounding the release of Sprint Curve, they don't want to have wade through personal rebuttals and debates about things not related to the release of the Sprint Curve.

If you want to go that route - start up a new thread in the Off Topic but please keep this thread on topic and value added. And even in the Off Topic - keep it clean and have respect for each other.

I hate having to make posts like this. The next post here better be about the Sprint Curve and not members or arguments or call outs of who's to blame, etc. etc. etc. Fresh Start. Play Nice.

Thank You for the cooperation!
    04-29-08 06:52 PM
    Allz I know is that as soon as I get the Curve I am going to beat the heck out of it. I will try to do whatever I can to get that thing to break. I just want make sure all the bugs are worked out before my 30 day is up.
    04-29-08 07:08 PM
    just talked to CS and they said May 7th. I wouldn't doubt if it came out tomorrow or in the week running up to May 7th.

I just quit working retail (Starbucks) and we always lied to customers about product that we had on hand but couldn't sell or promote for whatever reason. It's just easier to say, "No, we don't have that flavor," (in this case phone), than it is to deal with the headache of having to explain the situation to customers. Customers don't care about arbitrary release dates or internal memos, etc. So we just lied. All those Sprint store employees are lying to the people who are calling or dropping in, drooling over the 8330. Whether the release date is tomorrow or next week, those phones are already in the stores.

I just got the 8830 over the Pearl simply for the QWERTY. I just figured I'd miss my camera phone. But learning about the 8330 and that it's releasing soon (hopefully within my 30 day window) I'm pretty geeked.

Okay, be nice to me. I'm new here.
    04-29-08 07:16 PM
    Everybody...Please quit the back and forth chatter stuff and let's stick to the topic at hand.

This thread is becoming a full time job. I'm receiving complaints on it constantly from tons of members. People want to read through and get the facts and keep up to date on what's going on with the news surrounding the release of Sprint Curve, they don't want to have wade through personal rebuttals and debates about things not related to the release of the Sprint Curve.

If you want to go that route - start up a new thread in the Off Topic but please keep this thread on topic and value added. And even in the Off Topic - keep it clean and have respect for each other.

I hate having to make posts like this. The next post here better be about the Sprint Curve and not members or arguments or call outs of who's to blame, etc. etc. etc. Fresh Start. Play Nice.

Thank You for the cooperation!

My apologies for any negative contributions I have made and I will stay on topic as well as help others to stay on topic. I really, really enjoy this thread and dont want anything to happen to it.
    04-29-08 07:25 PM
    I know this doesnt mean anything but I took this picture at sprint store in NYC earlier today.
    04-29-08 07:26 PM
    just talked to CS and they said May 7th. I wouldn't doubt if it came out tomorrow or in the week running up to May 7th.

I just quit working retail (Starbucks) and we always lied to customers about product that we had on hand but couldn't sell or promote for whatever reason. It's just easier to say, "No, we don't have that flavor," (in this case phone), than it is to deal with the headache of having to explain the situation to customers. Customers don't care about arbitrary release dates or internal memos, etc. So we just lied. All those Sprint store employees are lying to the people who are calling or dropping in, drooling over the 8330. Whether the release date is tomorrow or next week, those phones are already in the stores.

I just got the 8830 over the Pearl simply for the QWERTY. I just figured I'd miss my camera phone. But learning about the 8330 and that it's releasing soon (hopefully within my 30 day window) I'm pretty geeked.

Okay, be nice to me. I'm new here.
    welcome!
    04-29-08 07:28 PM
    Somebody posted that a few weeks ago, but not sure if it had a price marked on it..... Good to see ad's
    04-29-08 07:28 PM
    Are your fingers still crossed? Mine are I'm hoping for the best but expecting the worse actually.
    Question for you (or to anyone)...do you know if the 8330 is the same size as the 9000 and...dare I ask, is the 9000 worth waiting for? Are the operating systems really that different?
    04-29-08 07:31 PM
    Somebody posted that a few weeks ago, but not sure if it had a price marked on it..... Good to see ad's
    I remember that post. but the price on that ad was 249
    04-29-08 07:39 PM
    so you can't carry a number over to a new plan? I always thought you could.
    I answered this thinking the OP of that question just wanted to do whatever they could to get the curve since they'd just gotten the Pearl in Nov. I guess they could cancel their current account and start again but I am not 100% sure if they can use the canceled number. Someone else with more knowledge will have to chime in on this one.
    04-29-08 07:42 PM
    I am giving my word... as soon as the curve is launched I will purchase and immediately post...telesales or store as well as city and state.

This is one of the reasons I continue to check, I am hoping someone will get a jump on it and pass on the good news. I think once the word hits the streets people could be facing back orders.

Its funny, I called my local store today to see if they received shipments and they said no. I gave my first name and they responded with my last name and number. I asked how they knew and he said they had me at the top of the Curve list to call as soon as it arrives for my pick-up. They had written my name down last week when I was in getting my Mogul fixed. I thought that was pretty cool. lol
    04-29-08 07:42 PM
    BREAKING NEWS!!!

A GUY ON ON SPRINTUSERS WENT TO SOME TYPE OF AN EVENT AND RECORDED THE SCURVE ON YOU TUBE. THE LINK IS BELOW. I HAVENT POSTED A LINK HERE SO YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH THIS BELOW:

04-29-08 07:50 PM

I'm about 3 minutes away from pricing a curve with another carrier. Even if I pay the termination fee on Sprint it will still be cheaper when all is said and done.

Anyone else feeling my pain?
    No. Actually, I call this drama. Ya'll act like for every new phone Sprint gets, there MUST be a release party. I cant believe all he postings in which so many of you have the nerve to feel slighted! For what? Because you want your next toy and was told you had to wait?

I mean really, if this is how you act over a phone, I'd hate to see what you'd do in a real crisis.
    04-29-08 07:55 PM
    BREAKING NEWS!!!

A GUY ON ON SPRINTUSERS WENT TO SOME TYPE OF AN EVENT AND RECORDED THE SCURVE ON YOU TUBE. THE LINK IS BELOW. I HAVENT POSTED A LINK HERE SO YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH THIS BELOW:

I dont think the guy in that video is as excited about the curve as we here on CB is. I wouldve made sure that video was crystal clear
    04-29-08 07:57 PM
    BREAKING NEWS!!!

Breaking News? Of what? He moved the phone around so much that you couldnt see any semblance of Sprint on it.
    04-29-08 07:57 PM
    I dont think the guy in that video is as excited about the curve as we here on CB is. I wouldve made sure that video was crystal clear

...or maybe he shouldnt have been recording it in the 1st place and was trying to be sneaky. He seems to be pretty excited on that forum. If you look at the angle of the camera I think he was trying not to show that he was recording lol, lol
    04-29-08 07:59 PM
    ...or maybe he shouldnt have been recording it in the 1st place and was trying to be sneaky. He seems to be pretty excited on that forum. If you look at the angle of the camera I think he was trying not to show that he was recording lol, lol
    oh mybad. i didnt know it was candid camera. lol sorry
    04-29-08 08:03 PM
    Breaking News? Of what? He moved the phone around so much that you couldnt see any semblance of Sprint on it.
    Look...I am trying to pass on information on my personal time (as are others in other forums who share the same interest), if you cannot respond kindly do not respond. Secondly, if you have done your homework you would realize this is a SCURVE.
    04-29-08 08:04 PM
    BREAKING NEWS!!!

Great find! I I think this was probably the same event that some images came up from last week.

I just held the SPRINT CURVE - SprintUsers.com
    04-29-08 08:07 PM
    BREAKING NEWS!!!

WOOHOO! Thanks

I don't care if its crystal clear or not!! It still shows a lot more of the Curve than we have seen to date. I'm going to go watch it again!
    04-29-08 08:11 PM
    Great find! I I think this was probably the same event that some images came up from last week.

I just held the SPRINT CURVE - SprintUsers.com

Thanks it was pretty cool for this person to keep people in the loop. Plus, it adds a bit of motivation. LOL...for a second I thought the 8330 was not going to come out and they would replace it with the 9000 lol, lol
    04-29-08 08:11 PM
    Actually if you listen you hear them talking about Slingbox as well. Which means that they preparing for that on the Berry too.
    Last edited by pmjohnson99; 04-29-08 at 08:17 PM.
    04-29-08 08:14 PM
    Actually if you listen you hear them talking about Slingbox as well. Which means that they preparing for that on the Berry too.

I didnt even notice that--good catch by you. When is that due out for bb and I presume it is automatically compatible with the 8330, right?
    04-29-08 08:21 PM
    I didnt even notice that--good catch by you. When is that due out for bb and I presume it is automatically compatible with the 8330, right?
    I know they just announced the Mobile version for Symbian and WM, but no hard date for BB, it is coming though.
    04-29-08 08:25 PM
    Look...I am trying to pass on information on my personal time (as are others in other forums who share the same interest), if you cannot respond kindly do not respond. Secondly, if you have done your homework you would realize this is a SCURVE.
    Share the same interest? So what- you think I'm here cause I'm bored? Do my homework? Blah blah blah....you done?

Homework cant get done on this thread- it started out confusing and has just gone downhill. Everybody wants the same thing- the SPRINT CURVE and NO ONE has been able to provide anything concrete- just one speculative post after another.

And where did you respond kindly? You think a smiley face makes what you have to say better? I speak whats on my mind as do others around here- I'm sorry you're not pleased!
    04-29-08 08:31 PM
1,377 ... 5253545556
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD