Remember my: http://forums.crackberry.com/f70/rum...inside-529394/

Well I got the call last night the Torch is now being pushed into Final Testing, my friend will have it the week of December 13th, I will play with it and report back....

It'll will be announced at CES (unless something goes horribly wrong) and look for a release in Feb...

The Surprise - Sprint will also be getting the next Storm device as well, that is not in Final Testing but is expected to be announced at CES by RIM...NO Word if it 3G or 4G.... Look for it around March I'm told.

Again I dont waste time with FUD on forums....believe me dont believe me but this is all I have...I will report back once I've played with the Torch.
    11-23-10 08:52 AM
    Just make sure you dont take any pictures... RIM has now made the BB logo on the front readable as the serial number.
    11-23-10 08:56 AM
    Naw he wont let me take pics anyway....Plus i would never betray him like that, he just got promoted and should'nt even be telling me this news.
    11-23-10 09:04 AM
    It isnt a matter of betrayal but RIM doesnt want leaks or anything.
    11-23-10 09:19 AM
    Just make sure you dont take any pictures... RIM has now made the BB logo on the front readable as the serial number.
    this sounds interesting, can you explain??
    11-23-10 09:21 AM
    :rubbinghandstogether:

Still holding my breath, but I'm hoping saving my upgrade would be worth it.

On a side note....still getting used to the new colors of the site. :dizzy:
    11-23-10 09:34 AM
    For what it's worth I hope this guy is right. I've liked the phone ever since it was released but I will not subject myself to AT&T's horrible network. If I can get a Torch on a reliable CDMA carrier it will be worth the wait. Time will tell if this guy is right. A little actual evidence would make the wait a little easier.
    Sonshyne likes this.
    11-23-10 10:00 AM
    For what it's worth I hope this guy is right. I've liked the phone ever since it was released but I will not subject myself to AT&T's horrible network. If I can get a Torch on a reliable CDMA carrier it will be worth the wait. Time will tell if this guy is right. A little actual evidence would make the wait a little easier.
    when is CES. usually most things get announced in January which is what I'm waiting for a new Android Toy..
    11-23-10 10:05 AM
    I seriously hope that this is true! If it comes out in Feb I am so getting it for myself for my birthday!!
    11-23-10 10:52 AM
    Lol, post a pic when you play with it bro

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-10 11:00 AM
    Well just cover up the logo? Problem solved.
    11-23-10 11:07 AM
    Fixed up the title, nothing is "confirmed" at this point, it's still a rumor.
    makaveli28 and Andy357 like this.
    11-23-10 11:18 AM
    Well if were being techincal then nothing is actually ever "confirmed" until Sprint announces it....But the 4G Sprint Torch is true.....I'll leave it at that...
    11-23-10 11:22 AM
    You know, i am very happy if this is all true, sprint is such an underrated provider i cannot believe it. Their service is solid and rates are really good. I tried the Epic 4g and was very impressed with the coverage.
    11-23-10 11:30 AM
    Can you also find out if either the Sprint Torch or Storm will be World Phone capable? I need that GSM functionality on the times when I do go outside the US.
    11-23-10 12:06 PM
    The Storm probably will since it has been included in previous Storms.....I will find out about the Torch.....I going to guess NO I dont think Sprint has figured out CDMA/GSM/WIMAX all in one phone yet...But if they did I guess the Torch will be the 1st device.
    11-23-10 01:20 PM
    This would be awesome! I bigger screen and physical keyboard on Sprint.
    11-23-10 01:50 PM
    I just spoke with a someone working at a Sprint store. He told me that he was told that Blackberry was making a 'big' announcement on Black Friday. He said that it will be Playbook-related, but that the Blackberrry reps were saying that it should include an announcement about a new phone for Sprint. They hinted that it would be the Torch and that it would be 4G. Minutes later, I found this thread. Could it be that we'll finally have some tangible news by Friday??? The saga continues...
    11-23-10 03:31 PM
    Why would you announce something on Black Friday, and not before? People will be buying stuff during the announcement. Notice how Samsung got their Galaxy Tab out, and Apple got the iOS 4.2 update out before Black Friday hit.
    11-23-10 04:00 PM
    It won't be the AT&T torch....it's a diff phone

11-23-10 04:06 PM
    Maybe the pic of the storm 3 will be the torch like phone for sprint....

11-23-10 04:07 PM
    He said that no new devices were arriving on Black Friday. He said that Blackberry is staging a 'huge' announcement for that day. He also said that he hopes that the announcement is not strictly Playbook-related. He was told that there would be something announced that he (as a Sprint sales rep) should be very excited about.

If, as Lenny stated, his friend will have the phone for testing by the 13th or so, it could hit the market before Christmas. If so, it's in their best interest to let people know there's an alternative coming and that they should hold onto their holliday money. I'm not sure I agree with this strategy, but if Black Friday is the earliest they can make such an announcement, then better to do so before everyone buys their iPads. It also will make some of the people who are ready to migrate to Verizon for the iPhone in January have something to think about.

If the announcement is simply Playbook-related, then I'm going to eBay to buy a non-contract 9650 and give these forums a rest while I play with the leaked OS 6 that I downloaded just in case.
    11-23-10 04:10 PM
    Can you also find out if either the Sprint Torch or Storm will be World Phone capable? I need that GSM functionality on the times when I do go outside the US.
    +1

I would also expect the Storm3 to have it but the Torch would be a complete waste without global roaming.
    11-23-10 11:19 PM
    true story Kobayashi. I'm kinda thinking that if it is a torch, to let everyone else get it first and then start their ******** about the problems and go from there.
    11-24-10 10:18 AM
    Hope this is all true, it'd be great to have a Sprint Torch 4G (Hopefully by then Sprint's version will be upgraded than AT &T's, like Sprints Curve 8330 was better than VZ's) But the big question for me is, will it be an xtra $10 data fee like HTC's EVO? or will it be still $69 450 BlackBerry Data Plan? and price near $99.00 (like At & t's Torch is now) for the phone itself?
    11-24-10 10:18 AM
328 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD