I plan to sign up for the unlimited international email plan for an upcoming trip to Europe. Obviously, I will have to enable data service on my BB to receive and send emails over there. So how can I avoid that people send me stuff via BB messenger while I am over there (since this counts as internet service and will therefore be charged as overseas roaming)? Is it enough if I simply set my BB messenger status to "unavailable"? Will this disable any BB messages from being sent to me?
    Thank you!
    06-05-09 01:39 PM
    You can set your BBM status as unavailable and then in the "message" field, write something like "out of the country, please don't message me or else I'll be charged!".
    Then your contacts will know.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-09 02:28 PM
    I plan to sign up for the unlimited international email plan for an upcoming trip to Europe. Obviously, I will have to enable data service on my BB to receive and send emails over there. So how can I avoid that people send me stuff via BB messenger while I am over there (since this counts as internet service and will therefore be charged as overseas roaming)? Is it enough if I simply set my BB messenger status to "unavailable"? Will this disable any BB messages from being sent to me?
    Thank you!
    I spent months overseas the past two summers and have never been charged for any international data usage. Here's a sample of my bill:

http://forums.crackberry.com/attachm...-mail-tmo3.jpg
    06-07-09 07:02 AM
    I spent months overseas the past two summers and have never been charged for any international data usage. Here's a sample of my bill:
    I hope you are not going this summer - you'll be in for a nasty surprise once you get your bill!! T-Mobile seem to have fixed whatever wasn't charging in the past and since the start of this year have started billing for all non-email use.
    06-25-09 02:46 PM
    I hope you are not going this summer - you'll be in for a nasty surprise once you get your bill!! T-Mobile seem to have fixed whatever wasn't charging in the past and since the start of this year have started billing for all non-email use.
    I'm planning on going back to Europe for a few weeks next month. If they send me a bill for roaming data charges, while AT&T offers limitless international data, they'll have lost me as a customer.
    07-08-09 04:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD