so i was wandering around a cell forum i used to look at, and found interesting info check it out and further down it says this comes from a coporate VP hmmmm, last time i talked to someone at t-mobile they said it will be out officially this summer

T-Mobile Forum (Phone Scoop)
    05-04-08 12:49 AM
    hmmmm, last time i talked to someone at t-mobile they said it will be out officially this summer
    Lots of mixed messages on this.

T-Mobile is a great carrier but their P.R. department could really stand to be beefed up.
    05-04-08 03:25 AM
    Just read something about this on Engadget this morning.
    05-05-08 10:36 AM
    Flippin post limitations ...here is the link

T-Mobile 3G goes live, with data (kind of) - Engadget

Talked to a T-mobile tech about something else, and she mentioned by end of year there will be at least 20 core markets available. I'm sure greater Oklahoma City metro area will be one of those (laughing)
    Last edited by Rickster; 05-05-08 at 11:16 AM.
    05-05-08 10:37 AM

T-Mobile 3G goes live, with data (kind of) - Engadget
    Good link. Thanks.
    05-05-08 08:34 PM
    Here's the lead in info from Engadget which firmly says data is a go!

T-Mobile 3G goes live, with data (kind of)
    by Nilay Patel, posted May 2nd 2008 at 8:34PM

T-Mobile's 3G network started going live today, and it looks like that early word from a company memo may not hold true for all users. Some markets may in fact have a silent soft-launch of faster data rates, we've heard from several tipsters who've said that they're already getting faster data service, and now the company itself getting the word out that it's launching data as well. But company peeps were indeed instructed to make sure customers don't count on that faster data being present; bottom line is you may have it, you may not (but if you take T-Mobile at its word, you should). NYC is the first market to light up, but others should come online soon -- anyone trying it out? How's it going? Hit us up in comments and let us know!
    05-05-08 08:37 PM
    Hey that looks strangely familiar . I also heard on another thread that the 3G will also just be for the voice side of things, so if you do have a phone that will do 3G, not sure it will be of much use yet? Probably just as well...if by some miracle 3G data did get to Oklahoma, my wife would flippin kill me for buying a new BB so soon after this one
    05-05-08 08:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD