currently i am at my house in Providence, RI
    and this problem has been bugging me since this morning.
    i have full bars on the signal.. a very strong 3G connection as well
    but everytime i try to access the browser or an app like CNN..
    this is what i get..

"There is insufficient network coverage to process your request. Please try again later"

i'm sure it's not the torch. i tried to connect through Wi-Fi and the speed was blazing fast and the page loading was instant.

anybody else having this? any suggestions? solutions?
    is AT&T adding another inconvenience to the consumer?
    08-23-10 12:08 PM
    I've been in Boston for the past 2 weeks w/ my Torch and have had zero network coverage. 3G is generally weak. Where it is strong, i'm still unable to use any data/internet unless I jump onto a wi-fi network... and even then the wi-fi signal drops and i have to re-connect.

tech support said i need to clear history/cache but it's ineffective in correcting the issue.

any thoughts would be great b/c i'm on the verge of just picking up my old bold and returning this fancy paper weight.

08-31-10 08:14 AM
    Replied on another thread-check your signal, mine has been bouncing from 3G to gsm all day...when its on gsm data is shut down until it bounces back to 3G or edge. All day today this has been happening.

idk whats going on but it needs to be fixed

eta:Im on LI on a 9700 w att, so its not your torch.
    08-31-10 01:55 PM
    Replied on another thread-check your signal, mine has been bouncing from 3G to gsm all day...when its on gsm data is shut down until it bounces back to 3G or edge. All day today this has been happening.

idk whats going on but it needs to be fixed

eta:Im on LI on a 9700 w att, so its not your torch.
    thanks for the info..
    it's definitely AT&T.
    09-02-10 02:24 PM
    I'm in Medford, and for the past month AT&T's service has been abysmal to say the very least. No one will acknowledge anything, and I've watched my signal die with the phone sitting on table. My phone will sit in GSM, not even going to EDGE, and even in 3G I still have to recycle the connections to get any form of data.
    09-02-10 05:22 PM
    I think it's a Blackberry issue w/ this model.

Blackberry's Article ID: KB24285 seems to suggest it's a Blackberry issue w/ this device. (I can't paste the link for some reason but it's come up if you Google.)

After about 2.5 weeks of no 3G data service I had to "wipe" my phone because of some "corrupted" software and re-install. That was annoying to say the least but the fix apparently is only temporary b/c a week after the wipe my 3G data service is down again... and I anticipate that I'll have to re-wipe my phone a 2nd time.

To make things worse, I've been complaining to ATT re this issue for about 3-4wks now and they have consistently represented that it's NOT an issue w/ the phone. The like above suggest otherwise and now it's too late to return this defectively (designed/manufactured) device.
    09-14-10 05:18 PM
    When the Torch launched, there was a major issue with RIM ignoring activation requests from the phones, meaning no BIS services, only WAP data service (MobileWeb/MEdiaNet).

This may be related... If you still have a BlackBerry Bold (either version), try your SIM card in it, and see if the problem still happens. If so, it's almost certainly not the phone. It will be the SIM card, the coverage in the areas you're using the phone (especially indoors, which is NOT guaranteed by ANY carrier), or a lower level network issue.
    09-15-10 01:25 PM
    currently i am at my house in Providence, RI
    and this problem has been bugging me since this morning.
    i have full bars on the signal.. a very strong 3G connection as well
    but everytime i try to access the browser or an app like CNN..
    this is what i get..

"There is insufficient network coverage to process your request. Please try again later"

i'm sure it's not the torch. i tried to connect through Wi-Fi and the speed was blazing fast and the page loading was instant.

anybody else having this? any suggestions? solutions?
    is AT&T adding another inconvenience to the consumer?
    I'm in SoCal and have been having the exact same issue all day.
    09-15-10 03:55 PM
    I think the acceptable explanation is that we're not really getting 3G although the phone says so, ATT is giving us EDGE instead

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-10 04:54 PM
    "Acceptable" for where you are, maybe. Here in CT (not far from you) my coverage
    has been stellar as it always has been.
    09-15-10 06:14 PM
    "Acceptable" for where you are, maybe. Here in CT (not far from you) my coverage
    has been stellar as it always has been.
    i think part of the problem is being in a College Town.
    we have Brown University, University of Rhode Island, Johnson and Whales University, Rhode Island Institute of Design etc etc..
    in short the traffic maybe more congested compared to where you are..
    09-15-10 07:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD