just wondering if i can get videos from sites like m.youtube.com to play in actual fll screen on my phone. the vids play soooo small. i'm new to this site so thanks to whoever feels like helpin....
    10-13-08 09:14 PM
    Youtube video plays fullscreen on my phone. Be sure to select fullscreen from the option menu.
    10-14-08 12:18 PM
    just wondering if i can get videos from sites like m.youtube.com to play in actual fll screen on my phone. the vids play soooo small. i'm new to this site so thanks to whoever feels like helpin....
    i have the same model you have and youtube does not fill the screen in media player. you can click on full screen and all that happens is the control buttons disappear. the image does not get any bigger.

this is a commom complaint and i read that it's a Youtube limit and not RIM.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/smal...-videos-44255/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/youtube-yousuck-67794/
    Last edited by chrisy520; 10-14-08 at 12:27 PM.
    10-14-08 12:23 PM
    Thanks for your help hopefully this will be fixed soon

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-08 04:28 PM
    Thanks for your help hopefully this will be fixed soon

welcome, and hopefully, yes.
    10-14-08 04:29 PM
    I too amd anxiously awaiting a fix. Anyone know of a third party youtube app or video player that will do a better job?
    10-15-08 04:08 PM
    I just got my blackberry last thursday and I have been on these forums everyday.
    I asked if you can play youtbue on blackberry but they said no, try bluapple, or videos4blackberry.
    But you guys are saying that it actually works?
    Im confused???
    Sum1 plz help
    10-20-08 10:35 AM
    I just got my blackberry last thursday and I have been on these forums everyday.
    I asked if you can play youtbue on blackberry but they said no, try bluapple, or videos4blackberry.
    But you guys are saying that it actually works?
    Im confused???
    Sum1 plz help
    What carrier do you have? Model Blackberry? OS?

10-20-08 05:32 PM
    I have sprint

10-20-08 09:03 PM
    Your blackberry may have the older OS. Only 4.5 enables you to play videos from Youtube, so they were kind of right. You would need to upgrade to 4.5 to get it to work.

10-21-08 05:55 AM
    I have the 4.3 OS on Alltel, Curve 8330, and YouTube video play on mine. They are very small and the quality is bad, but they work.
    10-24-08 09:36 AM
    I also have 4.3 on my verizon 8330 and it used to work, but today I tried to watch a video on you tube, and it said it was an unsupported video format. Any one else experience this?

10-24-08 01:23 PM
    NVM, I discovered that there are only some videos that work on the mobile site, and I was trying to watch one that wasn't on the mobile site.

10-24-08 01:29 PM
    4.3 on my Verizon curve shows youtube fine; but yes, the video is small; the quality is OK for what it is, I can still see what's going on just fine and the sound is fine. I plan on trying some of these other mobile video sites people have been mentioning though.
    10-24-08 01:34 PM
    so that hurt...i just tried playing a youtube video on my 8310 i have updated software and it played till i tried to check the fullscreen on it then my bkb rebooted itself

but what i saw the videos where a good size better then not being able to watch them!
    11-07-08 10:12 AM
    Do you need software for this?
    11-08-08 07:50 PM
    Hi, I just got the 8310, where can I find the software to watch youtube videos on it?
    11-11-08 08:31 PM
    Is there anyway you can watch videos on your phone as if it were a regular pc browser?
    I can see some videos but I guess its because I'm on there mobile website. Someone enlighten me.
    11-13-08 05:11 AM
    The size of the image of a YouTube video is fixed and unchangable by YouTube who do the conversion. This has nothig to do with the BlackBerry or its software.

Until YouTube decide to change the size of their supplied video feeds, there is absolutely nothing that you can do about this.

Talk to YouTube about this but, don't hold your breath for a change.
    11-13-08 05:26 AM
    As I said in my previous post, you need the 4.5 OS. That's what worked for me on my 8100 which had 4.2 to begin with. As soon as I upgraded to 4.5 I was able to watch videos on Youtube. 4.3 may work as someone has said, but I've never had 3 so 3 don't know. But if you have 4.2 you might as well upgrade to 4.5 instead of 4.3. There's no special software, just an OS upgrade which is free.

11-14-08 05:44 AM
    my 8830 wont play youtube videos. a prompt shows up saying "a problem occured while trying to render the page." anyone know how to fix this?!
    12-05-08 03:15 PM
    my 8830 wont play youtube videos. a prompt shows up saying "a problem occured while trying to render the page." anyone know how to fix this?!
    are you going to m.youtube.com?
    12-05-08 03:30 PM
    yup... still giving me the error
    12-05-08 03:35 PM
    you need to be accessing it through the blackberry browser.

browser
    options
    emulation mode: blackberry
    12-05-08 04:00 PM
    Is there anyway you can watch videos on your phone as if it were a regular pc browser?
    I can see some videos but I guess its because I'm on there mobile website. Someone enlighten me.
    Short answer: No

Reason: 99% of the videos watched in a browser on a pc are in flash format. It uses the flash player plugin installed on your computer to render the video and play it.

No flash player exists for phones/blackberry.

Youtube and some other sites work, because they convert their videos to a mobile friendly format.
    01-14-09 01:24 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD