Working in Entertainment and Media, sending pictures and Video is essential to me! So, while this tutorial may have already been posted somewhere on the web, I've yet to find it. A dear friend who is a Sprint employee shared this info with me & the following info became the deciding factor in my retention of my BB Curve (I REALLY didnt wanna go back to the HTC Touch Pro, Windows Media 6.1 is as ugly as Aunt Esther from Sanford and Son), ergo, I became inclined to pass it on to my extended BB family.

First, set up your email. The pictures/video you share with whomever will be entered as email, but will be rec'd as picture mail.

1) Confirm recipients wireless network.
    2) Compose an email to the 10 digit wireless number @ one of the following
    network picture servers. See examples below. DO NOT USE THE NUMBERS
    BELOW, ONLY THE ADDRESS. USE THE RECIPIENTS PHONE #.
    3) Attach file and send.

If you are on the Sprint network, after you send media, you may (or may not) receive and copy of the send mail as confirmation.

[email protected] (sprint)
    [email protected] (t-mobile)
    [email protected] (verizon)
    [email protected] (at&t)

This works for Pictures and Video. I've practiced on individuals in my contact list for 3 days now and not one had been missed. (NOTE: be sure you are not sending the email unter the default or desktop application, you MUST send from your email address)
    01-08-09 06:38 AM
    didnt work for i have tried over ten times
    01-11-09 11:58 PM
    Do u happen to have the info for Rogers as well? That would be helpful.
    Thank u dlloyd
    01-25-09 09:32 PM
    This works everytime that I have used it. It sends them out as if it was mms
    01-27-09 08:13 PM
    Ive tried it too.. NO LUCK!!
    01-30-09 05:25 PM
    I just tried it again and it says "ERROR WAP ENCODING ERROR"...
    01-30-09 05:25 PM
    I have a pearl 8130 will it work with mine?????
    01-31-09 09:44 AM
    great info. Thanks
    02-13-09 08:48 AM
    yea this is a no go
    02-24-09 01:32 PM
    didnt work for i have tried over ten times
    I love to record video and watch video on my BB. But it seems so difficult due to the video file size until my hero comes to help me. Let me introduce the super star

YouCast for Blackberry

With this app, you can send/receive video to/from your blackberry friends instantly without worrying about file size limit. The push activation application based on Wireless SMS or email. It supports parallel, scheduled, segmented upload and download with CRC checksum with efficient network bandwidth utilization.

To download, point your bb browser to m.youcast.net/blackberry.html
    Product demo at YouCast Demo Video
    10-19-09 03:13 PM
    Why cant they just make this crap simple. Never had a problem sending videos from other phones. ****, videos wont even play in WMP on my laptop. That is messed up
    04-19-10 10:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD