I'm trying to set up UMA on an O UK BB with a rogers SIM.

I dont have access to another rogers BB to extract the "ca.rogers.com" certificate. Can some one please post or email this to me.

Thx
    08-03-09 03:51 PM
    Does anyone have a link, or can send me the SEGW certificate "ca.rogers.com?
    08-05-09 05:08 PM
    How do I get the SEGW certificate "ca.rogers.com"? It's not in the list and I'm using the latest rogers software. BTW this is an unlocked AT&T.
    Thanks again for the info this morning! Once I adjusted the IPSec setting on my wireless router, everything worked 100%. While out today, I kept an eye on the network setting on BB screen, and it changed back and forth from Edge to UMA depending on connectivity to hotspots. Great info available on these forums!
    09-01-09 09:12 PM
    Does anyone have a link, or can send me the SEGW certificate "ca.rogers.com?
    I'm having problems finding this as well.
    09-04-09 11:19 AM
    Thanks for the content, this is a learning experience for all of us.

Thyth has also provided access to the Engineering Screen:

I have followed Thyth's instructions and can confirm they are correct.

I have a T-Mobile Curve that does not go UMA active when my enabled SIM is installed. I have created a new record from the information on my Rogers Pearl.

One last detail, the SEGW certificate for Rogers is not present. If I understand correctly, the certificates are available at Mobile.blackberry.com:

These are the T-Mobile specific files. My best guess was .../rogers_root.der, but that's a 404, not found error.

I can't seem to locate a source for those root. der and trustcert. der files. The links are no longer active.

Anyone happen to have a copy they could link or PM.

Thanks
    09-14-09 01:50 PM

I can't seem to locate a source for those root. der and trustcert. der files. The links are no longer active.

Anyone happen to have a copy they could link or PM.

Thanks
    Nevermind - I got the cert files.

Got them loaded and successfully went through the engineering steps.

The wi-fi preferred option is now present (and I selected it) but for some reason my device still isn't showing that it is utlizing UMA.
    09-14-09 03:31 PM
    Nevermind - I got the cert files.

Got them loaded and successfully went through the engineering steps.

The wi-fi preferred option is now present (and I selected it) but for some reason my device still isn't showing that it is utlizing UMA.
    Where did you get the files? Searching for them has come up empty for me
    09-14-09 08:56 PM
    does this mean if i unlock a tmobile 8520, and put a provisioned rogers sim, i will get UMA service in asia? rogers uma services are only available in Canada.
    09-14-09 10:57 PM
    I am also looking for rogers certs . I have same UMA issue using TMobile phone on Rogers .
    Anyone have a link, or can send me the SEGW certificate "ca.rogers.com?
    Thanks
    Last edited by notesman; 09-28-09 at 11:01 PM.
    09-28-09 12:49 AM
    Best thing I can suggest is to find someone with a Fido/Rogers UMA compatible phone. Then, all you need to do is locate the certificate and copy it (or email it to yourself) whichever is easier. It should be in DER format. If not just google "convert __ to DER"
    10-04-09 09:48 PM
    I have been using my Orange UK branded 8900 happily with UMA for the past few months.
    My wife recently got hers (from Orange Direct) but it is a generic unlocked handset (Orange rushed them out in other words!)
    Hers was not enabled for UMA but thanks to the first page in this thread I got it working in minutes by copying my info.

I'm sure more Orange UK users will need the details at some point:

Display Name: Factory provisioning
    UMA Protocol version: UMA v. 1.0.3
    Provisioning UNC address: unc.singlephone.orange.co.uk
    Provisioning UNC port: 14001
    Provisioning SEGW address: singlephone.orange.co.uk
    SEGW cert: Equifax Secure Cert (public key type RSA 1024)

Big thanks to Thyth!
    10-07-09 06:10 AM
    My wife recently got hers (from Orange Direct) but it is a generic unlocked handset (Orange rushed them out in other words!)
    Hers was not enabled for UMA...
    UPDATE:

Orange have now removed UMA from there 8900's as an attempt to push the newer, lower spec (and cheaper) 8520, so my Orange Dealer Manger has just informed me
    10-07-09 06:42 AM
    can this method be used to enable UMA on a rogers branded unlocked BOLD and if not how about on a rogers branded unlocked uma enabled 8220?

thx!

wouldn't mind having a UMA enabled phone for when i travel..!!

thx!
    10-15-09 11:57 AM
    Thanks again for the info this morning! Once I adjusted the IPSec setting on my wireless router, everything worked 100%. While out today, I kept an eye on the network setting on BB screen, and it changed back and forth from Edge to UMA depending on connectivity to hotspots. Great info available on these forums!
    Neubie2,

What changes on the router are you referring to? I am also having sporadic issues with UMA. Just changed to v1.0.3, but I want to discard possible issues with the router.

Thanks!
    11-06-09 06:51 PM
    can any one be so kind to direct me to the ca.rogers.com certificate?
    TIA
    11-21-09 07:15 PM
    Seems to be a lot of sophisticated users on this thread with indepth knowledge of UMA.... so has anyone figured out yet how to enable UMA on the new Bold 9700 on Rogers? The device supports UMA, but Roger apparently has it disabled, for some reason.

There are lots of Rogers customers that would love to upgrade to the 9700 (like me!) but don't want to lose UMA support that they already have on their current device.
    11-22-09 08:43 AM
    so can i enter the tmo stuff and be on ATT and have this work?
    11-22-09 12:26 PM
    Seems to be a lot of sophisticated users on this thread with indepth knowledge of UMA.... so has anyone figured out yet how to enable UMA on the new Bold 9700 on Rogers? The device supports UMA, but Roger apparently has it disabled, for some reason.

There are lots of Rogers customers that would love to upgrade to the 9700 (like me!) but don't want to lose UMA support that they already have on their current device.
    lol I just came back to this thread to ask exactly what you posted on Nov. 22nd.

Please, UMA experts out there, help us Rogers 9700 early adopters get UMA working. I came form a 9000 to a 9700 in hopes of finally using UMA since there are 3 or 4 locations at work (including my work desk) that has no cell reception but that does have Wifi, so it would be awesome to have UMA so I can receive important calls from those deadzones, and not just get the voicemail 20 minutes after I've left work for the day *sigh*.

Any help would be appreciated.
    11-26-09 05:08 PM
    yes i too would like to know as well if the 9700 and uma can work.
    12-01-09 03:19 AM
    Best thing I can suggest is to find someone with a Fido/Rogers UMA compatible phone. Then, all you need to do is locate the certificate and copy it (or email it to yourself) whichever is easier. It should be in DER format. If not just google "convert __ to DER"
    ok i have both how and where do i locate this cert and how do i back it up?
    12-02-09 07:36 AM
    also i have a 9700 on both rogers and att.

both have escreens enabled.

i will be using rogers 8900 to copy the certs. but i need help locating these.
    12-02-09 07:36 AM
    I have made the proper changed to a rogers branded 9700, however UMA does not work. The mobile network options to allow 'wifi preferred' does not appear. THe phone will have to be de-branded in order to use uma. Now it is my understanding that after the 8900, it is very difficult to debrand (if not impossible). SO coles notes: rogers branded 9700 is not capable of uma.
    12-02-09 05:23 PM
    what about att or tmo 9700's?
    12-02-09 11:15 PM
    I have an unlocked 8320 i setup uma settings correctly even tracked down the cert. (i included it in my post) but when i go to make a call i get "were sorry we were unable to complete your call at this time please try again later"
    I am at a loss, anyone know why this is occurring?
    12-05-09 12:22 AM
    I have a AT&T branded 9700 and also trying to use the UMA with a TMO sim, any help is appreciated.
    12-09-09 09:47 PM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD