Have a google search, there are hundreds/thousands of people who have noticed their little white wifi icon going grey today.

On this forum alone there's a good few people with problems. I've not found anyone outside the UK yet but people on o2, orange and virgin are suffering (that I've seen) so its not network specific.

Oddly enough I can connect to BIS through GPRS though...

Discuss people

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-11 07:42 PM
    I have been having issues. Ppl say they have been calling me and I haven't gotten their calls.
    06-07-11 08:37 PM
    I did notice on 2 different BB's tonight that they wouldn't work over wifi. A torch on ATT and a Bold 9650 on US Cellular. Both worked over 3g, but neither on wifi.
    06-07-11 08:52 PM
    All is well and good up here with both network and WIFI BIS Telus Mobility 9800/9780, - Waterloo Ontario (no joke).

Max

06-07-11 08:55 PM
    Best post I've read about this is over on the official support forums and reads...
    Thought I'd give O2 another call today - spoke to someone who said he hadn't heard of the problem, but he spoke to second line and they confirmed that it was a known issue, that many, many people have phoned in about it, but that probably many more are affected without knowing or noticing (since the handsets still connect to the wifi just don't route any internet data over it, so the wifi name still shows up). They have contacted RIM and will continue to do. Apparently RIM have assured O2 and the other UK carriers that this fault will be addressed as "the highest priority". That I guess is the good news. On the down side, there is no ETA on a fix, and no explanation yet forthcoming as to the cause of the problem. Not even a statement on O2's website, or RIM's website or their respective twitter accounts. Nothing. That's poor, I think.
    ... So at least we know RIM are aware there's a problem.
    06-08-11 11:40 AM
    im actually going to cry
    06-08-11 11:53 AM
    im actually going to cry
    Hahaha. It's just a waiting game now mate. I reckon it'll be back up tomorrow at some point.
    06-08-11 12:04 PM
    Hahaha. It's just a waiting game now mate. I reckon it'll be back up tomorrow at some point.
    Nice one Mr Cool. I've been on this case and it would appear to be at least 48 hours. We will see.
    06-09-11 05:37 PM
    Hmm, now my web doesn't work on wifi or on 3g...bbm works fine on 3g, sms and email all coming in but no web. Battery pull didn't do anythign either.
    06-10-11 11:25 AM
    BIS over Wifi in Toronto Canada on TELUS is not working at all. I talked to a tech support rep who claimed that BIS is not supposed to work over wifi at all (sending/receiving e-mail), but rather the data, but data is being used regardless. What the heck is going on? This happened at 4pm today and when connected to my router, it's saying that I am at a hotspot and need to login, so I go about it by selecting OK and it says i'm connected to the internet. Bleh bleh, it never does. The BIS icon never jumps to wifi. (OS6 by the way). I don't think people want to pay $49 to have RIM fix it. But if I have to, I will.

06-10-11 07:06 PM
    Mine and two others started doing the same thing hotspot login message today. Weird thing is, so did my PlayBook :S
    06-11-11 12:59 AM
    I used BIS over Wi-Fi yesterday afternoon with no issues. I am in Cleveland, OH on AT&T.
    06-11-11 01:45 AM
    Mine started working about 20 minutes ago

Stillll i want compensation for inconvenience caused yo

Dang otter ur hot <3
    06-11-11 02:36 AM
    Its gone off again
    06-11-11 03:10 AM
    its working again
    06-11-11 06:33 AM
    What worked for me is on page 3 of the forum thread titled "Wi-fi Hotspot Setup prompt problem". I'd post a link, but I'm new and it won't let me.
    06-12-11 08:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD