After my original post

Thanks you.

Here are the written instructions:
    1 - Backup your BB
    2 - Open up Finder and go to
    Library>Application Support>BlackberryDesktop>Device Applications
    There will be two folders, go to the folder that has a combination of numbers and letters. The other folder is your device apps.
    3 - Open up the Java/Hybrid file folder in another finder window.
    4 - Copy all the COD files from the Java/Hybrid folder and paste them into the folder that is labeled with numbers and letters that you opened up in the first Finder window. Make sure you "Replace All" when you paste.
    5 - Open up Mac DM and click on "Applications" in the top right hand corner.
    6 - Another window will open up, click on "Check for Updates"
    7 - Window will then minimize. Click on "Show Other Versions"
    8 - I always click reload current OS This will start uploading the OS files that you pasted in the folder with numbers and letters as well as your Device apps.
    9 - This takes around 35 minutes at least.

*****WITH A BETA INSTALL YOU WOULD WANT TO COPY THE RADIO FILE INTO THE FOLDER AS WELL, ITS REALLY YOUR PREFERENCE TO DO THIS ON A HYBRID OR NOT, ALOT OF THE STORM HYBRIDS USE DIFFERENT RADIO FILES.
    Last edited by MOESTEPP; 10-10-09 at 02:38 PM.
    10-10-09 02:31 PM
    Thanks for the post. I'm trying to do the upgrade on my Bold to .238 but I can't find a .rar file. I have the .exe file only but I guess I can't extract the right files from it. Am I out of luck without a .rar version of the beta?
    10-10-09 04:04 PM
    Maybe a friend with a PC can copy the folder to a thumb drive? I have a space Dell Laptop
    10-10-09 11:51 PM
    I installed successfully 405 altho it was a bit hairy and uncertain at times. When I went to show other versions the original 330 appeared but 405 installed.

I just tried again with 415 and bricked badly. Parallels, which doesnt work anyway, would not do it. and MAC DM would not recognize a 507 device.
    After a number of cigs and trying various things out of the blue mac dm asked if I wanted to reinstall 330. Not sure from where but it did.

Since I came this far I decided to try to upgrade again. I re-installed all the java files fresh. But again when I went to "show other versions" only 330 appeared. But this time I am doing it without sim card in. BUT it still said downloading x number of files??? from where??? perhaps it is the language it uses even though the files are local??

At any rate WHY am I not seeing the proper OS version number when I go to "show other versions?" is there a file containing this info that is not in the java folder and needs to be moved?

Any thoughts would be helpful. I'd like to KNOW which version I'm installing.

Especially with them coming at us so fast. It reinstalled 330 again. CRAP.

Um, HELP!
    12-09-09 12:10 PM
    Now I just have the flashing red light. UGH
    12-09-09 12:59 PM
    Just tried this,... and it didn't work. I still have my old OS on my 8330. Any help would be great. Thanks
    12-26-09 01:40 AM
    i,
    Just tried installing hybrid OS 5.0.0.238,... and it didn't work. I still have my old OS on my 8330. I'm using Mac Black Berry desktop 1.0.2. Any help would be great.
    Thanks,
    Lindsay
    AppleFanX2 at yahoo dot com
    12-26-09 01:50 AM
    Just tried this with my 8900 and i got a 507
    01-08-10 09:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD