Does anyone have a Verizon Blackberry with the MMS Service Book?
    If so could you please back it up via legacy Mode (I believe it’s called) and Post it on here?

I am sure i am not the only one trying to get MMS to work on a 8830, I will see if i find a friend with the MMS Service Book and Post it ASAP, till then anyone out there feel free to e-mail it to me, I’ll do the dirty work if removing your e-mail address if its in there

Thanks in Advance

NOTE:
    I already looked at
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f70/mms...02/index2.html
    03-13-09 10:40 PM
    INSTRUCTIONS AS POSTED BY: aerophage
    MINOR EDIT BY ME

Backing Up Service Book With MMS (Correct me if i am Wrong Guys)

1. Attach your berry to your computer and start DM

2. Start Device Manager, GO into Backup and Restore, Click Advance

3. On your berry, go to Options - Advanced - Service Book. Hold ALT and type S B E B. A window will pop up that says Legacy SB Restore Enabled. Hit OK.

4. On DM now Scroll down to Service Books and Back it up

5. Click File Save As and Upload here or e-mail me

Installing Service Book (Thanks aerophage)

1. Download the attached .zip file and unzip to the directory of your choice.

2. Attach your berry to your computer and start DM

3. In DM, go to Backup and Restore. Click Advanced.

4. Above the left pane, click File, then Open. In the dialog box that follows, find the file you unzipped called 8830MMS.ipd. Select this file.

5. On your berry, go to Options - Advanced - Service Book. Hold ALT and type S B E B. A window will pop up that says Legacy SB Restore Enabled. Hit OK.

6. Back in DM, under Computer Databases (the left pane), click on Service Book. This will enable the button in the middle of the two panes with the arrow pointing right. Click this button. When the window pops up asking you if you want to proceed, click Yes.

7. After the transfer is complete, disconnect your berry. On your berry, go to Options - Advanced - Host Routing Table, hit Menu, and select Register Now.

8. After you get the registration message, log into your BIS account at BlackBerry Internet Service and resend your service books to your phone. Don't worry, this will not overwrite the MMS service books now on your phone!
    Last edited by pimpindexter; 03-13-09 at 10:47 PM.
    03-13-09 10:40 PM
    What is the bis account? How do I get to that bad boy? Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-14-09 10:01 AM
    Was there suppose to be a zip file so that folks could download the necessary mms module for later loading? Or is this just the instructions to get someone to package it up the proper way?
    03-14-09 10:42 AM
    BIS - BlackBerry Internet Service = email service provided by the respective carrier; T-Mobile, AT&T, Verizon, Rogers, etc, etc...

BES - BlackBerry Enterprise Server = email service provided by a server ran by a company. For example by your employer...
    03-14-09 10:43 AM
    I've tried this with VZW and you will get an MMS option, but when you send on it will never arrive.

03-14-09 11:31 AM
    Did you get a Verizon Wireless Service Book From someone who has Verizon With MMS??

I am going to try it with a friend that has MMS on a Curve, If i get it working Ill Post the Servicebook with MMS
    03-14-09 11:48 AM
    That would be awesome. So do you just go to email settings to get to the bis?

03-14-09 11:58 AM
    Anyone know how to backup the service books on a BB storm ? Step 3 below doesn't work.

3. On your berry, go to Options - Advanced - Service Book. Hold ALT and type S B E B. A window will pop up that says Legacy SB Restore Enabled. Hit OK.

Thanks.
    03-16-09 02:07 PM
    Did you get a Verizon Wireless Service Book From someone who has Verizon With MMS??

I am going to try it with a friend that has MMS on a Curve, If i get it working Ill Post the Servicebook with MMS
    So what was the outcome of this possibly ever happening?
    05-16-09 09:24 PM
    If you upgrade to the Bell 4.5 OS it includes MMS.

05-18-09 08:51 AM
    I see. But was stated in another thread that it still doesnt work?
    05-18-09 01:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD