Just thought I would share my experience.

My boss bought a Blueant Z9 and I bought a Jawbone, we had not talked. He offerred to let me try his Z9 out.

I drive a Mazda Miata (little 2 door sports car), so there is alot of road noice, I was looking for good noice cancellation and good incoming volume.

What I did was try each one out in my car, while driving, with the windows up and windows down, while talking to my offce voice mail. And then when I got back I listened to the results.

Jawbone: Noice Cancellation is awesome, jsut totally unbelievable. With the windows down crystal clear, no road or wind noise. I would not have belived this was possible. But now the down side, the person i would be talking to would be able to hear me crystal clear, but I found the Jawbone did not have enough incoming volume to allow me to hear with the car and wind noise. I was using a Jabra gelbud, trying to channel the sound better.

Blueant Z9: Noise cancellation was no where near what the Jawbone was. It was good with the windows up, it did take care of the road noise. But when i put the windows down, it would not totally cancel out the noise. But the big plus with the Z9 is, its incoming volume, much better volume and clarity than the Jawbone.

Conclusion: I returned the Jawbone and have ordered a Z9. If I am in the car, I dont need to be talking with the windows down, and it is important that I can hear the party that is calling me. I will sacrifise some of the noise cancellation for the superior incoming sound of the Z9.
    04-18-08 11:56 AM
    Concur. I have also tried both head sets and settled on the Z9.
    04-18-08 12:15 PM
    I always wonder about how the Z9 stacked up against the Jawbone, now I know the "rest of the story" :-)
    Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-08 12:55 PM
    yeah i bought the z9 because it was the highest rated one that DIDNT LOOK LIKE A PIECE OF MODERN ART...

its not that i dont like the jawbone but its sooo big...i think the z9 is awesome and its easily half the size...

-db
    04-18-08 01:05 PM
    Well, I had the Jawbone. Everything works find until you accidently lose connection with your jawbone. Also, you will have to really adjust everytime you wear it - especially with the metal ear loop(hook). One of the Mods had mentioned another BT headset called the INVISIO Q7 . I've gone thru about 12 different headsets in the last three years. Right now, I'm using a MOTOPURE H12 thats not bad at all. I just know that I need a backup headset that fits well in my ear and doesn't move around while in a stationary position and not real heavy.
    04-18-08 01:47 PM
    I love my Z9. Even recommended it to my boss and he also loves it.
    04-18-08 01:52 PM
    I love my Z9. Even recommended it to my boss and he also loves it.
    I'll check it out Everyone seems to like it with no real complaints.
    04-18-08 02:01 PM
    one of the things i really like B.L. is that i set it up with my pearl ONCE...

ONCE!

and now if i want to use it all i do is turn it on and it syncs EVERY TIME...

boom.

-db
    04-18-08 02:03 PM
    The most life like test I did with my Z9 the first time I got it was take it to the airport, anyone that has ever flown though Atlanta knows how busy that place can be on a weekday. Called my wife and the first thing she asked was if I was calling from the plane, she could not hear any of the people in the background. The second quesiton was, why I was out of breath, I told her only 10 minutes between flights.

Thank you Blue Ant for making a superior product, I have been a cusotmer of Jawbone, Jabra, LG and Plantronics headsets, you put all the others to shame.

Kurt
    06-06-09 11:43 PM
    z9i all the way!
    06-07-09 04:01 AM
    When testing the Blueant did you use the normal noise cancelleation mode or did you turn on the extra noise cancellation?
    06-07-09 09:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD