when I try to "Configure synch" in DM 4.3 to configure synch settings for desktop organizer program, i always get this:

Intellisync
    Unkown error report
    (OK)

Can this be fixed?
    08-13-08 12:32 AM
    Correction -- this error comes when I try to "Synchronize organizer data" from the Synchronize now tab.

Obviously, this is a pretty important feature I need to fix!
    08-13-08 12:39 AM
    I don't know if you have fixed your problem yet or not, but I thought I'd post a solution for those who need it:

intellisync unknown error reported
    I was able to sync my BB with other computers but was never able to sync it up to the one with my Outlook profile.

I looked at the path: C:\Documents and Settings\[USER NAME]\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\

There I found two folders, Intellisync, and Loader History. I renamed them both with ~ at the front. I then had to relaunch the Desktop Manager and reconfigure my sync settings. After that it worked fine.

You got it right - renamed the two folders (Vista users: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry) with the ~ on the end... reconnected the BB and it set it up like new again.
    09-22-08 06:39 PM
    You can actually delete those two folders without loosing anything but the sync config. This is the number 1 response you get from RIM to fix most sync errors.
    09-23-08 10:41 AM
    Still occurring (9530 Storm w/ .109), still very valid and helpful posts.
    03-04-09 11:05 PM
    Still occurring (9530 Storm w/ .109), still very valid and helpful posts.
    What version of the device manager are you using?
    03-05-09 10:20 AM
    I don't know if you have fixed your problem yet or not, but I thought I'd post a solution for those who need it:

I was able to sync my BB with other computers but was never able to sync it up to the one with my Outlook profile.

I looked at the path: C:\Documents and Settings\[USER NAME]\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\

There I found two folders, Intellisync, and Loader History. I renamed them both with ~ at the front. I then had to relaunch the Desktop Manager and reconfigure my sync settings. After that it worked fine.

You got it right - renamed the two folders (Vista users: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry) with the ~ on the end... reconnected the BB and it set it up like new again.
    works awesome, I have tried everything else...
    04-16-09 03:58 PM
    Good job, atomicpunk67. That worked beautifully.
    07-28-09 12:24 PM
    Stephstear,
    You totally got it right and included the VISTA requirements which was greatly needed! Thanks for the post!
    12-30-09 07:33 AM
    Everyone - thanks for this posting. I was getting very frustrated trying to solve this and found a lot of suggestions that did not work at all. Renaming or deleting the Loader History and Intellisync folders was the only solution that worked.

THANKS!!
    01-23-10 03:52 PM
    Thank you SO SO much for such fabulous help!! Renaming those folders was the fix!! Now I can finally sync my BB and get rid of the other phone!! Thank you again!!!
    03-26-10 07:08 PM
    Thanks for this post. Had issue with my bb and restored it. Ever since it would not sync and kept giving error. I renamed the folders with ~ in front of them and then tried and everything worked.

Odd that there are all of these quirks with the Desktop Manager.

But regardless THANK YOU for the solution!
    04-06-10 08:39 AM

For me, the renaming of the folder(s) trick didn't resolve the issue -- at first. I had to follow these steps beforehand (btw, this is all taken from BlackBerry.com Support KB 13801.
    blackberry.com/btsc/dynamickc.do?externalId=KB13801&sliceId=SAL_Public &command=show&forward=nonthreadedKC&kcId=KB1380 1

For Vista instructions, follow the KB 13801 link above.

Repair the BlackBerry Desktop Manager installation by completing the following steps:

1. On the computer, go to Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs.
    2. Click BlackBerry Desktop Software and click Change/Remove.
    3. Click Repair.

After rebooting the PC then reset the DTM v5.0 sync configuration by:

1. Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    2. Click Synchronize.
    3. Click the Synchronization as it appears below the Configure heading on the left hand side.
    4. Click Reset Configuration.

Then, rename the folder(s) as instructed above by stephstear.

Plug in your BB and the error message will hopefully have disappeared. You'll obviously need to reconfigure your Sync settings on DTM to your liking.

Worked for me -- thought I'd share.
    05-20-10 12:27 AM

THANK YOU! I have been a Palm user for years and tried to figure this issue out with the knowledge that I have collected over those years .... even with different OS the phones still work similar ... anyway ... thank you so much for posting these issues ... once I figured out that the folders were hidden on Vista ... I finally got it all working again!
    06-26-10 12:34 PM

For me, the renaming of the folder(s) trick didn't resolve the issue -- at first. I had to follow these steps beforehand (btw, this is all taken from BlackBerry.com Support KB 13801.
    blackberry.com/btsc/dynamickc.do?externalId=KB13801&sliceId=SAL_Public &command=show&forward=nonthreadedKC&kcId=KB1380 1

For Vista instructions, follow the KB 13801 link above.

Repair the BlackBerry Desktop Manager installation by completing the following steps:

1. On the computer, go to Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs.
    2. Click BlackBerry Desktop Software and click Change/Remove.
    3. Click Repair.

After rebooting the PC then reset the DTM v5.0 sync configuration by:

1. Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    2. Click Synchronize.
    3. Click the Synchronization as it appears below the Configure heading on the left hand side.
    4. Click Reset Configuration.

Then, rename the folder(s) as instructed above by stephstear.

Plug in your BB and the error message will hopefully have disappeared. You'll obviously need to reconfigure your Sync settings on DTM to your liking.

Worked for me -- thought I'd share.

Thanks!!!!! I was starting to get frustrated. Deleting just the folders didn't work for me either. I had to repair DM, reboot PC, then delete folders.
    This is the first time it was ever given me problems.
    Thanks for the tip!!!!
    07-18-10 05:11 AM
    Any help for someone running windows 7 and desktop manager 6? None of the previous info seems to apply for me. Please help!!!
    08-22-10 10:15 PM
    Thanks, very helpful!
    08-25-10 08:10 AM
    I was having a hard time finding the folders to rename/remove, but then i realized that they were hidden. Oops. All set now. This was very frustrating though. I want to make the move to Android. It seems it all works better. I am having a hard time coming up with reasons to stay with BB, they seem behind the times...always.
    08-30-10 10:39 PM
    This info has been a great help to me. Many thanks!
    09-12-10 09:22 AM
    A big thank you to all the advice given here, it was driving me mad!
    Have added the '~' to the two folder names as advised, reconfigured Sync and all is working fine now... THANKS!!!
    09-16-10 06:22 PM
    I had the Intelisync "Unknown Error" message, followed your instructions to rename the two folders, and it worked like a charm. THANK YOU!
    10-13-10 10:19 AM

u are darling
    i have been struggling with this problem for two. i became disillusioned and almost resorted to copying my over 1000 contacts one by one because i have tried many other suggestions
    BUT THIS ONE WORKED LIKE MAGIC. THANKS AND MAY GOD BLESS U
    12-26-10 11:00 PM
    I was having a hard time finding the folders to rename/remove, but then i realized that they were hidden. Oops. All set now. This was very frustrating though. I want to make the move to Android. It seems it all works better. I am having a hard time coming up with reasons to stay with BB, they seem behind the times...always.
    WHERE!!!!! What the heck?! Why would you do that?!!!

Sorry, I'm so stressed out. I've been trying to solve this for 3 days and I'm going crazy, I finally find a "cure" and the file location does not work with Windows 7.

Someone please help!!
    05-25-11 05:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD