First off, hi everyone.

OK, here's my quagmire. I've got an 8830 and have been able to sync it up to my Outlook and use App Loader via USB cable and Desktop Manager with no trouble, now it will not work. I connect up and verify my settings are USB cable and no matter what it just says not connected. Here's more info and what I've done:

1. Uninstall and reinstall Desktop Manager (v4.3)
    2. Verified all settings on phone and pulled battery, retry no luck.
    3. Tried another 8830 and it works fine.

I'm starting to think my device is jacked but thought I'd see if anyone here has any other ideas for me. I bought the phone from a co-worker who I believe got it directly from Verizon but I can't be 100%, if my phone is toast do you know if I have any recourse on getting this replaced since I'm not the original purchaser?

One last thing, not sure how important it is but I'm BIS. We have a BES server but didn't see the need for the additional $20 a month for BES when I can sync via USB. So....there's my dilemma, can anyone help??

Thanks in advance for your assistance, I love this forum!!!
    01-22-08 11:07 AM
    You'll have to navigate to your Local Settings file on your PC and dig through until you find a Research In Motion folder. Under that there should be a Blackberry directory and then Intellisync. Delete the Intellisync directory. Then go back into Desktop Manager and resetup your sync to the BB.

The files are in your user directory under AppData and Roaming if you're in Vista.

BTW, you'll have to set Explorer to view Hidden Files to find these directories.
    01-22-08 11:14 AM
    Thanks for the quick response. Unfortunately no luck. I found the directories you're talking about and deleted the Intellisync folder no prob. As soon as I hook up my BB though I start getting alerts on my task manager that Windows cannot connect to the USB device, try blah blah blah.....or your device has malfunctioned.

I thought maybe this was a USB driver thing but that theory was shot as soon as this other 8830 worked. Arg.
    Edit: I've also got another computer here and I get the same thing on both systems....same version of Desktop Mgr but one system is Vista, one XP. Just for more info. Thanks.

Any other suggestions?
    Last edited by [email protected]; 01-22-08 at 12:05 PM.
    01-22-08 12:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD