We've been receiving tips on the existence of this new model. Any other members out there that can confirm or deny these rumors?
    Cynycl likes this.
    04-22-07 03:48 PM
    You know how it is, people talk about all the latest models. But, until I see some photos, and 'true' specs on it, I will believe nothing!
    04-22-07 04:04 PM
    Well, I did post this thread about a week ago....

http://forums.crackberry.com/f59/bla...00-exists-669/
    04-22-07 05:17 PM
    Maybe I'm getting paranoid. But I'm starting to wonder if RIM will be able to maintain Quality Control on all these new models.

Yes, it's exciting that BlackBerry users will have so many choices but I can't help but wonder if in the long wrong the stability and reliability that RIM is known for will still be there.

Does anyone else have similar concerns?

CarBob
    04-22-07 06:53 PM
    I do too, but to be honest I don't think it's RIM we have to worry about. I think it's the carriers once their 'specific' O.S's are launched and installed on the devices...
    04-22-07 07:24 PM
    Normally I would be concerned however, I agree with Navilyn and I think BB still has great room to grow in the marketplace - we'll see what happens with Palm - so I think and am hoping we will see solid units coming from RIM - I certainly hope so
    04-22-07 11:45 PM
    I work for a tmobile authorised dealer that is spread through out the nation, and i have on good terms that the 9900 should be out with in a month or two and that it might also have touch screen as a new feature. Srry but no pics
    01-26-08 01:54 PM
    I have no concerns over the quality control, as prev stated by others, the issue lies in the hands of the carriers and what types of "bloatware" and limitations they place on the OS its self, att loads their OS with tons of stuff and VZW well...we all know what VZW does, the 8830 on VZW are the most hated devices by RIM technical support, I hear this daily from friends within RIM, but as for the 9900 "rumours" nothing to be heard on that front, besides no one at this point can even decipher the whole 9XXX,89XX issue not to mention the whole 4.3 rebranded to 4.5...too manu rumors...too many sources..not enough hard proven facts on ANY of it at this point.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-08 02:16 PM
    I am with Bla1ze and Navi, to many rumors and conflicting information out there. Begining to think RIM is having fun with us. The rebranding of the OS is the wackiest thing yet!

01-26-08 05:08 PM
    With new devices in the future, all of them will have problems guaranteed but one thing that will always work flawlessly is what BlackBerry's are made to do and that is push e-mail. That is RIM's basis for all devices. Am I worried that devices will come out with bugs and glitches? No, as long as the e-mail part of the device works, I'm ok and I will let RIM fix bugs/glitches with updates.
    01-27-08 03:01 AM
    Usually when new models come out, it's not really a bad idea to stay away for about 6 months. Look at what happened with the iphone. I'm just saying to wait until all of the bugs are worked out. I know it will be hard to do but I don't see it as a bad idea.

01-30-08 10:53 AM
    I agree with waiting. I know a few that wished they had waited on purchasing the iphone. Based on supply and demand, there will always be a few berries with issues.

01-30-08 10:39 PM
    With their credibility completely shot with the "BOLD" disaster, why,on earth, would there be ANY excitement over another NEW Blackberry?
    10-02-08 07:47 AM
    Read the first posted date 04-22-2007, 03:48 PM.

This is REALLY OLD!!!
    10-02-08 08:35 AM
    Read the first posted date 04-22-2007, 03:48 PM.

This is REALLY OLD!!!
    Which makes this comment made on 01-26-2008, 01:54 PM all the better

I work for a tmobile authorised dealer that is spread through out the nation, and i have on good terms that the 9900 should be out with in a month or two and that it might also have touch screen as a new feature. Srry but no pics
    10-02-08 01:19 PM
    I was told by a T-Mobile customer service agent today that if your looking for the new 9900 Curve to look at the T-Mobile site on January 19th 2009
    12-03-08 06:57 PM
    If it is a new BB coming out I should have waited. Cause I've had so many problems with my Storm.
    12-03-08 07:00 PM
    I was told by a T-Mobile customer service agent today that if your looking for the new 9900 Curve to look at the T-Mobile site on January 19th 2009
    The new Curve is actually called 8900 and not 9900
    12-03-08 07:07 PM
    I have heard from reliable sources that it will be a touchscreen BlackBerry Storm but with a fold out or slide out keyboard. I also heard it will be exclusive to T-Mobile! My source has seen it hands on!
    03-25-09 04:05 PM
    I have heard from reliable sources that it will be a touchscreen BlackBerry Storm but with a fold out or slide out keyboard. I also heard it will be exclusive to T-Mobile! My source has seen it hands on!
    Let's see some pics then.
    03-25-09 04:10 PM
    Let's see some pics then.
    I say WORD that!!! Show me the PICS!
    03-25-09 04:21 PM
    What's a Blackberry?

/sarcasm

Srsly though, who are the reliable sources? You know the law of the internet, pics or it didn't happen.
    03-25-09 04:26 PM
    The Blackberry Magnum 9900, a Touchscreen device with a full qwerty keyboard, will be introduced at the WES 2009. I highly doubt that it will be released to T-Mobile first, the Curve 8900 and the Kickstart 8220 just premiered with T-Mobile and it won't come to Verizon, because the Storm premiered with them, and the Niagara will be premiering soon with Verizon. I'm thinking that the Magnum will premier with AT&T and Rogers (Lucky Rogers) as an "Upgrade" to the Bold (With a nice touchscreen).

Also, from what we've seen so far, it may be quite a big device as both the 88xx and the 9000 blackberries keyboards will be displayed, and from what we've seen so far, the rumor pictures we've seen on this site, it will not flip open or slide out to find a keyboard.

Just my two cents.
    Last edited by TouchBlister; 03-25-09 at 04:37 PM. Reason: Forgot something
    03-25-09 04:29 PM
    Is it just me or is the time in all the questionable leaked pics of the new BlackBerry models always on 12:21?
    03-25-09 04:30 PM
    My reliable source tells me that the 9900 will be a bold type device that will be on GSM with Wifi, GPS, a faster processor, 5 meg camera, running OS 5.0 and 4 gigs of built in memory. It will also have native flash, 0 bugs in the OS and have buttons on the side that will let it turn into a car, boat or motorcycle. He also said that the CDMA models will offer an airplane or helicopter feature instead of the motorcycle. His biggest complaint is that the car is only a 2 seater, but he did say that the stereo was excellent and has built in bluetooth.

Of course this was all written in crayon because they don't allow him to have sharp objects where he is.
    03-25-09 04:37 PM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD