BlackBerry 8130 (Pearl 2) coming to Verizon in November | CrackBerry.com

Finally, Verizon is getting a Pearl! Discuss it here.
    08-15-07 12:08 PM
    Is there any way for me to trade in my 8830 for this 8130? I've been waiting for a BB with a camera that verizon would offer, and now since I bought the 8830 on their release day I'll have to wait another 2 years to upgrade my phone. C'mon, there should be some cheap way for me to get this awesome (more awesome than the 8830 in my opinion) BB without the hassle of calling verizon's ignorant tech support. Anybody out there share these same feelings?
    08-15-07 03:26 PM
    What do you guys think the retail/no contract price will be? I will need to upgrade without a discount when I buy this.

It should be significantly less that the 8830 ($519) I would think. Somewhere in the $350 range would be nice.
    08-15-07 09:43 PM
    I would guess $499
    08-16-07 05:37 AM
    I would guess $499
    Ahhh! I hope not. That's a lot for me...
    08-16-07 08:34 AM
    OMG, I was going to get the 8703e, but I think the pearl2 would be better. The 8703e doesn't have a camera & I want one so bad. Quick question, is that a full qwerty & can I change from suretype to tap?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-07 06:11 PM
    OMG, I was going to get the 8703e, but I think the pearl2 would be better. The 8703e doesn't have a camera & I want one so bad. Quick question, is that a full qwerty & can I change from suretype to tap?

It is a suretype device and I don't see why you couldn't change to tap mode.
    08-16-07 07:38 PM
    knowing vz its probably perl 1.0 just 3 years later :P
    08-17-07 07:31 PM
    knowing vz its probably perl 1.0 just 3 years later :P
    I thought that at first too, but it is in fact the Pearl 2. Look at the button configuration, it is slightly different that the regular Pearl.
    08-17-07 08:25 PM
    I realize it's a stretch, but will the Pearl 2 come to T-Mobile anytime? I love my Pearl, but I hate the camera quality (the pics aren't crisp & clear). I was going to spend the money for the new Curve, but I'm willing to wait for the Pearl 2 with the 2mp camera. This size is perfect for my little hands! Any comments?
    09-22-07 10:16 PM
    will it be a world phone???
    09-29-07 10:03 PM
    will it be a world phone???
    No, there is no indication that this will be a world phone. It will most likely be targeted more at consumers.
    09-29-07 10:17 PM
    well - as I figured. Reading from the releases "will be available with VZ Navigator" which translates into VZW will castrate the GPS and the talk time is looking pathetic at 220 mins (compared with over 300 on the GSM version). Bye Bye VZW - looks like AT&T rings up another customer on this snafu. Plus they'll charge $500 for the phone at full retail (I am only 7 months into current contract) so jumping to the 8310 curve on ATT will be cheaper as well.
    10-03-07 09:37 AM
    well - as I figured. Reading from the releases "will be available with VZ Navigator" which translates into VZW will castrate the GPS and the talk time is looking pathetic at 220 mins (compared with over 300 on the GSM version). Bye Bye VZW - looks like AT&T rings up another customer on this snafu. Plus they'll charge $500 for the phone at full retail (I am only 7 months into current contract) so jumping to the 8310 curve on ATT will be cheaper as well.
    Where did you get the $500 price tag at? I am doubting it is going to cost $500 as the 8830 cost $519. The current Pearls are not as expensive as the 8800s, so I am thinking the price tag will be lower.
    10-03-07 03:51 PM
    Trevor, do you think vzw will ever put out anything comparable to the curve?

10-03-07 04:04 PM
    Trevor, do you think vzw will ever put out anything comparable to the curve?

I hope so, the curve is what I would really like. But I am betting it could be a while.
    10-03-07 07:11 PM
    That's get news maybe I can switch from T-mobile and get service were I need it.
    10-08-07 06:24 AM
    i've been looking at all the vzw pearl reviews online and no one seems to say whether i'll be able to use the mp3 functions fully or if vzw takes it all away for that damn "Get it now" music you have to buy!! :-(
    10-08-07 06:05 PM
    analytical-

great minds must think alike...

i just posted almost the same question on blackberry discussion forum... maybe we can cross-reference..

-db
    10-08-07 06:13 PM
    i've been looking at all the vzw pearl reviews online and no one seems to say whether i'll be able to use the mp3 functions fully or if vzw takes it all away for that damn "Get it now" music you have to buy!! :-(
    analytical-

great minds must think alike...

i just posted almost the same question on blackberry discussion forum... maybe we can cross-reference..

-db
    Where are you guys finding BlackBerry 8130 Pearl Reviews? The device isn't even out yet.
    10-08-07 09:26 PM
    gadget blog sites such as gizmodo that get to use the product before us, just google bb 8130 review
    10-09-07 02:39 AM
    review right here, copy and paste

youtube.com/watch?v=yvQrfkQjcJU
    10-09-07 06:23 AM
    well i posted my question on the youtube link and someone responded:

gm830 (23 hours ago)
    does verizon cripple it's ringtone and mp3 player functions and force you to buy everything with "Get it Now"?

goldenc88 (7 hours ago)
    No, you can create your own ringtones and text them to your phone, saving the sound as a ringtone. You can also put on your own music into the phone with a memory card.
    10-10-07 05:20 PM
    Where did you get the $500 price tag at? I am doubting it is going to cost $500 as the 8830 cost $519. The current Pearls are not as expensive as the 8800s, so I am thinking the price tag will be lower.
    Just a SWAG (scientific wild arse guess) based on 10 year's experience with VZW. Look at the RAZR2 V9M that just hit Verizon. $499 full retail which is obscene IMHO. Never underestimate the ability of VZW to rape you and your wallet. They might drop the price quickly (couple of months) if it doesn't sell like hotcakes out of the box but I would anticipate them getting every penny they can for as long as they can. One of several reasons I'm leaving to AT&T specifically for the 8310.
    10-10-07 08:08 PM
    More grist for the rumor mill.

I live in Connecticut and today went to a Wireless Store and Car Phone Store--both Verizon dealers.

Was told that Verizon is coming out with 6 new phones--scheduled for release on November 14th. No I did not get all the different phones as i was only interested in the Pearl.

Price unknown at this time.

New Verizon plan(s). Really no change from current plan especially if you have unlimited data plan. What they are trying to do is charge by the MB for data used during the monthly cycle. If you have an unlimited plan then it's no real change. Heard on another forum that the data price may drop $5 bucks or so. They could not confirm this at the two stores.

So the wait continues.

Mike
    10-22-07 07:01 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD