With BB in pocket. No, no one was drunk (this was at 1pm) just a bit too excited. The thing is that I didn't even see it coming. I was near the pool telling my friends that I'll be back in a while as I was going home to pick up my dog (my friends and I were staying at a villa for the wknd) when I just felt a push...by the time I realize what the heck was happening I was already submerge under water. Of course I didn't think about my phone right off until someone says, good thing you didn't have your phone with you (I had on one of the villa's robe on), I let out a shriek took the phone out of the robe's pocket and climb out of that pool with lightning speed. I took the battery out, dried it with a towel, dried the inside (the sim, mem card wasn't wet but the screen had water inside) I was laughing, screaming, shrieking, saying "oh no, oh no." My friends in the pool didn't know whether they should have been laughing or running. One of them even said, she's taking it really nicely knowing how much she loves that thing.
    Yes, I was taking it nicely...not sure exactly why...I guess perhaps because I knew the f*cker who threw me in the pool was going to be buying a new phone the next day. I told him he was off the hook if my phone survives but he shouldn't be holding his breath...lol.

Needless to say I got my BB back. A few contacts less as the last time I backed up my BB was a week ago but thanks to the DM I have all my configurations, emails, etc back. It's like I have BB #1. (For those of you who who dont see me in your BBM it's not cus I deleted you but obviously cus I have a new BB ). This phone is the bomb.

After all of this happening, I thought it would have been so handy to have a backup software in the mem card (like I did in my Treo 650). It use to back all the info on the card every night...always up to date.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-08 08:12 PM
    great ! glad to hear
    04-14-08 08:14 PM
    that sucks to hear, but i am glad that you got yourself a new functional berry, and i completely agree with the backup software. verizon has one for normal handsets called backup assistant and it backed up everything for me every night.
    04-14-08 08:15 PM
    Oh no! that's my worst nightmare
    04-14-08 08:15 PM
    Ya I'd yell and scream a little
    04-14-08 08:17 PM
    So did the **** that pushed you into the pool buy you the new phone?
    04-14-08 08:22 PM
    Gee...you would have thought I said a bad word!!! All I said is j e r k!
    04-14-08 08:23 PM
    glad to hear everything turned out ok. Thank God I have insurance on my curve. Just for situations like that.

04-14-08 08:28 PM
    Thank God I have insurance on my curve. Just for situations like that.
    What kind of insurance do you have? AT&T doesn't insure Curves.
    04-14-08 08:30 PM
    Lol...I get that all the time Jimmers and the funny thing is that I thought you said d*ck...:ahahahhahahaha
    Anyway, yes, he did. Well I went and bought the phone this morning because I wasn't about to spend the day without my BB. I then called my carrier's manager and gave her my pin and imei so that she can activate my BB services. About an hour or two after that he called for us to go and get the phone to the store. I told him there was no need as I already went and bought it all he had to do was reimburse me which he did. I'll change my pin in my details when I get a hold of a comp.

I felt bad he had to buy the phone and was tempted to tell him not to worry about it or that I'll put half and he puts the other but his gf told me not to...she said, that'll teach him for the next time he wants to throw ppl in the pool. Hahahahahahaha

04-14-08 08:33 PM
    thats awesome, glad you got a new phone out of it! Have fun on your vacation, and try and keep your phone indoors for right now :0)
    04-14-08 08:55 PM
    damn, that dude would have made the news here in philly............
    04-14-08 08:58 PM
    Wow... I would be mad as hells. Glad you got a new berry.
    04-14-08 09:00 PM
    I think I will start carrying mine in a ziplock bag near a pool from now on...

msblueline
    04-14-08 09:00 PM
    Lol...I thought about that Msblueline. And most probably will do so in the future.

04-14-08 09:08 PM
    DAM Son i would have choked out all of my friends if they ever did that to me. i would of had them all throw there cell phones in the swimmin pool and buy me a new one. wow that is wack lucky u got a new cell phone tho.
    04-14-08 09:23 PM
    I wondering why you hadnt responded to me =] Asked how was your weekend. I guess I know now!
    04-14-08 09:38 PM
    Lol...yes girl, I have a new pin so we'll have to resend the request. My new pin is pin:2451fa01
    And the wknd was off the hook! I'll tell you all about it in BBM

04-14-08 09:58 PM
    Requesting now...hopefully we get it right the first time TTYS!!
    04-14-08 09:59 PM
    Ah I saw the title and knew this was your thread jojo!
    Did you get your browser workin?
    I'm glad your back with a new bb!

04-15-08 04:45 AM
    Murder in this case would be justifiable homicide so go for it!
    04-15-08 05:12 AM
    When I had my Treo, I used "Back up Buddy", which actually backed up the Treo Wirelessly to their server automatically with every change, so if ever you lost your data, and were away from your computer,while traveling per se, you can restore the new Treo over the air with all of your data current. I have BIS with AT&T. Does anyone know of anything like that for the BB?
    04-15-08 08:57 AM
    Paul - Yes, I got the browser to work once I went into my blackberry account (the one that you create via the provider's site) it first told me that I had another pin (old pin) associated with my account and whether I wanted to change to the new pin. I click on yes and voila! all my emails, servicebooks, etc was reinstated. I was a bit worried about having to create another blackberry email. I was so glad I didn't have to.
    Once the new BB was reinstated to my account I was able to switch the browser from wifi only to internet. I love this phone!

Cheflionfoot - I also had (actually have b/c my Treo is still there) backupbuddy. I was looking for something similar for my BB. While the DM did a very good job, I wished I had this option on the card. On the same token had the card gotten wet I am not sure if it would have gotten damaged in which case then it would have been of no help.
    04-15-08 09:07 AM
    Umm, I can't get facebook back in my BB and Jivetalk! I had them send the registration key to my blackberry email which of course is in the other phone! Should I contact them?
    04-15-08 03:19 PM
    ouchhhhhhhhh!
    04-15-08 03:23 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD