I found my dad's old 8320, how do I start using WiFi features (calling, BBM...) I don't have a SIM card so yeahh.. Any help?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-10 11:32 PM
    Buy a SIM card and service.
    05-02-10 03:12 AM
    Also, you will need a BLACKBERRY DATA PLAN in order to get BlackBerry Data Features including BBM.
    05-02-10 07:10 AM
    I thought you can use Wifi for data instead of signing up for T-Mobile.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-10 10:47 AM
    Nope. BBM requires a BLACKBERRY Data Plan.
    05-02-10 11:13 AM
    As I see all smart phones on all carriers now require data plan.
    I call for a class action lawsuit against these gangs of crooks preying on customers.
    05-02-10 12:27 PM
    I call for a class action lawsuit against these gangs of crooks preying on customers.
    Let us know how that works out for you.
    05-02-10 12:31 PM
    They have us bent over and grabbing our ankles at least some apps support wifi for now I mainly use my 8320 as an mp3 player some web surfing and phone use no need for data plan got a good deal on my phone only reason I purchased it off of ebay.
    05-02-10 12:55 PM
    They have us bent over and grabbing our ankles at least some apps support wifi for now I mainly use my 8320 as an mp3 player some web surfing and phone use no need for data plan got a good deal on my phone only reason I purchased it off of ebay.
    Neither of you are talking about anything that has anything to do with what the OP is asking.

His OP said that he wants to use BBM. BlackBerry Messenger REQUIRES a BlackBerry Data Plan. It is BLACKBERRY DATA.
    05-02-10 12:59 PM
    Maybe you can start an online petition and take it from there. I would love to see more apps available that work with wifi. This might be a stupid question why don't programmers who use BB start creating open source projects like they do for Linux. How popular would wifi usage become if good selection of apps were available like they are for iphone.
    05-02-10 01:00 PM
    dONT THINK THEY GET IT MM!!
    05-03-10 11:11 AM
    Neither of you are talking about anything that has anything to do with what the OP is asking.

His OP said that he wants to use BBM. BlackBerry Messenger REQUIRES a BlackBerry Data Plan. It is BLACKBERRY DATA.
    His question was answered a long time ago.
    I just threw in the bone so that we can chew on it,
    or maybe someone directs me to a good deal.
    07-20-10 10:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD