i have a curve 8310. I want to get a case for it. I want one that is not bulky and prefer a gel skin if available. Can you guys inform me on what cases look and work best on a 8310 curve? Thank you so much!
    05-17-09 03:51 PM
    05-17-09 04:02 PM
    For the 8330 I have, I used the OEM rubber case. It works very well and fits in the OEM belt case well.
    05-17-09 04:48 PM
    The rubber cases are nice, but if you're clumsy like I am then get a case by Otter Box

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-09 08:27 PM
    I love the Seidio cases, they are protective and dont add much bulk to the phone. Check them out for sure!
    05-18-09 08:29 PM
    Otterbox and Body Glove for me. Check them out...

We've Got Technology Covered // OtterBox.com

05-18-09 08:29 PM
    I just got the body glove for my 8330 and I love it.

05-18-09 11:04 PM
    I use an Invisible Shield on my Curve (8900). It's so great...like rocking the phone nekkid. And I switch up other cases depending on my activity always knowing I'm double protected.

05-18-09 11:17 PM
    I just use the leather pouch my curve came with.

05-18-09 11:24 PM
    rocketfish cases all the way!!
    05-18-09 11:58 PM
    The magnetic case it comes with..
    05-19-09 01:49 AM
    I love the Seidio cases, they are protective and dont add much bulk to the phone. Check them out for sure!
    Love mine .
    05-19-09 02:25 AM
    I use an Invisible Shield on my Curve (8900). It's so great...like rocking the phone nekkid. And I switch up other cases depending on my activity always knowing I'm double protected.

I used to use the invisible shield and loved it for a while, until it started to turn brown and peel off my phone. I also noticed that it seemed to have kept my screen darker due to it covering the sensor. I still have the shield on the back of the phone to protect from those unsightly scratches, but I am waiting for my black body plates for a ninjaberry! For now I like using the leather holster that comes with it because of its functionality: magnetic sensor to turn off the phone when holstered, small front channel for the trackball to slide in unobstructed, and rear view of the "Blackberry" logo on the back.
    05-19-09 03:53 AM
    Agreed. The Seidio hard rubber case has protected my bb in some bad drop situations .

05-19-09 05:31 AM
    I had the BB gel case. It was ok, but the sides didn't stay on as well as I would have hoped. But it was the best case I looked at.

Then I found gelaskins. They're so awesome! And unlike the BB case, it protects the screen.
    05-19-09 03:00 PM
    I not a fan of the gel skins as they tend to hang up in my pocket. I have become a walking commercial for the Sedio Innocase line. Keeps my Curve safe, and when I am not using the holster the surface does not stick to my pocket like the gel and rubber skins can.

05-19-09 03:30 PM
    I had the BB gel case. It was ok, but the sides didn't stay on as well as I would have hoped. But it was the best case I looked at.

Then I found gelaskins[/URL]. They're so awesome! And unlike the BB case, it protects the screen.
    that would be great if i didn't have a 8330
    05-19-09 03:43 PM
    I too am a new curve 8330 owner and tried a few different optipons. Tried the BodyGlove and liked that it had the built in screen protector, but thought it was a bit hard to get in & out of pocket. Got the Invisible Shield from Zagg and found that I can only use the screen protector with the Seidio rubberized hard case, but really like the combination. I also plan on getting an Otterbox for those rougher outdoors days. Found all on ebay.

05-21-09 03:06 AM
    Agreed. The Seidio hard rubber case has protected my bb in some bad drop situations .

Here here! I don't know what I would've done without mine.
    That, plus a cheapo screen protector gives me complete protection.

I tried out those OEM skins, but they just feel gross to me. They get dirt and lint all over them, and it's a b***h to get it in and out of even loose pockets.
    05-21-09 07:25 AM
    I need to get one, I dropped my 8900 yesterday and I have to replace my bezel.
    05-21-09 09:18 AM
    Hi, all -
    New to forums and to BB, but I am in LOVe with my new Curve - only problem is, I have a protective gel skin (not a huge fan, but thought it would be all I needed) - and lo and behold, tonight at the dinner table I clumsily dropped my fork on my BB, and - CRACK! went the entire screen. Seriously, I barely dropped the fork, although it was heavy...

Anyway, I am working on getting a replacement, but I'm confused by all of this case talk and most of these seem to only protect the outside of the BB. What can you recommend that cover both? I.e., I want a hard, plastic screen cover like you can get for your iPod?

Thanks in advance, guys! I actually nearly cried I was so upset...I knew you'd all understand that one.
    05-30-09 12:40 AM
    Seido all the way. I like the Verizon gel skin case as far as looking go but it is a dust magnet and impossible to get in and out of my pocket. The Seido is grippy but doesn't grab my pocket or dust/lint at all!
    05-30-09 01:01 AM
    I just use the leather pouch my curve came with.

Same here. Works well.
    05-30-09 07:58 AM
    I have the blackberry leather holster that I use when wearing a belt (not the sexiest thing in the world, but effective) and use the pouch supplied with the BB when I am not wearing a belt.
    05-30-09 08:02 AM
    I have used them all and if you keep your phone in your front pocket... Don't use one. My 8330 has survived some rough spills (Insure your phone through State Farm). If you must use a case get the all black Seidio rubberized innocase. You can get them cheap on Ebay.

05-30-09 08:55 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD