New BB Curve for Verizon...

I set a custom wallpaper, and noticed that after performing a USB sync,
    the wallpaper reverts to the default.

Has anyone experienced this and is there a solution?

Thanks.
    05-30-08 12:37 PM
    Yes I have also. A quick fix is to take that wallpaper and place it on the device memory instead of the media card. There is another thread on this same issue. Let me see if I can find it.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/bb-...syncing-38308/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/syncing-issue-37713/

EDIT: Added links
    Last edited by SK1; 05-30-08 at 12:47 PM.
    05-30-08 12:42 PM
    Thanks...much appreciated!
    05-30-08 02:28 PM
    Mine doe that also...and its on the media card...always reverts back to thw wallpaper I have put on there though...some times it take a second or two though...there is a good bit of info for the device to process so sometimes waiting is the best medicine...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-08 02:50 PM
    Has anyone found a definative answer as to why this happens to some and not to others? I don't have this issue at all. My wallpapers are cached to the phone's content store. Perhaps all the people with this problem have a corrupt content store database.
    05-30-08 04:40 PM
    Isn't the stuff on the media card inaccessable when the USB cable is plugged in and you are in "Mass Storage Mode"? OP, does your wallpaper stay reverted to default after you unplug the USB cable?
    05-30-08 05:53 PM
    OK, here's the deal guys/gals. I found out specifically why this happens and why some of us see it and some don't.

1) When Mass Storage is on, anything on the media card is inaccessible to the device from it. (we knew this part)

2) When you set a wallpaper, the picture is cached to somewhere on the phone (most likely the content cache).

3) When you Sync the phone, this cache file or pointer for the wallpaper gets wiped. (Don't know why, maybe it has to do with the Sync "locking" each database for backup, but speculating.)

So now you're left with no wallpaper until you unplug. Well, that's nice and dandy, but that doesn't really explain why some saw this and some didn't. Here's the missing link.

If you set your phone to prompt you before it enters Mass Storage, and you either don't answer the question when you plug in or simply answer no, then the phone is not in Mass Storage mode and when you Sync, you don't loose the wallpaper... obviously.

Sorry if this sounds useless, but I couldn't explain exactly why some were seeing this problem each and every time and why I wasn't. I typically only enter Mass Storage mode when I know I need something off the card and when that happens, I don't Sync or Backup during the same session. When I do Sync or Backup, I don't enter Mass Storage, so I don't loose wallpaper during the process.

Hope that makes a little more sense now.
    05-30-08 07:26 PM
    I have turned off Mass Storage Mode and my BB Curve 8330 is still reverting to the original home screen image, rather than the one I have set.

I am going to update to DM 4.6 and see if that makes a difference.
    09-06-08 12:47 PM
    OK, here's the deal guys/gals. I found out specifically why this happens and why some of us see it and some don't.

1) When Mass Storage is on, anything on the media card is inaccessible to the device from it. (we knew this part)

2) When you set a wallpaper, the picture is cached to somewhere on the phone (most likely the content cache).

3) When you Sync the phone, this cache file or pointer for the wallpaper gets wiped. (Don't know why, maybe it has to do with the Sync "locking" each database for backup, but speculating.)

So now you're left with no wallpaper until you unplug. Well, that's nice and dandy, but that doesn't really explain why some saw this and some didn't. Here's the missing link.

If you set your phone to prompt you before it enters Mass Storage, and you either don't answer the question when you plug in or simply answer no, then the phone is not in Mass Storage mode and when you Sync, you don't loose the wallpaper... obviously.

Sorry if this sounds useless, but I couldn't explain exactly why some were seeing this problem each and every time and why I wasn't. I typically only enter Mass Storage mode when I know I need something off the card and when that happens, I don't Sync or Backup during the same session. When I do Sync or Backup, I don't enter Mass Storage, so I don't loose wallpaper during the process.

Hope that makes a little more sense now.
    Thanks this does make sense b/c the same happens to me and now I know why! Sweet.
    09-06-08 01:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD