OK so i have been running the "official" 4.5.0.77 verizon release and it is driving me crazy. Between the speakerphone bug, phone crashing and restarting while watching videos from youtube, and the cursor in the internet browser, I think I'm going back to 4.3. Should I stay or should I go?

The HTML email is definitely sweet, but that is about all I am liking right now. I do like the idea of Docs to Go, but I have not used the program at all for editing documents.

The cursor in the web browser is driving me nuts as well. I used to be able to hover over a text input box, like on google.com, and input text. Still can, but if I want to edit you cannot put the cursor where you want. Either click the begininng or the end and trackball sideways from there.
    That sucks.

I am assuming there are memory leaks because I am constantly running Memory Cleaner to speed up the phone.

Lastly the Mute/Standby button will still put the phone into standby when held for a second, but if you bump the green send button, bb menu button, back button or the end/power button it lights up the screen with the "in standby mode" message. That's a battery killer.

Should I go back to 4.3 or keep my eyes peeled for the next beta release?
    11-21-08 09:22 AM
    It is up to you if you want to put up with the irritations to keep 4.5.0.77. Isn't there a newer OS? Anyway, running the memory cleaner will not do much to free file free memory for your device. It is much more effective to follow the memory optimization guide in my signature. In addition, to free memory after a couple days of mem leak, you should:

Clear the Event Log: Open the log (alt-lglg)> press menu key> select clear log.

Clear Browser Cache: To clear cache, while in your browser> press menu key> select options> select cache operations> select clear content cache> press back.

Then reset your device, the soft is usually enough to free up a lot of file free memory:

Soft Reset for Curve: press alt>right shift>delete keys at the same time.

Hard Reset: press the alt>right shift>delete keys again after the BlackBerry's screen lights up after the first reset.
    11-21-08 09:30 AM
    Just tried upgrading to 4.5.0.89

DM4.7 won't let it load. I check the box, click next, and next screen says no updates available.
    11-21-08 11:50 AM
    If the update is not from your carrier, you need to delete the Vendor XML file or it will not load...
    11-21-08 11:53 AM
    I did delete the vendor xml file and it still did not load.
    11-21-08 11:56 AM
    I did delete the vendor xml file and it still did not load.
    Try using Crackmem to remove the vendor.xml file again.
    11-21-08 01:43 PM
    I have never had a problem doing this before. I feel like a noob. This is a text book easy thing to do. I wonder if DM4.7 is the hold up here?
    11-21-08 05:15 PM
    I've had 4.5.0.77 for the last 2 weeks and haven't had single problem or glitch you've mentioned above at all.

I use my speakerphone A LOT and watch a good amount of youtube vids on it.

It has never crashed or restarted without me doing it.
    11-22-08 08:23 AM
    I had some issues but what I ended up doing was wiping my BB clean and reinstalling everything. It's a pain to reload but it was well worth it. The only app that didn't come back was BB Maps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-08 11:16 AM
    The vendor xlm file can be a pain, almost anything will put it back on your PC. Always delete just before opening DM to load a new OS. Sometimes if it won't load, you need to do a search for the vendor file to make sure you got it. The OS should load if it is the right one for your device, it is installed and you've gotten the vendor file. I have no experience with 4.7 DM, but if you suspect it is causing a problem, there's nothing wrong with going back to 4.6 and using it.
    11-22-08 11:22 AM
    I just removed desktop manager 4.7 and downloaded 4.5 from blackberry. Plugged in my curve after quick computer reboot and 4.5.0.97 (132) loaded without a hitch.

It was either 4.5.0.89 giving me problems or DM4.7 must have been holding things up.

Must say nice little speed increase from .77 to .97 and no more speakerphone glitch (for now anyways). I might be seeing things but the internet browser seems like it is going twice as fast as before too, but that might be due to javascript turned off.
    11-22-08 12:31 PM
    What exactly is the speakerphone glitch?
    11-22-08 01:23 PM
    I installed .77 on mine about two weeks ago and haven't had a single problem either. Hope .97 works well for ya.
    11-22-08 03:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD