I have had my Blackberry Curve with Verizon for about three months now and for some reason when I text certain people there is a huge lag in both opening up messages and sending messages. The worst seems to be a friend with Alltel. When I send a message to that phone, my phone basically freezes while sending it for at least 45 seconds. I would think maybe it is a memory problem or something, but it is only a couple of numbers that create this lag problem. Most other numbers that I text go right through in a couple of seconds. Is the problem with my phone, or is it something about Alltel?
    05-08-09 11:03 PM
    Sounds like an Alltel deal. If possible, try sending a text to the number that is causing you lag with a different phone with the same service as you and see if it bothers that phone as well. If it goes right through then there might be an issue with your Blackberry.
    05-08-09 11:35 PM
    Several thoughts, all related to the number of stored text messages on the device. This is known to create lag.
    � You can try reducing the stored message history - Options > SMS Text > Number of Previous Entries = ?? (Mine is set to 7). This is a global setting that limits the history for each contact to the specified number of texts.
    � Pick an incoming text from the problem contact and choose Reply, then MenuKey > Remove History.
    � A more drastic approach is to highlight the contact in your Address Book, then MenuKey > Activity Log > go to most recent date > MenuKey > Delete Prior. This removes the entire history for that contact - incoming and outgoing text, call, and email. Might not be what you you want.

Oh, and one last thing - have you done a battery pull with the phone on and replaced it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-09 07:17 AM
    The more drastic approach worked perfectly. I guess I just had too many messages from that one number. Thank you so much for the suggestions.
    05-10-09 10:04 AM
    I have the same problem. If I delete the history for that one contact, what is going to stop the problem from coming back when they receive a lot of text from that contact?
    05-14-09 10:41 AM
    I called Verizon Technical Help three different times and noone was able to answer the question. I have also tried to find the answer in the manual. I believe that when playing with my BB Curve 8330 I hit "delete prior" in a contact. Is there a way to turn off "delete prior"? I really need to be able to keep messages from this contact. How do I turn this feature off.
    07-14-09 02:08 AM
    i have had this same problem with my sprint curve.
    I tend to start receiving texts like 20 minutes later.
    I do a battery pull and it seems that all the texts seem to come in at the same time then. I have to do this a few times a week if not almost once a day. could this be because i text way to much?
    09-29-09 05:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD