BlackBerry® Curve Cell Phone - AT&T, formerly Cingular Wireless
    go to : BlackBery Curve Cell Phone - AT&T

then, click on 360 demo, then click on features.

Can we sue them!? :x
    Last edited by CrackBerry Kevin; 08-17-07 at 12:49 PM. Reason: link added
    08-17-07 11:19 AM
    it does have GPS support which means you need the bluetooth adapter.
    08-17-07 04:10 PM
    Maybe they are just prepping for the 8310 and have the wrong demo posted.
    08-17-07 05:42 PM
    it does have GPS support which means you need the bluetooth adapter.
    integrated means you don't have to have any additional anything. so i think
    kasperapd is right, they have the wrong info (this is probably the 8310 demo)
    08-18-07 11:44 AM

I would like to fiddle with this even further. With idiots for ATT customer service (among some of the much better ones) we can just yank their chain and call/chat with them and talk about this feature and break a fight with them over this functionality. If they say "yes we have it" we can challenge it, and then if they say "No it doesn't have it" we can claim we bought it based on this info and now we don't have GPS. It is a win-win situation!
    08-18-07 01:21 PM
    So, I'm wondering if the Curve is GPS capable, but the feature has been disabled by AT&T. Like other service providers, they are notorious for "crippling" the feature sets of phones. Through SEEM edits, I enabled a lot of crippled features on my RAZR v3xx.

I wonder if that's the case here or maybe an advertising/imaging mistake. Just a thought...
    08-18-07 02:01 PM
    I don't think they crippled it. 8300 does not have GPS built it, however it is capable of GPS (you can probably use Bluetooth GPS)
    08-18-07 09:21 PM
    Not anymore. Google Maps, blackberry maps have crippled their software for the curve so we can no longer use a bluetooth puck. That is, of course, unless you purchase the monthly pay service Telenav (at&t gets a huge kickback). So be careful when you upgrade these map softwares when you use a puck.

I'm surprised more people aren't making more of a stink about this...
    08-19-07 02:20 PM
    I read about it. The way solve this is to stick to 1.5.xx version of google maps.
    However, this may not be permenant solution as gmaps can simply refuse connection to it one day.
    I am not sure who the heck is behind this (as VZ and ATT both disabling the GPS features) there must be a reason. I don't think google would care that ATT won't sell more iPhones because others have this option.

This totally blows.
    08-19-07 03:53 PM
    well i just called att and they did disable it, and told me that if i wanted it i needed to send my phone off to bb, funny, huh? i hate big corps.
    08-19-07 05:36 PM
    They disabled what? I am sorry...
    Can't you still use the old version of google maps and take advantage of it!?

AND, how about flashing the firmware and using a different OS from another carrier on Curve? How about then?
    08-19-07 05:43 PM
    -- update --
    You know what, I may take a plunge and stop waiting for the new blackberry to come out.. I might just go ahead and get my ATT 8300 this week.. Plus, if it comes out in second week of Sept. I can use my 30 day trial and turn that in for the newer one if it is really that superior.. Otherwise, this has been out for a while and it might actually be better get this one as opposed to supposedly crippled newer device.
    What do you think!?
    08-19-07 10:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD