I was curious if OP has the Latitude feature on Google Maps activated?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-09 02:19 AM
    I checked the database size as you said and it said 2333.something KB. What is that compared to what you said?

03-31-09 03:49 AM
    Excuse me, it said 2333.4 K.

03-31-09 04:02 AM
    I checked the database size as you said and it said 2333.something KB. What is that compared to what you said?

Much larger than the 64Kb Reed posted.
    03-31-09 07:02 AM
    Much larger than the 64Kb Reed posted.
    So what do I do? For example, in the address book it says 36/26.9K. What does that mean? does that mean that I have 36K but I should only have 26.9K? Please excuse my ignorance, I'm not technically savvy with these things.
    03-31-09 07:10 AM
    Interesting thread you have developed here.

My experience is, I can get 24 Mb after a battery pull, then it drops to 14 Mb about a couple weeks or use. Memory management kicks in and keeps it pretty stable at that level.

There are two things that occupy memory. Applicatons and data share the space. If you are confidant it is not an applications issue, it is time to look at data.

Options / Status. Menu / Database sizes lets you examine the data. Most are quite reasonable, but Content Store has been reported to expand and consume memory.

If it is under 64 Kb, there is no problem. If the size is much larger, you can recover it with Advanced Restore.

/braindump

I saw this:FAQ: How To Clear The BlackBerry Content Store | BerryReview.com � about how to clear the content store, but I wondering what happens to my BB if I do.
    03-31-09 07:10 AM
    Interesting thread you have developed here.

My experience is, I can get 24 Mb after a battery pull, then it drops to 14 Mb about a couple weeks or use. Memory management kicks in and keeps it pretty stable at that level.

There are two things that occupy memory. Applicatons and data share the space. If you are confidant it is not an applications issue, it is time to look at data.

Options / Status. Menu / Database sizes lets you examine the data. Most are quite reasonable, but Content Store has been reported to expand and consume memory.

If it is under 64 Kb, there is no problem. If the size is much larger, you can recover it with Advanced Restore.

/braindump

What is advanced restore?
    03-31-09 07:25 AM
    And the answer is, doesn't seem to do anything. Found some posts that indicate that the Content Store holds on device pictures of which I have none and is essentially a junk area for 3rd party apps. After clearing, it went from 467K to 65K. Pretty nice return of memory.
    03-31-09 07:26 AM
    Ok, I just did the Advanced Restore thing and it didn't change a thing as far as the memory goes.
    03-31-09 07:35 AM
    My file free jumped up immediately. Try a battery pull.
    03-31-09 07:43 AM
    Did that, too, no change.
    03-31-09 07:51 AM
    i used crackmem last night to reinstall my OS. i went from 17-19 megs to 25 after. now after installing about 4 or 5 apps i am still at 23-24. that did it for me...

i followed the tutorials and peoples comments on here.
    thanks all
    03-31-09 09:26 AM
    i used crackmem last night to reinstall my OS. i went from 17-19 megs to 25 after. now after installing about 4 or 5 apps i am still at 23-24. that did it for me...

i followed the tutorials and peoples comments on here.
    thanks all
    What is crackmem? Maybe that'll work for me, too.
    03-31-09 09:31 AM
    Here ya go..

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/crac...eleased-52044/
    03-31-09 09:33 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/cra...eleased-52044/
    03-31-09 09:33 AM
    Ok, I did the crackmem thing, plus everything else that was suggested on here and my memory is now up to 22. But I have hardly any apps on my phone at all, so I still think there should be much more memory.
    03-31-09 10:59 AM
    I have 8 apps, 5 games, and 8 web shortcuts and I max out at about 18MB's.
    03-31-09 11:05 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD