Hello,

I have a BB Curve 8330. Twice in in 5 days I've received a text (SMS) message from 40002. The body of the message reads:
    sync:24d24bb77b9d126a34c3cf05291ad172

I have no clue what this is. Any ideas? I am unable to respond to it.

Thanks,
    Shelbie
    02-24-10 01:20 PM
    its probably a service message generated from your carrier. do you have a wireless backup thing through your carrier?
    02-24-10 11:34 PM
    I have also gotten the same thing 3 or 4 times now. Us cellular is my carrier and I called tech support and they said they weren't familuar w/any six digit access codes and that I should try sending a reply text "stop",but I couldn't send it. I also tried to google the message and it had nothing (unbelieveable) plz help
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-10 01:39 PM
    I did the same thing. I also have US Cellular but didn't ask them. I do think it's something to do with the contact backup. It's since stopped. No worries. Thanks!!
    03-25-10 04:30 PM
    That is correct! This is a message from the My Contacts Backup program. It is requesting your phone to backup your contacts. You will only receive this message if you have not downloaded the My Contacts Backup application on your phone, but you have an account set up. It is trying to backup your contacts so your account is not cancelled for inactivity.
    11-30-10 10:40 AM
    Huh? So I guess if you never set this up it doesn't matter. I have never downloaded it to my phone or set it up and haven't got any message. Hope my account doesn't get cancelled for inactivity.
    11-30-10 11:08 AM
    Just wanted to jump in here and say Hi and also that I work for U.S. Cellular and that message is in fact from your My Contacts Backup account.

You'll get that message if you had it set up on another phone before going to the Blackberry. You can redownload MCB to your BB if you'd like by going to uscc.com and clicking on the My Contacts Backup link. It will send a text message down to the phone with the link for downloading it and the messages should stop.
    12-03-10 11:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD