I'm frustrated right now - Please read and let me know your thoughts and any advice or suggestions.

I have my gmail account set up on by 8300. Everything was working perfectly until the last few days. Emails arrived instantly on my Blackberry, sometimes even before gmail "refreshed" and the emails appeared on the inbox. The time the messages arrived on the inbox on my gmail account was the same time as the email on my blackberry - In other words: zero delays.

I started noticing that some emails started getting delayed recently. I blew it off as a temporary issue but when it didn't stop happening after a couple of days, I became concerned.

I logged into BIS and resent the service books. I pulled the battery from my device. Emails continued to arrive with a delay of anywhere between 15 to 60 minutes to my Blackberry. Frustration began to mount.

I decided to troubleshoot the issue and see if it is my device, or AT&T or Gmail itself what's causing this infuriating delay. I created a new att.blackberry.net account and tested it. Emails arrive instantly to that address, as they should. Emails to the Gmail account continue to arrive with a delay.

I then went into my Gmail account and verified all settings are configured appropriately. Yep - IMAP active, all in order. I then decided to test and set my Gmail account to forward all emails to my blackberry.net account. Surprisingly, all emails now arrive instantly again from the Gmail account to the blackberry.net account. Obviously I cannot manage my Gmail inbox this way and deleting messages is impossible even though at least I get them in a timely manner this way.

I am completely stumped as to what could be causing this issue.

I opened a new gmail account just for testing purposes and set it up on BIS. Emails arrived instantly at first, but then started getting delayed as well. Nobody seems to be having this issue besides me according to some comments I've made here and on the Blackberry boards on the AT&T website.

Any thoughts? How can this be possible?
    01-15-08 09:17 PM
    No input?

Anyone experiencing these issues?
    01-16-08 08:28 PM
    I have noticed delays lately, as well. There have been some outages/slow downs recently. If you've resent service books, there's not much more you can do.
    01-16-08 09:07 PM
    There is plenty more you can do. I feel your pain. Its happening to me too since around Christmas. I called BB tech help and they are very helpful. They have been working on my issue for the past there days. Ill let you know what happens.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-08 09:14 PM
    Most of the time, these slow downs will work themseleves out. There have been outages today and yesterday and likely some catch-up could be taking place. My GMails have been taking 5-10 minutes occasionally.
    01-16-08 09:21 PM
    My problem has lasted over a month and its taking my gmail over an hour to hit my BB. Unacceptable!

01-16-08 09:31 PM
    I never said it was acceptable, just that there isn't anything YOU can do. You can call support and see if THEY can do anything for you. The OP has done everything they can do.

[sarcasm]Give Google a call and see if they can help you out. [/sarcasm]

Seriously, I've found you can spin your wheels with this stuff and not get anywhere. Hopefully, Google and RIM will get it straightened out.
    01-16-08 09:39 PM
    I called RIM there days ago and I got a coile test emails today so they are actively working on it. By the way, one of the test emails took two hours. Anyways RIM says that when a gmail guys the inbox, gmail sends an "instant" notification to BB server who then in turn goes and grabs the emails and sends it to your BB. Apparently the breakdown is in gmail's notification. Fingers crossed that they fix it. I'm frustrated!

01-16-08 09:56 PM
    That's what I'm saying. It's good that you were able to get the issue escalated to RIM but they likely already knew about the issue. If you've done service books, recreated your account, pulled your battery, etc., there isn't much more you can do except wait for them to fix it.
    01-16-08 10:02 PM
    Has there been any new developments on this issue? I've searched through the forums but it doesn't look like anyone has figured out how to get rid of the delay when using the IMAP protocol for gmail.

What frustrated me most about this is I was arguing with the Rogers CSR over whether gmail supports IMAP or not.. He did not believe me!! jeez. I tried explaining politely that it is supported.. But when he kept rejecting me, I got really ticked off!
    03-20-08 04:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD