Guys,

I am brand new to this forum but have had about 3 different blackberry's through work and personal use. My current BB is the 8320 with Tmobile and is basically the reason for my post today.

While I am completley and utterly addicted to my phone, I HATE TMOBILE. At least in NYC.

I am thinking of making the switch to AT&T and getting their version of the curve, the 8310. I know I will be loosing the WiFi capabilities of the Tmobile version but I am willing to sacrifice.

This brings me to my question: For those that have had the Curve on Tmobile AND AT&T, in NYC, should I switch or don't waste my time?

Thank you all in advance.
    04-28-08 08:25 PM
    how long have you had your blackberry 8320? because if its over 90 days you can get it unlocked by calling them or emailing them to get the unlock code. they yu would be able to use your 8320 on att.
    04-28-08 09:09 PM
    yea best thing to do is unlock the phone, AT&T has excellent coverage in NYC
    04-28-08 09:38 PM
    Yeah, I'd say get it unlocked and keep the wifi!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-08 09:48 PM
    My BB is unlocked, have had Tmobile for 3 years. However I am not sure as to how I set it to go on to AT&T.

Please help, thank you so much!

04-28-08 09:58 PM
    I have one unlocked on AT&T and would suggest getting the cheap refurbed curves for $50 or less. I say this because of couple of apps do not work for me. First being Telenav and the second being Mobile IM (OZ Messenger) I am unable to get this as Medianet sees that it is the T-mobile version and doesn't give me the option for OZ.
    04-28-08 10:05 PM
    I just gave up verizons network for at&t and have never been happier... Of course my co workers were giving me crap since I work for at&t

04-28-08 10:34 PM
    My BB is unlocked, have had Tmobile for 3 years. However I am not sure as to how I set it to go on to AT&T.

Please help, thank you so much!

if you are out of contract, you could get a brand new curve for cheap ( maybe even get paid for it), check Amazon.com. It might have good deal
    04-28-08 10:36 PM
    While I've had serious issues with AT&T, from what I've heard from friends, they have a much better network all around.
    04-28-08 10:42 PM
    you can get it unlocked easy, i went to att today to get an 8310 unlocked and they did it in like 5 minutes(its for sale in the marketplace lol)
    04-28-08 10:55 PM
    you can get it unlocked easy, i went to att today to get an 8310 unlocked and they did it in like 5 minutes(its for sale in the marketplace lol)
    Not understanding what you mean. Please clarify.

I have a Curve 8320 on Tmobile, I was given a unlock code from Tmobile when I went to Paris for NYE. Now my Curve is unlocked via the code, how do I get it to use AT&T networks?

When I go to the mobile networks screen and choose the manual selection, and select AT&T - it says that I can only use it for emergencies.

Thanks!
    04-29-08 08:41 AM
    My AT&T service in NYC is great - no complaints here.

04-29-08 08:48 AM
    Not understanding what you mean. Please clarify.

I have a Curve 8320 on Tmobile, I was given a unlock code from Tmobile when I went to Paris for NYE. Now my Curve is unlocked via the code, how do I get it to use AT&T networks?

When I go to the mobile networks screen and choose the manual selection, and select AT&T - it says that I can only use it for emergencies.

You will have to get an AT&T sim card and put it in the phone to use it on their network. With your T-Mobile sim card you are right as far as the 'only for emergency' option goes. Unlocking the phone allows you to use any GSM network sim card and have their service on another company's branded phone.
    04-29-08 09:26 AM
    You will have to get an AT&T sim card and put it in the phone to use it on their network. With your T-Mobile sim card you are right as far as the 'only for emergency' option goes. Unlocking the phone allows you to use any GSM network sim card and have their service on another company's branded phone.
    Ahh great response. Thank you!

So basically I would have to get a AT&T plan & sim card, and put into my phone, thus retaining the WiFi capability of the 8320? Can I still use the UMA feature via AT&T for phone calls?
    04-29-08 09:32 AM
    doesnt at&t still have the free refurbs? i was just on their site and saw something about free pda refurb phones. might as well get an almost new one for free while making the switch right?
    04-29-08 09:36 AM
    if T-mo has a good setup in your area with plenty of towers you are fine. If not you are not so lucky. This is why with T-mobile you get reception on your front porch, but walk directly across the street and you have not one bar of service. This seems to happen with alot of T- mobile users. Like it is said, you get what you pay for...
    04-29-08 11:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD