The guys at Seidio were kind enough to send me the new slim rubberized case for the 8330 so; I thought I’d give you my first impressions along with pros and cons.

First Impression:

The case definitely has a much sturdier feel than you’re typical below $10 skin. The Seidio Slim Rubberized Case is actually two pieces that snap together, once you lay your Curve in the back panel you simply apply the “face” portion and snap the clips together from top to bottom. Not having to fight to get it on your Curve is a welcome change from the flimsier skins.

Pros:

1. Little to no added bulk (about the same as a typical rubber skin), and fits perfectly which I can’t say for the less expensive skins.

2. The rubberized material doesn’t sweat when you’re using the phone unlike the cheaper skins.

3. The rubber-coated plastic definitely offers your Curve more protection from the bumps and bruises that life has to offer. I’ve dropped the phone from an 18-inch height (hey I have insurance); the case stayed together and there was no damage to my Curve. With the BoxWave Skin I had on my Treo I still managed to nick and scar the finish from a drop.

4. The keyboard, screen and scroll ball are accessible without obstruction from the case. I remember with the BoxWave Skin I had on my Treo I constantly had to adjust it to see a portion of the screen or use some of the keys on either side of the keyboard. Not to mention BoxWave doesn’t have a case yet for the CDMA Curve and the one they have for the GSM Curve is priced at $39.95, that’s $10 more expensive than Seidio’s.

5. The quick keys on the sides are recessed eliminating accidental operation of the program attached to each key. I was constantly activating the camera.

6. Does not interfere with speaker quality either while up to your ear or using the speakerphone.

Cons:

1. No protection for the screen if you’re a pocket carrier like me. That’s easily remedy with the purchase of screen protector.

2. When I first received the case I managed to unsnap the top portion of the case while putting the phone in standby. I believe this was caused more from not properly snapping the case together then a structural defect (see number 3 above).

Overall I’d say if you’re someone who wants the utmost protection for your Curve without adding unnecessary bulk the Seidio Slim Rubberized Case gives you that at a cost that’s $10 less then the competition.

Not to mention it gives the Curve the look of the pre-release photos of the Sprint Curve.

05-28-08 05:25 PM
    I've always been a huge fan of Seidio cases.
    05-28-08 05:51 PM
    Looks cool. Still deciding on this vs. A leather case

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-08 08:03 PM
    My vote also goes to Seidio.

05-28-08 08:26 PM
    I ordered mine, its getting delivered on friday

05-28-08 08:34 PM
    Does this block the the charging port on the back/bottom for a charging cradle use?

Otherwise looks great!

05-28-08 10:14 PM
    The charging port is still accessible on the back. Seidio even makes a special charger for a skinned BB. I'm still waiting for my blue case to arrive!

Semper Fi,

~Marine39

05-29-08 12:15 AM
    Finally got my email today that mine was shipped. Looks like a good case, cant wait to try it out.
    05-29-08 12:32 AM
    Yeah, I got the case/holster combo version of this case for the 8320, and love it long time.
    05-29-08 12:33 AM
    I would like to know how hard is it to remove the seidio ruber case for extended battery? I got me the case and so far like it, not love the seam you see is a bit annoying and one part doesnt seem to fit like i want, anyone know how to remove the case so i can look it over better?
    05-29-08 01:29 AM
    i ordererd mine for my 8310, with the sleeper holster. it shows that it will be delivered friday! cant wait. quick question, i noticed that seido makes a battery replacement cover that has slots for the speaker, if i get this, will the case basically null that anyway? i guess my question is, how much of the speaker is muted due to the case?
    05-29-08 02:15 AM
    If the case you ordered has a speaker cutout then getting the replacement door would work nice, my extended battery door works well with the cutout.
    05-29-08 02:48 AM
    I don't think the case has any openings in the back. I guess I'll have to wait til it comes in.

05-29-08 02:54 AM
    I don't think the case has any openings in the back. I guess I'll have to wait til it comes in.

It doesn't. The case has speaker openings on the top to correspond with the CDMA 8330. The GSM Curves have the speaker opening in the back but the cases for those won't fit on the CDMA Curves.

Semper Fi,

~Marine39
    05-29-08 04:26 AM
    Anyone know how to take the case apart without damaging it? I dont want to go thru trial and error if the error costs me my case.
    05-29-08 05:10 AM
    Is there anywhere else I can get this case cheaper? People complained about MiuTunes retailing for $30, but no uproar at this price for a case?
    05-29-08 08:05 AM
    I'm not a fan of carrying my 8330 in my pocket because of lint getting into the trackball and keyboard. I use the Seido rubberized holster and Invisible Shield protection on the back and screen.
    05-29-08 09:50 AM
    they told me it was shipped out monday and would be here friday but they lied to me and they didnt ship it out until late last night, and it wont arrive until Monday. Bastards! How did you(OP) get the case so quickly? I cant wait for my hard case and holster. Im sick of this pouch
    05-29-08 10:16 AM
    I'm not a fan of carrying my 8330 in my pocket because of lint getting into the trackball and keyboard. I use the Seido rubberized holster and Invisible Shield protection on the back and screen.
    The trick to combating pocket lint is to wash and dry your pants with the pockets inside out.
    05-29-08 11:36 AM
    they told me it was shipped out monday and would be here friday but they lied to me and they didnt ship it out until late last night, and it wont arrive until Monday. Bastards! How did you(OP) get the case so quickly? I cant wait for my hard case and holster. Im sick of this pouch
    According to the shipping invoice it shipped the 21st and I received it the 28th. That doesn't seem too fast to me.
    05-29-08 11:38 AM
    Anyone know how to take the case apart without damaging it? I dont want to go thru trial and error if the error costs me my case.
    It snaps apart as easily as it goes together. There really is no trick to it.
    05-29-08 11:39 AM
    If you can PM me your order #, I will look into it.

Seidio
    05-29-08 11:12 PM

well, mine was supposed to be in friday, thats what the rep told me on the phone when i asked her. i placed the order last thursday. now it says i wont get it until monday as well! wtf?
    05-29-08 11:20 PM
    anybody got better pics of the case?
    05-30-08 12:08 AM
    I have the hybrid (front is a crystal clear case with the rubber black backing) version of this case. I love it! I wanted to buy a rubberized front and called Seidio but they said they don't sell the front or back by itself; the cases are sold by the set (front and back). Boo.

I also bought their stand up charger too and its fully compatible with the case on and off. Both are great products!
    05-30-08 01:58 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD