Ya, I have always hid the app on my home screen, but i'm saying that it's always running. When I go to the app switcher it's there. If i click on it I cannot quit it. It states PTT charges may apply if I initialize... so I'm hesitant to even open the app since i don't have a PTT plan.
    To accomplish what you want, you really are going to have to follow the instructions posted to remove it.
    06-11-08 08:07 AM
    Suppose you are right. Even if i was able to quit the app, it would just start up after i reboot anyway. Gah!

To accomplish what you want, you really are going to have to follow the instructions posted to remove it.
    06-11-08 08:28 AM
    Suppose you are right. Even if i was able to quit the app, it would just start up after i reboot anyway. Gah!
    I feel your pain, but if you follow the directions in post #8 you'll be a happy person I know I am.
    06-11-08 08:32 AM
    For the removal technique to work, you need to have Javaloader.exe present on your PC. The easiest way to do this is to download and install JL_Cmder which installs Javaloader. JL_Cmder may be downloaded from JL_Cmder Javaloader Utility

To safely remove AT&T's PTT under Windows XP do the following.

- Install JL_Cmder but do not run it.
    - Download and unzip the two small batch files in this post.
    - Connect your phone
    - run remptt_1.bat and wait until the phone has fully rebooted.
    - run remptt_2.bat and wait until the phone has fully rebooted.
    - Done
    06-11-08 11:25 AM
    Wow, thanks so much! I just removed ptt not so much for the memory space (although that's a perk!) but just because it's so annoying! Great step-by-step instructions.
    06-13-08 06:33 PM
    Awesome!! It's finally gone. Thanks
    03-02-09 02:30 AM
    Fyi, there is an app I found on the forums called maxmem which removes some of these unwanted features directly from your BB. If you check out the 101 How Tos on the forum they reference this app in their section about memory. Worked great, click a button and reboot, no more PTT.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-09 01:04 PM
    I previously removed PTT from my 8310 but for some reason (I believe after I upgraded to the newest version) it reappeared. I looked at and followed the instructions you gave to remove it again but the files do not appear in the Java folder. What do I do - can you help me?
    03-04-09 08:53 PM
    I used maxmem today and it worked seamlessly!! Just do a search on the forum there is an OTA link.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-09 09:31 PM
    worked for me too!! Thanks a bunch!!
    03-17-09 02:58 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD