When I record videos on my Curve and I try to play them back I get an "unsupported format" message. How can I correct this issue?
    08-12-09 01:34 PM
    Are you trying to play them back on your phone? Doesn't make sense that they would be in an unsupported format. When you highlight the video and go to properties what format does it say they are stored in?
    08-12-09 02:49 PM
    This did the exact same thing to me once on my other Storm.. I really REALLY liked that da** video too.. But it only happened once, not sure what caused the problem. =/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-09 02:52 PM
    I had posted a topic on here a week ago with the same issue. I was ready to go to the Sprint store to replace my BB thinking it was defective since I just got it this month.

I actually found out last night what was causing the issue however!

Go to

Options > Media Card >

Turn off Encrypting Media Files

Please respond and let me know if that fixed it for you :]

I found that it would encrypt the video files a .lock3 file on the phone and the videos would be 0kb and wouldn't play

Hope that solves your issue! It was driving me nuts
    08-12-09 03:16 PM
    Thanks a lot. That did the trick!
    08-18-09 07:38 AM
    I've got the same problem. I can't play videos recorded by the Blackberry itself! Argh!

I was excited about the tip Options > Media Card > Turn off Encrypting Media Files.

However, when I tried to turn it off I get a dialog saying:
    "The chosen encryption level is less than your current IT Policy setting".

Crap! It seems that my employer has their hands deep into my Curve, crippling several features I'd like to have. The phone no longer supports MMS either! :-(

Scott
    Last edited by scottndsky; 08-20-09 at 12:53 PM. Reason: typo
    08-20-09 12:52 PM
    I had posted a topic on here a week ago with the same issue. I was ready to go to the Sprint store to replace my BB thinking it was defective since I just got it this month.

I actually found out last night what was causing the issue however!

Go to

Options > Media Card >

Turn off Encrypting Media Files

Please respond and let me know if that fixed it for you :]

I found that it would encrypt the video files a .lock3 file on the phone and the videos would be 0kb and wouldn't play

Hope that solves your issue! It was driving me nuts
    Thank you, thank you, thank you! Yes, this solved the problem for me. I did recently enable content protection, and, now that I think about it, that's about the time video cam stopped working. I was so down about this ... Now my Curve is flawless and perfect again. I feel like I owe it an apology for all the grumbling I've been doing about this ... I hope they make this topic with your solution a sticky.

With appreciation,

Tony
    08-20-09 03:05 PM
    Thank you! Worked for me too - Blackberry Curve 8330
    08-22-09 11:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD