Hey guys. This is my first post here, I just need to verify something before I try this.

First off, I have read completely through several threads that detail how to remove the PTT feature, and there doesnt seem to be a consensus of the best way to do it.

My problem is, I heard a few people say in some threads that one of the methods will reset your blackberry enterprise server activation, which I use for work.

The process to reactivate that could take 3-4 days to get the code, etc and I cannot be without email to my blackberry for that long.

Can anyone who uses the blackberry enterprise server and who has also fully removed the PTT from the running processes please tell me which process they used and if it was successful.

Thanks.
    09-01-07 09:30 PM
    It's simple and doesnt require a new activation on the BES.

You'll need Desktop manager installed along with the OS package for your BB installed to the PC as well.

Then go to C:\program files\common files\research in motion\shared\Loader files\8300_xx_xxx_xx\java and remove the PTT .cod's from the folder. Store them in another folder, just in case you decide later you want them you can just move them back into the java folder.

The two .cod's are:

net_rim_bb_phone_ptt_app.cod
    KnJCDE.cod

Then plug in the device and open Desktop Manager and run Application Loader through to the end. You will see it will remove the "unrecognized modules."
    09-01-07 09:36 PM
    Ok, i was gonna use this method, but was worried it would wipe my BES settings . Thanks for reassuring me.
    09-01-07 09:44 PM
    If your Desktop Manager is configured wrong you can wipe your BES email settings from the device. But that has nothing to do with removing the PTT.
    09-01-07 09:47 PM
    Well it was safely removed. Thanks alot.
    09-01-07 10:00 PM
    And your BES mail is still coming and going? You can send yourself an email to test.
    09-01-07 10:10 PM
    Good point, but Yep I just got one in. Thanks
    09-01-07 10:36 PM
    ....I go to PROGRAM FILES then COMMON FILES then RESEARCH IN MOTION...

however, there is no "LOADER FILES"...

...I only have

AppLoader
    Modem Drivers
    RIMDeviceManager, and
    USB Drivers

I don't find "8300_xx_xxx_xx\java" anywhere....

Thoughts?

Thanks,
    10-22-07 03:58 PM
    You need to download the file from BlackBerry -

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/bla...oad-sites-664/

it takes a while for the file to download - be patient. Once you have it on your PC you can unlock vendor themes too!
    Last edited by MiniBB; 10-22-07 at 08:11 PM. Reason: fixed wrong link
    10-22-07 06:00 PM
    does this new aim work for t-mobile? or is it for AT&T only?
    09-22-08 01:01 AM
    To remove PTT from your phone, do the following.

• Ensure that Desktop Manager is installed on your PC
    • Download JL_Cmder Javaloader Utility and install it.
    • Download and unzip the little file that I have attached to this post.
    • You will now see 2 files remptt_1.bat and remptt_2.bat.
    • Connect your phone to your PC but do not run Desktop Manager.
    • Double mouse click on remptt_1.bat and wait until the phone has re-booted.
    • Now double mouse click on remptt_2.bat. Again wait for the phone to reboot.

PTT is now removed from your phone.
    09-22-08 07:01 AM
    all i did was remove the file net_rim_bb_phone_ptt_app.cod and its gone for me without and problems.
    09-22-08 07:12 AM
    If you want to do it right, follow my procedure.
    09-22-08 07:14 AM
    If you want to do it right, follow my procedure.
    Could you please explain how your method is "right" given that App Loader is designed to load/remove/update modules on the Blackberry?
    10-01-08 02:36 PM
    The easiest way to do it, is to use crackmem. It will delete the ptt for you. All you need is the OS you are trying to install and crackmem downloaded to your computer. Crackmem will do all the work for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-08 03:45 PM
    Thanks Pete6!!! I just cleaned my PTT using your procedure and worked like a champ. Took 2 mins vs 45 mins of a new OS update (I just updated to the 4.5 last night so I didn't really wanted to go through the process again)
    10-01-08 10:18 PM
    10-01-08 10:22 PM
    This is WAY off topic, but is anyone here running DM V.5 yet? any opinions?
    07-21-09 11:45 AM
    Thanks, Pete6, for the thorough and accurate instructions. I successfully removed that pesky PTT app from my BB 8310. A year later and your instructions are A-OK.
    ta,
    12-27-09 02:07 AM
    Thanks Pete6, your instructions worked perfectly and were very easy!
    04-08-10 06:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD