hello! i am a tmobile customer and recently purchased a curve 8320 from them after having a pearl for almost a year. i have contacted tmobile 4 times in the past month in regards to not being able to open pic texts. the message says "cannot retrieve message content. try again later". well, i try and try and i can never get the picture message opened! on one of the calls, tmobile said they were having issues with picture texting and blackberry and were trying to resolve the issue but have no idea when it will be resolved. called again today and wasted a lot of time on the phone as they still didn't resolve my problem. they have sent me a new phone and decided to try to send me another new phone (this will be my third curve). i had mentioned if this isn't resolved after this i would like to get out of my contract with tmobile as this is a frustrating issue with me as i love to get pic texts from family and friends. i do have a memory card in it also. they replied i cannot get out of my contract without paying those hefty fees even though they cannot seem to resolve this frustrating issue for me! they were also rude and argumentative about this! Anyone else having this issue? I am thinking about contacting a higher level executive at tmobile to find an answer here. anybody with any experience dealing with this? thanks so much!
    02-27-08 04:13 PM
    I also cannot recieve pic texts sometimes. I just ask my friends to resend it or fwd it until I get it but it gets annoying so i would like to know the same thing
    02-27-08 05:11 PM
    I just got the 8310 about a week ago and the sales rep at ATT said this is a known problem and made me aware of it before i even bought the phone. He said you will get picture messages sometimes and sometimes they will not go through. He said it was something with the blackberry network, not sure though. I don't really send picture text messages so it doesn't matter.
    02-27-08 05:51 PM
    MMS messages
    02-27-08 06:29 PM
    Yes! and what I was told by TMO and RIM is that it is a know issue and that it will be fixed with the 4.5 update, which hopefully will be in March.
    02-27-08 09:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD