lol it stays on for the 60 seconds now though!
    09-29-08 12:41 AM
    I am still experiencing problems as well. The program installs, accepts my activation code, but does not work.
    I downloaded the update but had the same problem.
    Seems like the program is a good idea. If only it would work.
    09-29-08 12:44 AM
    Well, apparently, the error comes up after I change the # of seconds. The re-install/bp worked, and I was able to open/exit/re-open the app.
    Then I changed the seconds, saved it, and tried to re-open and the error popped up again.
    09-29-08 12:47 AM
    I give up. I've re-loaded this thing several times. I've done battery pulls at ever different point I can think of, and the damn thing still won't work.
    09-29-08 12:49 AM
    Well, apparently, the error comes up after I change the # of seconds. The re-install/bp worked, and I was able to open/exit/re-open the app.
    Then I changed the seconds, saved it, and tried to re-open and the error popped up again.
    yeah thats what i finally figured out. somehow changing the number of seconds the screen is up causes the error. mine is set to 60 now. bblights turns my screen off after less than that. so i'm just gonna leave it alone until a less buggy version comes out. the program is working, it just wont let me change the options again, which at this point isnt that big of a deal i guess.
    09-29-08 12:51 AM
    I give up. I've re-loaded this thing several times. I've done battery pulls at ever different point I can think of, and the damn thing still won't work.
    i forgot to ask, what os version are you running? i guess the devolper is saying it wont work on att and ver 4.2. only 4.5.
    09-29-08 12:52 AM
    Yea, I'm done too.

I think the developer(s) needs to have like a test/beta group with different phones/os versions to test updates before giving them out. I don't think customers should have to go through all this hassle, especially since these are persistant and not isolated problems.
    Last edited by c0rinne; 09-29-08 at 12:57 AM.
    09-29-08 12:53 AM
    Figures....I have att, and version 4.2
    09-29-08 12:59 AM
    Version 1.14 just release...hopefully this fixes some of the error issues!
    09-29-08 06:56 AM
    v1.14 just released to fix a minor auto fade preference bug.

Please re-download if you just got v1.12. For more visit our support page at smrtguard.com/peeksupport.html

thanks.
    09-29-08 07:08 AM
    It looks like the update got rid of that error.
    09-29-08 07:33 AM
    I purchased the product on Saturday, and upgraded again today, the only time I get a pop up is when I resend my service books, any other email, It doesnt pop up.

09-29-08 07:39 AM
    Still having the same problem huh Rachel?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-08 07:52 AM
    Yep, I got the email this morning to upgrade, figured Id give it a shot.. same deal...
    Im determined though LOL even though it may not be a user error on my end LOL
    09-29-08 07:54 AM
    Have you tired sending their support an email with your event log?

Hold down the alt key and type lglg to pull up the log. Hit menu to copy the days contents and past in an email to them. They're pretty good at getting back and fixing problems.

Also, are you using OS 4.2.2? The minimum requirements says it does not support OS 4.2.2, but will work on OS 4.5.
    09-29-08 08:08 AM
    I am, however it works for some here and not for others, and if it didnt work for 4.2.2 why offer than option when you download it...
    09-29-08 08:10 AM
    I upgraded to the new Version this morning and had no issues...
    09-29-08 08:14 AM
    I am, however it works for some here and not for others, and if it didnt work for 4.2.2 why offer than option when you download it...
    I wondered about that, but I'm on 4.5. I think on the download it says 4.2.1 or above. They should add an option for 4.2.1, and then 4.2.3 and above.
    09-29-08 08:22 AM
    Im considering upgrading my OS.. but Im kinda iffy about it, being non technical LOL

I know if I just follow the instructions in the sticky I'll be ok... but still...
    09-29-08 08:29 AM
    Im considering upgrading my OS.. but Im kinda iffy about it, being non technical LOL

I know if I just follow the instructions in the sticky I'll be ok... but still...
    I can assure you from my recent experience, that this new OS upgrade is pretty stable. I just went from .52 to .81, and I have an 8320 Curve also. Therefore, since you have that same phone I think I can say we are comparing "apples to apples."

I am always careful about reading through the entire threads before deciding if the upgrade is for me. This particular one seems to have addressed the issues with UMA/WiFi regarding smooth transitions when moving in and out of range of the router, and so far my PeakAWho has worked perfectly on this OS.

Bottom line? I recommend you try the upgrade... I think you will be happy with it!
    09-29-08 08:40 AM
    It seems (the instructions) seem to easy LOL Im cynical LOL

I know I can always come here for help if needed..

buuuut...yeh...
    09-29-08 08:45 AM
    Upgrading is pretty straight forward. The most important this is to be patient. The last time I upgraded to .81, it took over an hour to complete the entire process.

You may want to look at upgrading using Crackmem as well:http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/cra...eleased-52044/

This helps out with some of the steps.
    09-29-08 08:48 AM
    It seems (the instructions) seem to easy LOL Im cynical LOL

I know I can always come here for help if needed..

buuuut...yeh...
    We will help you if you get stuck Rachel. If you follow the guide, you should not have a problem. I am not computer savvy at all and run different carrier's OS's all the time...
    09-29-08 08:53 AM
    Ill try later this afternoon, I know about being patient with it, Ive seen post after post about people disconnecting thier BB too soon upon completion so know it will take a while LOL

I have saved my apps in a folder on m desktop so I dont need to back those up, I can just reload them right? when done...

And Ill also do a backup also..

Ill try it later this afternoon LOL I know where to come if I screw it up ha
    09-29-08 08:57 AM
    Right. Let us know how you are doing...
    09-29-08 09:00 AM
290 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD