From carrier Cellular South

Software For BlackBerry� Curve (TM) 8330 smartphone

BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.5.0.101 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 4.5.0.101
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 4.5.0.77
    Software Platform: 3.2.0.51
    File name: 8330uAMEA_PBr4.5.0_rel101_PL3.2.0.51_A4.5.0.77_Fas t_100.exe
    File size: 68.06MB
    Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

Download Here:
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...C9D4DB0C6BBE45 From Cellular South

BlackBerry® Software Updates For Verizon Users

For install instruction to load any carrier 8330 OS on your BB:

1. Back up data on Desktop Manager under Back up/restore option
    2. Back up your 3rd party apps. Instructions here--> http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...cations-53201/
    3. Disconnect your BB from Desktop Manager
    4. Download desired OS to your PC
    5. Install/run OS to PC
    6. Delete vendor.xml file. It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader
    7. Connect BB to Desktop Manager and it should prompt the upgrade. If not click app loader and that should initialize it.
    8. Do not unplug BB during the process. It will take around 30-60 minutes to complete upgrade.

***Steps 2 is optional but recommended
    Last edited by Garz; 11-01-08 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Add Verizon link
    09-24-08 10:33 AM
    Is this any different than the beta .77 release????
    09-24-08 11:06 AM
    I would like to know that as well, I am running the beta. Is the only difference its official?
    09-24-08 11:29 AM
    is this OFFICIAL good sir...
    09-24-08 11:50 AM
    There will be no functionality difference between a beta release and a carrier release given the same OS revision.
    09-24-08 12:06 PM
    What was changed between 4.5.0.66 and 4.5.0.77?
    09-24-08 12:12 PM
    What was changed between 4.5.0.66 and 4.5.0.77?
    I dont have a 8330 to run this so I cant say but the later the version usually means more stable and bugs fixed. I would upgarde.
    09-24-08 12:33 PM
    I wonder how long before this gets taken down

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-08 12:38 PM
    I think I would have to know the changes from .66 to .77.
    09-24-08 02:26 PM
    I did go ahead and download it; I'll just wait for some reviews before I decide whether to upgrade. I just don't want them to remove it again.
    09-24-08 02:40 PM
    I did go ahead and download it; I'll just wait for some reviews before I decide whether to upgrade. I just don't want them to remove it again.
    FYI -- I have a VZW 8330 (BES) and I put this OS on it. It has performed flawlessly (seriously), the best of the betas so far. I would say this is basically release quality. Highly recommended.

Feel free to ask specific questions if you have definite concerns.

RMT
    09-24-08 03:31 PM
    I just installed this OS on my lunch break. I read all the instructions and and carefully completed the steps. I have been watching these threads for a couple of weeks and reading about all the bugs and learning as much as I could. when I saw the link to the BB site posted for .77 I decided to go with it! so far eveything is functioning normally. I have only noticed a couple of new features.. the HTML email seems really the best feature. I have only gotten a couple new emails so far. the media player has an equalizer----THANK YOU!! this is sure to enhance my listening as I do not have an MP3 player, my BB is IT. I checked the box for Documents to Go when it installed but have not looked at that feature yet. I have not tried MMS or noticed any enhancement to the web browser yet. of course I tried BB Maps, but no GPS and the geo tag feture of the camera does not work, but it was worth a try!

Hubb
    09-24-08 03:50 PM
    so this DOES work with Verizon? does it have WiFi?? I heard it was going to have that. Reports?? anyone??
    09-24-08 04:05 PM
    been running this for about 3 weeks on vzw. very stable, only issues i found were the speakerphone issue coming on when answering a call & if answer when on vibe in mid-vibe (hope that makes sense) there is a quick humm in the reciever. But Docs to go w/ sheet to go is awesome. Browser better, more memory. Go for it.
    no wif-fi that i know of, but what do you need that for?
    09-24-08 04:13 PM
    does it have WiFi??
    OS updates can't enable WiFi on phones that don't have it built in, the same way computer updates can't enable features your computer doesn't have.
    09-24-08 04:59 PM
    I have yet to find the EQ on the media player. I am running the beta.
    09-24-08 05:03 PM
    If there is no diffrence in updating this when you have the beta already then I wont go forward with it. But, if someone notices something diffrent, please let me know. Thank you
    09-24-08 06:13 PM
    thanks, I just thought I had read on here somewhere that 4.5 would add this. I couldn't figure out how it could do that either since the phone didn't come with it. I actually live in the far northwest corner of N.C. where we don't get a very good cell signal, but I do have wireless in my house. So at home I mostly use my laptop. I downloaded 4.5 today at work, I'll install tomorrow. thanks for the update and stability reports.....

Hay guys, here's the link to the thread that lead me to believe the curve had WiFi....

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/wha...exactly-74873/

so do some curves have wifi and some don't?????
    Last edited by rangerdavid; 09-24-08 at 07:10 PM.
    09-24-08 06:21 PM
    so do some curves have wifi and some don't?????
    That is correct, the 8320 has WiFi, none of the other curves do.
    09-24-08 07:17 PM
    mms work with this upgrade on alltel??
    09-24-08 07:18 PM
    Installing now on top of the current .77 beta. Once again, my carrier has come through. Kudos Csouth!
    09-24-08 07:18 PM
    I see you can edit and reply on this site now with this OS version's browser, you couldn't with the other versions.

That's cool!

09-24-08 07:19 PM
    mms work with this upgrade on alltel??
    It's not working for me.

09-24-08 07:20 PM
    I have yet to find the EQ on the media player. I am running the beta.
    The EQ is there in this version. Seems to me like it was there in the Beta as well, are you looking in the right place? When you open the Media Player and you're looking at the five icon screen press the menu button and scroll to the bottom.

09-24-08 07:30 PM
    If there is no diffrence in updating this when you have the beta already then I wont go forward with it. But, if someone notices something diffrent, please let me know. Thank you
    To me this version seems to be a lot more stable. You can edit & reply on this site with this version I couldn't with the beta. That's a plus. I'm still exploring it to see if I can find anything else.

My MMS still doesn't work with this version...that sucks!

09-24-08 07:39 PM
591 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD