Im curious if its possible to remove the beeping noise when dialing a number?
    07-21-08 01:46 PM
    Can I assume that it cant be done?
    07-21-08 04:43 PM
    I'm interested too !
    07-21-08 04:45 PM
    you cant do it ... at least i have yet to find a way to ..
    07-21-08 04:50 PM
    I was wondering the same thing... I'm still a noob cake
    07-21-08 04:52 PM
    nope its impossible if you really have to dial without making noise yu can go to messages>place call>use once if you do that you can type the number in without it making a sound then just hit call
    07-21-08 05:03 PM
    There is a way to do it, I think there is a shorter way to get to it but this is what I got for now. Its kinda long and tedious but if the situation comes along where you absolutely cannot have any noise coming from your BB then you can do this....

Press the green "Call" button.
    Press the "Menu" button.
    Scroll up and select "Call from Address Book".
    Scroll up and select "Use Once".
    Now dial the desired number and there should be no sound.

Hope this helps, if there is a shorter and better way of doing this please let me know. Peace!
    07-21-08 05:10 PM
    I wonder if the creator of berry annoying can make a program to mute the dialing tones while he is making a CDMA version of berry annoying

Hahaha hint hint I'll buy that one

Maybe make BerryAnnoying2 and have both features in one program?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-08 06:12 PM
    If you turn "Key Tone" off under Options-Screen/Keyboard, setting your profile to Quiet will allow you to dial without any sounds.

07-21-08 06:39 PM
    If you turn "Key Tone" off under Options-Screen/Keyboard, setting your profile to Quiet will allow you to dial without any sounds.

Just tried it and it didnt work for me. Am i missing somethin? Maybe it works for the 8320 and not the 8310. Who knows!
    07-21-08 06:50 PM
    I wonder if the creator of berry annoying can make a program to mute the dialing tones while he is making a CDMA version of berry annoying

works on mine!
    07-21-08 06:51 PM

What's Berry Annoying and where can I find it, Google failed me. It sounds like it would be fun to try out.
    07-21-08 07:22 PM

I dont know how you figured this out, but its very cool! Thank you.
    07-21-08 09:40 PM
    What's Berry Annoying and where can I find it, Google failed me. It sounds like it would be fun to try out.

it mutes the click on your camera it can be found in the CB shop..
    07-21-08 10:23 PM
    Wow nice hidden feature in the "quiet" profile. Too bad you can't edit it or see where its located...I wonder what other features are hidden within the profiles!

07-22-08 12:58 AM
    So as of yesterday when i was using OS 4.3 all key tones were silent regardless of profile. Not today since i upgreaded to 4.5....66 i cannot silence the key tones.

Any thoughts on why 4.5 took a step backwards? or do i need to revert back to 4.3
    08-09-08 11:50 AM
    Well Verizon Failed To Tell Me Anything Like This When I Purchased The Phone.. So Spending About 45 Minutes On The Phone With Verizon, They Told Me Nothing Can Be Done About The Noise Permenantly.. You Just Have To Go To The "call Once" Option And Type Without Hearing The Noise -- This Is Definately A Big Negative With The Phone I Have Found So Far -- Also I Noticed About An Hour After I Owned It, The "n" Key Was Already Having Trouble Typing.. Baddd Businessss Verizon!!
    01-16-09 10:33 AM
    Well Verizon Failed To Tell Me Anything Like This When I Purchased The Phone.. So Spending About 45 Minutes On The Phone With Verizon, They Told Me Nothing Can Be Done About The Noise Permenantly.. You Just Have To Go To The "call Once" Option And Type Without Hearing The Noise -- This Is Definately A Big Negative With The Phone I Have Found So Far -- Also I Noticed About An Hour After I Owned It, The "n" Key Was Already Having Trouble Typing.. Baddd Businessss Verizon!!
    I'm intrigued... why do you need silent dialing when you're about to make a call?
    01-16-09 12:08 PM
    How is having a bad "n" key Verizon's fault? It's just bad luck that your device has this problem. Take the phone back and exchange it for another Curve or different model/brand entirely.

I'm intrigued... why do you need silent dialing when you're about to make a call?
    Probably because they're making calls when in class or during meetings, etc.
    Which begs the question, if you don't want to disrupt people with the dialing tones, then should you really be making calls and yapping on your cellphone as well?
    01-16-09 12:18 PM
    This also works using the Vibrate profile...

I use the Vibrate profile for when I just want vibration notifications.
    I use the Quiet profile (editied to allow ring tones & alerts) when I want to hear sounds.

No matter which of the two I use... there are no annoying beeps when dialing from the home screen.

If you need a truly "Quiet" profile, just create a new one (mine's called Silent) and turn everything off in that.
    01-16-09 12:51 PM
    I'm intrigued by the fact that he/she capitalized every word in that post.
    01-16-09 01:16 PM
    works on mine!
    i love your road trip videos! nice work!
    01-16-09 01:16 PM
    I'm intrigued by the fact that he/she capitalized every word in that post.
    Me too!

It's not like YELLING, but more like, I'm Trying To Make A Very Serious Point Here Without Raising My Voice!
    01-16-09 02:42 PM
    For BB Curve 8830 users (this might work for all CDMAs - i.e. BB's that end in xx30 - but I'm not completely sure), just go to Options > Screen/Keyboard, and turn the Key Tone "off." Then, either set your profile to "Quiet" or "Vibrate" and you won't have any noise while dialing numbers.

Because if you're in a silent room, such as in a business meeting, or watching a musical performance in a concert hall, or just sitting in your quiet office, one may want silent dialing to check his/her voicemail without disturbing others.
    02-08-09 08:47 AM
    If you need to make silent call switch to quiet or vibrate on 8900. That's it simple and easy or wait till the G2 comes out. Kidding. I need 3g though.
    04-16-09 03:54 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD