ok maybe someone can help me.....so i was syncronizing the phone yesterday and while in the process i had a call, and it went as a missed call, now the problem is the little missed call icon doesn�t go away????.....any ideas to why this happened, i�ve tried taking the battery out to soft reset but i didn�t work the icon is still there...anyone got any ideas???
    01-10-08 09:06 AM
    Was the BB powered on when you pulled the battery? That is a soft reset, it is hard reset, the best you can do to reset.

Is the missed call in the Messages list, uncleared or unopened?

Try also...
    --Calling your BB from another line, leave a message, miss the call etc.
    --Change to another Theme, and return to your current theme. Options > Theme.

Good luck.
    01-10-08 09:12 AM
    Thanx jsanders, I tried what you said but it didn't work....the missed call is not on the call log, just the icon on the home screen....any more ideas...I can live with it but it would be so much better if it wasn't there...thanks again...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-08 02:27 PM
    Thanx jsanders, I tried what you said but it didn't work....the missed call is not on the call log, just the icon on the home screen....any more ideas...I can live with it but it would be so much better if it wasn't there...thanks again...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I had this same problem and the only way I could get rid of it was when I upgraded the OS to .180. It was extremely frustrating.
    01-14-08 10:25 PM
    Im having the exact same problem. Someone PLEASE help!
    02-04-08 05:46 PM
    I had this same problem and the only way I could get rid of it was when I upgraded the OS to .180. It was extremely frustrating.
    Here too. Upgrading was the only solution. I used this site to find my correct upgrade. It seem to be a (harmless) OS bug.

Daruba.
    02-04-08 07:20 PM
    This is utterly ridiculous. RIM should be embarrassed. I refuse to reload my OS for something so silly. There better be a real solution.
    07-22-08 07:48 PM
    Happened to me when I switched devices from 8700c to 8310. To make it go away, go into Desktop Manager, Backup/Restore, Advanced. On the right side under Device Databases, scroll to Phone Call Logs, then press the "Clear" button. This will get rid of the icon, but it will delete your call logs. If that's a problem, try backing it up first (using the middle "left" arrow, then deleting it. Afterwards, try restoring it (moving it back using the middle "right" arrow) and see if the icon comes back. If not, voila. If so, I'm not sure what else you can do.

Not sure why this happens, but it is annoying.

(Of course, be sure your device is connected to your computer when you do this DM procedure.)
    07-22-08 08:43 PM
    Happened to me when I switched devices from 8700c to 8310. To make it go away, go into Desktop Manager, Backup/Restore, Advanced. On the right side under Device Databases, scroll to Phone Call Logs, then press the "Clear" button. This will get rid of the icon, but it will delete your call logs. If that's a problem, try backing it up first (using the middle "left" arrow, then deleting it. Afterwards, try restoring it (moving it back using the middle "right" arrow) and see if the icon comes back. If not, voila. If so, I'm not sure what else you can do.

(Of course, be sure your device is connected to your computer when you do this DM procedure.)

This will fix for some but not all. This can still be attempted. The only fix for me was to have a fresh back up on DM, wipe handheld and then restore your data. I recommended this to others and have always worked!
    07-22-08 08:47 PM
    Thanks, clearing the Phone Call Logs thru the Desktop Manager worked. Still unbelievable.
    07-22-08 08:49 PM
    Thanks, clearing the Phone Call Logs thru the Desktop Manager worked. Still unbelievable.
    Let us know if this works! If not try my method as it should fix it. Good luck!
    07-22-08 08:51 PM
    This will fix for some but not all. This can still be attempted. The only fix for me was to have a fresh back up on DM, wipe handheld and then restore your data. I recommended this to others and have always worked!
    Oh yeah...forgot...I did that too.
    07-22-08 08:57 PM
    Oh yeah...forgot...I did that too.
    Its all about getting out heads together and helping. More suggestions, the better the chance of correcting. Thats why CB is great teamwork!
    07-22-08 09:00 PM

I'm a total newbie and you are awesome! I was going crazy trying to remove the 2xphone icon and didn't want to wipe my handheld. It worked going through Desktop Mgr!. Thank you.
    Last edited by rrobinson; 07-22-08 at 10:08 PM.
    07-22-08 09:45 PM
    I'm a total newbie and you are awesome! I was going crazy trying to remove the 2xphone icon and didn't want to wipe my handheld. It worked going through Desktop Mgr!. Thank you.

You are quite welcome. Now let me give you my wife's phone # so you can tell her how awesome I am...she doesn't seem to believe it when I tell her that.

TIA!
    07-22-08 09:51 PM

This newbie is grateful! Going to Desktop Mgr worked perfectly. You're awesome. Thank you.
    07-22-08 10:07 PM
    I'm not sure if anyone needs this anymore, but given that I needed help with this yesterday, haha, I'd be willing to bet someone will find this helpful.
    I back up my pearl ever so often, and I got the idea to try this today, rather than a wipe.. I backed it up in the current annoying-icon-that-wont-go-away, not even from angry glares, state, and then I restored it to a date a month or so ago. The icon was, of course, gone, and I just restored it to the back-up from today, and voila, gone, without losing all of my data. I hope this helps.
    03-08-10 09:39 PM
    I just had this issue. The missed call icon that does not go away. Tried all the previous mentioned as well as some other ideas from some other threads. I did NOT do a wipe but did try deleting all the call history with no success.

I even tried calling my phone, letting it miss the call and then pulling the battery....It ended up giving me 2 missed calls that wouldn't delete after the reboot...

What finally worked for me was when I checked my voicemail. Not visual voicemail, but actually holding down "1" and dialing into the voicemail. After checking voicemail the "old fashion" way the icon cleared itself.

Goofy bug for sure... Oh, Sprint curve on os5
    05-06-11 12:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD