What's the difference between these two formats. When I sync my bb and pc or try to do drag and drop. The jpg.rem pictures won't show up. My phone use to save them as jpg but now saves them as jpg.rem. I haven't changed any settings. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-08 08:38 PM
    the .rem means that you have the microSD card encrypted
    09-20-08 08:47 PM
    Oh okay so I should turn the encrypted to off

09-20-08 08:49 PM
    Yes you should
    09-20-08 09:49 PM
    if you turn it off, they will go back to being just .jpg files you can view in the computer
    09-20-08 09:51 PM
    Actually, I found if I saved the photo while the media card was encrypted that turning off encryption did not remove the .rem extension. However, provided the encryption is now off, you could e-mail the file to yourself, and save it again, thus, removing the .rem from the file name.
    09-20-08 11:36 PM
    Thanks for updating this Nightfire... I just removed my encryption and it didn't work.
    09-21-08 12:28 AM
    Thanks for updating this Nightfire... I just removed my encryption and it didn't work.
    Glad to help. I found myself in the same situation not too long ago.
    09-21-08 01:58 AM
    the .rem means that you have the microSD card encrypted
    Nice one, worm. You have given me my one nugget of knowledge for the day. I can now relax. I had no idea that it appended .rem to the end of the file name.
    09-21-08 03:11 AM
    Ah the power of CB. I just ran into this issue today and had no idea what the heck this .rem ext was all about. Thanks benzworm for your info. I don't remember enabling the encryption.

Can I just rename them to remove the .rem?

10-01-08 05:52 PM
    no prob! as for removing it, just rename the pic and take of the .rem
    10-01-08 06:33 PM
    Awesome thanks.

10-02-08 12:02 AM
    no prob! as for removing it, just rename the pic and take of the .rem
    Sorry to resurrect this thread but that definitely didn't work for me. Just because you rename the file, it doesn't mean you decrypted the file.

You can however, send them over Bluetooth or email them to your self as suggested above.
    Last edited by bugmenot2; 12-18-08 at 06:33 PM.
    12-18-08 06:29 PM
    I turned the decryption off but now instead of only taking off the .rem, it completely renames the files a whole bunch of weird characters and ends with .al format. Is me media card corrupted or something?

05-30-10 11:23 AM
    I found that using the Blackberry Desktop manager, then going to Media, then choosing the Media manager launches Roxio for Blackberry (which was also installed when my BB desktop manager was installed). This instance of Roxio has a little transparent BB symbol on the lower right hand side of the screen. It runs very slowly on my 3 year old computer, but does move. I have to enter my BB password, and the encryption pw, which you set when you turned on the BB or the BB Desktop manager. Mine are the same PW.
    I can select multiple files on my BB and move them to my computer drive. The files, as they appear in Roxio, do not have the REM extension. Presumably, Roxio only gets the unencrypted version from the BB. I guess the actual unencryption is done by the BB device itself, not by my computer. The transfer takes a while. I transfered about 200 files in about 15 minutes. Encryption was "Strong", not stronger or strongest. My guess is that stronger or strongest would take more time to unencrypt.

Good luck.

My BB is a Bold 9700 with OS 5.0.0.405, platform 5.1.0.112
    My BB Desktop manager is 5.0.1
    The Roxio is Roxio for Blackberry Build 904B67E ENU
    07-17-10 11:00 AM
    can any one help me to to change my blackberry pics in to jpg . i took lots off pics from my black berry camera . i can see those pic only on black berry . but can't veiw then in my pc . can any one have jpg.rem converter which can convert my pics into jpg . help thanks
    04-14-11 11:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD