hey someone gave a blackberry curve, the issue is that the device is completely locked up. I cant dial numbers access the menu only thing i can do is call 911 and recieve phone calls. I cant get the IMEI number either will someone please tell me how to unlock this phone
    09-18-07 09:57 AM
    OK Ill be the one to tell you what we are all thinking. This sounds quite suspicious. Why didnt the person do it for you or tell you what to do? And why on Earth wouldnt you go to a store...?
    09-18-07 01:14 PM
    Why cant you get the IMEI number. Its on a sticker under the battery! If the sticker isnt there...then definately dont bother keeping hold....
    09-18-07 03:34 PM
    it aint suspicious, i didnt say the person that gave the phone to me was the persont that brought, i said it was given to me the reason why you can't take it to a store is because they can't unlock a personal lock code. An another thing i didn't know that the IMEI number was on the back cingular told me i had to go through the menu to get that. Either way it goes i found how to unlock it, and it is unlock, and i'm using it now and i love it
    09-19-07 08:27 AM
    This thread people is a prime example on why you need to keep your BB secure.
    09-19-07 09:34 AM
    OK. So someone here does have a brain. Thank you Bla1ze!
    09-19-07 09:42 AM
    thats true but don't hate on the come up, It's not my fault someone slipped and lost a expensive phone. It's not my fault
    09-19-07 12:23 PM
    thats true but don't hate on the come up, It's not my fault someone slipped and lost a expensive phone. It's not my fault
    Heaven forbid you actually act like a decent human being and do the right thing and turn the lost phone in.

What you have done is no better than actually stealing it from the rightful owner directly.
    09-19-07 03:32 PM
    Oh man, this is sad. Someone lost a very good phone. Let me go right into security settings and assign my device a password. Wouldn't want to loose my device and info.
    09-20-07 08:16 AM
    yikes, scary.
    09-20-07 10:43 AM
    well to bad they screwed up not me
    09-26-07 12:24 PM
    Points learned in this thread:

1) Be careful where you take your berry to.
    2) Lock it with a password.
    3) Take off IMEI, for good measure.
    4) Don't trust this kid with anything, not even your dust specks from your pocket. He can't even buy his own Curve and would willingly steal from others.
    09-26-07 01:05 PM
    I agree with Kasperapd.
    Anyone remember the Golden Rule??
    09-26-07 04:22 PM
    faythe104 is now on a perm vacation from these forums. Admitting what he did was enough for me.
    09-26-07 05:38 PM
    Hello,
    I really need to know how you unlocked your blackberry personal code. I am in the exact some position. Please help. =(
    12-24-08 03:16 AM
    If you are in the exact same position, I think you can expect the
    same level of help. Basically nonexistent.
    12-24-08 03:38 AM
    Amazing how many phones get "found" these days ain't it?!
    12-24-08 05:26 AM
    faythe104 is now on a perm vacation from these forums. Admitting what he did was enough for me.
    Thank you, Sir!
    12-24-08 08:27 AM
    I can't believe someone would actually come onto a public forum and admit stealing a phone...

Based on this thread, I just put a password on my Curve.
    Last edited by Crowleyman; 12-24-08 at 09:24 AM.
    12-24-08 09:20 AM
    Hello,
    I really need to know how you unlocked your blackberry personal code. I am in the exact some position. Please help. =(
    How to unlock your stolen BB:

1. Take said BB to the bathroom, preferably one with a huge mirror available.

2. Put said BB on the counter, please be gentle and use a satin soft towel on the counter under the BB.

3. Look at yourself in the mirror.

4. Raise your right hand, open palm preferably, and slap the $hit out of yourself while repeatedly saying "StupidA$$!"

THAT is how you unlock a stolen BB....

This is not the best place to ask these question as we paid for and love our BBs. For some Ahole to come and steal someone else's BB is just plain lame.
    12-24-08 09:29 AM
    Hello,
    I am more than happy to help you unlock "your" phone. Please post your first and last name along with your home address and phone number so I can drive over and "help" you.
    12-24-08 09:32 AM
    faythe104, you are a GREAT example of why I find it hard to trust ANYONE. There were many ways to find out who the rightful owner if that phone was! You unlocked it, so you could have simply called someone in the person's address book and asked them how to get a hold of them, you could have brought it to a cingular store, called the service provider itself, etc. Instead you said "Finders keepers" and kept it. How in the **** would you feel if you lost your phone and some dishonest person stole it? Or maybe your wallet with your ID and cash in it? Stealing is stealing, no matter how you look at it. If someone stole my Curve, you had better believe I would find a way to track it down.
    12-24-08 09:38 AM
    Things like this really hit home, as I lost my wallet once. Ended up getting it back, but everything in it was gone. Made me REALLY jaded.
    12-24-08 09:45 AM
    I had a program called bluepill on my Treo 700p that would nuke the phone if I ever lost it. I can't wait for SmrtGuard to finish up and offer their protection program. If it will prevent a scumbag like this guy from using it then I want it.

SmrtGuard :: Your BlackBerry Guardian
    12-24-08 09:52 AM
    After reading this, I want to password protect my curve. How do I do that? Thanks in advance and keep your bb's safe from #%$holes like the poster! Is there a way to have my curve explode if it is stolen? Just wondering.
    12-24-08 09:56 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD